what's the best thing that's happened to PVP since mirage was nerfed?

Saharo.5381

I think Scrapper becoming a true bunker made PVP fights interesting again. Now you can't just DPS/condi spam, you have to spam somewhat mindfully. It takes more organization to play around bunkers, so I think it makes the game funner and more diverse.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:I think Scrapper becoming a true bunker made PVP fights interesting again.

I am 100% sure that it did the
very exact opposite of that
, but hey, opinions I guess.

Also a valid opinion. I'm just glad something can finally eat hits. I think a who-hits-harder contest the entire game is more boring than having to strategize to take out a bunker, but, opinions.

@"Traveller.7496" said:I think the scrapper is somewhat balanced because it can't do any damage. You can eventually whittle it down with CC. Much more annoying are those classes who are impossible to hit (mirage, weaver) but still do a ton of damage.Again give mesmer the ability to pop barrier, to get full heal on 1 heal + combo and perma protection+ vigor with some long superspeed and stealth pop and you can remove all target break and teleport if you want.It's just thats there is class with gameplay who can be hit because they have good regen/resustain and there is class who can"t (like thief/mes) because they have only 1 heal who rarely refill all hp.mirage, weaver = a ton of damage is little exagerate imo.

@op :

what's the best thing that's happened to PVP since mirage was nerfed?That just mean we switch from 2 mes/game to 2 rev/game and damage switch from condi to direct.

I think mirage would have been still around even after the nerfs, cause it is still good, but the scrapper buff just shuts it down, you just can't move scrapper with conditions you need cc and big power damage. If scrapper wasn't that good condi mirage would still be played a lot in ranked. I think its better this way though, since mirage takes away a lot of the gameplay from other classes can't be really stunned, can't be really hit fights turn into a slog and most of the builds that would be able to survive and put pressure on mirage don't work versus rest of the team, i'm not saying that all is good with scrapper, since most experienced ones would still run circles around in 1v3 and still not break sweat, but at least you can load up on displacement cc that can be useful both vs scrapper and their team.Also i don't get why mesmer guys always find a build that makes the game unenjoyable to play, that feeling of ughhhh not again.

@Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:I think Scrapper becoming a true bunker made PVP fights interesting again. Now you can't just DPS/condi spam, you have to spam somewhat mindfully. It takes more organization to play around bunkers, so I think it makes the game funner and more diverse.

I wholeheartedly disagree that a braindead bunker spec becoming viable is good for PvP.

I enjoyed Chrono becoming viable, because that's a spec that actually requires skill to play.

@yusayu.3629 said:

@Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:I think Scrapper becoming a true bunker made PVP fights interesting again. Now you can't just DPS/condi spam, you have to spam somewhat mindfully. It takes more organization to play around bunkers, so I think it makes the game funner and more diverse.

I wholeheartedly disagree that a braindead bunker spec becoming viable is good for PvP.

I enjoyed Chrono becoming viable, because that's a spec that actually requires skill to play.

But braindead DPS and condi specs are good for PVP?? Since we have multiple of those, it’s only fair we have a corresponding bunker.

@yusayu.3629 said:

Are you talking about the (kind of) recent bunker chrono build of one or two seasons ago ? If so that's quite the opposite of skill.

Sadly nothing of use was nerfed and it's still a face roll on keyboard class. Noob carry class where you can dodge, evade, stealth, go invulnerable and avoid all damage while spewing conditions from their butts. Oh while causing massive cc and screen spam with clones and phantasms.

If torment and confusion did damage only on activity and not constantly then it wouldn't be bad. So unless they deal with the unending dodgeing / evading or cut condition damage on them by least half. Nothing will be fix and it will still be choice class for noobs to be carried.

I think it is odd what people do and don't like.PvP isn't just about killing other players, it is also strongly about point control.Yet, if the other team gets X amount of points because you got killed vs X amount of points because you couldn't kill someone or move them off the point after a certain amount of time, people are almost always going to feel more strongly about the former, even if in both cases their team is falling behind by X amount of points.

I'm not saying this doesn't make sense. Of course you are going to have less fun in the first situation. However, I don't think a lot of people realize their opinions can be dictated by this.

What should matter at the end is who wins and who looses.

p.s. it can also go the opposite way if matches become 'too boring', except I don't think people tend to take this as personally.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:I think Scrapper becoming a true bunker made PVP fights interesting again.

I am 100% sure that it did the
very exact opposite of that
, but hey, opinions I guess.

Double on that.

Nerfing Mesmer as also one of the worst decisions made in sPvP so far. It is completely out of the competitive meta. And builds with weakness to condi, SB, herald and to some extent holo, are all running free with no counters or anything to keep them in check. These three builds plus FB and scourge hugely dominate the meta.

The best thing to happen since Condition Mirage was nerfed was that Condition Mirage came back with a slightly altered build even more deadly and anti-fun then ever. I'm literally laughing.

Scrapper rework was one of the worst things to happen in game.

The problem with Scrapper is that is that no matter how tanky something is, unless we're dealing with full on dedicated support fighting a full on a dedicated support 1v1, there should be an inevitability towards fights eventually ending in someone either dying or being forced to flee. Being tanky shouldn't mean you have enough sustain to stall out a fight forever. It should mean your higher starting durability gives you a big head start in the race to reducing each other's HP down to zero and that's your key advantage.

I also think a defensive spec with as much survivability as Scrapper just through pure face tank rather than using active defenses the way Spellbreaker, Weaver, Chrono, and Mirage is really unhealthy. No build should have as much skillless pure face tank as Scrapper does.