Switching servers unable to gain pip tickets?

imahich.8415

So my question is my friend and i switched servers on Saturday into a new guilds server and we were wondering how screwed we are for tonights reset? Are we going to be able to gain tickets tonight at reset so we can finally get our mount or do we have to wait a year and a half to gain tickets?

As far as I understood it, you still get the regular WvW reward track progress, just not skirmish track progress. The skirmish ticket cost of the warclaw is only 50 so if you already have that I dont see how you can fail getting a warclaw within 4-6 hours of WvW.

But I could be wrong.

@Dawdler.8521 said:As far as I understood it, you still get the regular WvW reward track progress, just not skirmish track progress. The skirmish ticket cost of the warclaw is only 50 so if you already have that I dont see how you can fail getting a warclaw within 4-6 hours of WvW.

But I could be wrong.

@LaGranse.8652 said:The warclaw armor pieces you collect for the warclaw achivement can be consumef for skirmish tickets. Consuming them all should give enough tickets for warclaw.

finishing the whole warclaw is 40 tickets unless there something else i can do for 10 tickets please let me know

@Liston.9708 said:You must play through 1 reset on the server to get tickets. Changing on a Saturday is almost the worst time as reset has already happened. Best to switch just before reset to minimize the time of 0 tickets.

yea i just started to get into wvw in years so i didn't no the BS was even a thing and no one told me.

@Dawdler.8521 said:As far as I understood it, you still get the regular WvW reward track progress, just not skirmish track progress. The skirmish ticket cost of the warclaw is only 50 so if you already have that I dont see how you can fail getting a warclaw within 4-6 hours of WvW.

But I could be wrong.

That's right. Reward tracks are based on participation and have nothing to do with skirmish pips.

@imahich.8415 said:

@Liston.9708 said:As others said, I think you can still advance the warclaw because the bits and pieces are consumed. Back when I did it, I could also re-buy one thing and consume again for 5 extra tickets.

what vendor?

The same vendor where you buy the other warclaw pieces. I did it in the first hour of play so the loophole of 5 extra tix could have been fixed since then

@imahich.8415 said:

@Liston.9708 said:You must play through 1 reset on the server to get tickets. Changing on a Saturday is almost the worst time as reset has already happened. Best to switch just before reset to minimize the time of 0 tickets.

yea i just started to get into wvw in years so i didn't no the BS was even a thing and no one told me.Saying
so we can finally get our mount
kind of made me assume you've been playing for a while since it released. You didnt even get tickets for an hour or two before the transfer? Doesnt seem like you where in a rush to begin with.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

yea i just started to get into wvw in years so i didn't no the BS was even a thing and no one told me.Saying
kind of made me assume you've been playing for a while since it released. You didnt even get tickets for an hour or two before the transfer? Doesnt seem like you where in a rush to begin with.

i wanted into a good wvw guild i didnt play gw2 when the ranking system was out dont assume my position of this please thanks.

@imahich.8415 said:

i wanted into a good wvw guild i didnt play gw2 when the ranking system was out dont assume my position of this please thanks.

ALSO my 2 guilds i xsfered too NEVER told me about this. This is a big problem for a lot of people that are NOT aware of this and is fucked up for anet to do.

@imahich.8415 said:

ALSO my 2 guilds i xsfered too NEVER told me about this. This is a big problem for a lot of people that are NOT aware of this and is kitten up for anet to do.

But yet your two guilds bear no responsibility?

This has been in place for at least a year. You Not knowing isn’t Anets fault.

@imahich.8415 said:

ALSO my 2 guilds i xsfered too NEVER told me about this. This is a big problem for a lot of people that are NOT aware of this and is kitten up for anet to do.

It's not like it's not documented. Go onto the ANet sites and read all about it. Full details can easily be found with small amount of poking around. ;)

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

It's not like it's not documented. Go onto the ANet sites and read all about it. Full details can easily be found with small amount of poking around. ;)

I just felt like i shouldn't have to go on the forums to look for stuff very major that affects a lot of people who switch servers for guilds... just saying.

@imahich.8415 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

I just felt like i shouldn't have to go on the forums to look for stuff very major that affects a lot of people who switch servers for guilds... just saying.

Where else would you expect to get the information? It’s in the Wiki, it’s on these forums, it’s on Reddit.

@SoV.5139 said:The question that SHOULD be asked, is why does anyone care enough if someone switches servers the point where they need to penalize them one full weeks worth of WvW tickets?

It’s been asked.

And for many, the answer is the mass transfers defeat the purpose of Anet relinking for more balanced numbers in matchups.

That being said, I haven’t transferred for 4 years, so I don’t really have a dog in this.