About Avatars

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Forum members reported a clarity issue with avatars in the English-language forum, and we had noticed it too. We've solved the mystery of what was causing that situation and we will be able to correct the issue this week. However, in order to do so, we'll need to remove all avatars so that we can upload an improved image of each. Since the forum system will not automatically replace your chosen image with a new, refreshed version of the avatar, you will need to manually add or re-add your selection onto your account profile.

But don't despair, there's good news to share! When we upload the refreshed existing avatars, we'll also be uploading a few dozen new avatars! This will allow you to choose from a broader variety of profile images, and you can swap those out whenever you like in the future.

Project Avatar Update will take place in the next couple of days, so look for an forum announcement and check out the new images!

Oh Thank goodness, I also hope we'll get the new elite spec icons, such as spellbreaker, I love the feel of spellbreaker, occasionally I do feel the damage is lacking, but other than the occasional, I love it :D

Random note - :D First thing that appears in the "disappointed" Emoticon... I have no clue why, maybe because it has a D ?

*points leftI have been a good girl for once.

Cyrin: I get your point and I'm somewhat confused by the same avatars all over as I think they're the same person, but on the other hand: They'd need someone to go through all avatars to check if they're allright. And I don't think they want that.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Yay! We need an avatar with a blue arrow
cough

Blue Arrow? I apologize, but which spec/profession does that one represent?

Also: racial icons for avatars, please.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Quaggans, you say? I
maaaay
have seen a quaggan or two in the mix. =)

Quaggan avatar likes yoOOOooooUUU.

You know, for an AVATAR...

Or could be the blue arrow elite skill for Sanctum Sprint

Just remove them altogether.They are a waste of screen real estate and their implementation on these forums is tokenistic at best.Avatars are about personal expression and identity. The opportunity for this is almost entirely absent given their implementation here.They are pointless and get in the way.~TG

Is there an option to remove avatars completely? I mean this limited selection and lack of personalization doesn't really add anything in my opinion. If no such option exists maybe it's an idea to add one (like you did with the 'hide signatures')? Personally I find these 'avatars' pretty pointless and would rather have an option to have them not visible at all.

@CharterforGw.3149 said:do the old low quality avatars stay as your avatar if you don't do anything , to change your avatar? pretty sure some people would actually keep the low quality for fun xD

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:However, in order to do so, we'll need to remove all avatars so that we can upload an improved image of each. Since the forum system will not automatically replace your chosen image with a new, refreshed version of the avatar, you will need to manually add or re-add your selection onto your account profile.

You probably can or they will all be reset to no avatar.The later; there you go:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Wanna bet we get a dozen "Where is my avatar!!?!!" posts when this happens, no matter where I put it? :p

@Cyrin.1035 said:Why can't we upload our own avatars? Even if we have to submit it for review beforehand, that would be way more fun.

Yes, I understand the fear of people uploading NSFW stuff but you do not have that on every forum that exists on the net here. Plus there is the fact that every image on this forum is tied to a paid GW2 account anyway, which I doubt most people want to risk.

Gaile- Is there some technical reason why we can not upload images?

Archived