About hiding the armor pieces...

The time has come, ArenaNet.Even WoW now has the option to hide different parts of armor, so, please, let us finally do it aswell. You know how much people love customization. More options will allow more people to actually play around with all the different armor sets (because many of them, frankly, are bad, especially those that you dont have to grind some expansion content for (ESPECIALLY ON CHARR DANGIT)), so let them have their fun. It will make A LOT of people happy. And with recent turmoil in the industry you should get as much goodwill as you possibly can. And its not even that hard to do (most likely?) and doesnt require any new assets and stuff.Please make it happen.Sincerely, another wow refugee, now full time Guild Wars 2 player.(game is amazing btw, JUST GIVE THE DAMN HIDE OPTIONS!)

@Tarlonniel.6534 said:Are you quadruplets? :o

(Armor and outfits are different things in this game, BTW)No it's the same person writing multiple times. He/she tries to come off as different people and supports his/her own idea... name and number combination are unique in gw2. And support is very hesitant to change display names because it can break an account. So that's not an option too. He/she is just supporting him/herself and hopes nobody sees it.

You can already hide the head slot, shoulders, and gloves on armor pieces. As for outfits, you can hide the head slot, and I believe on some outfits you can also hide the gloves. (I'm not sure about that, though; haven't been able to verify it.)

What else did you want, mysterious quadruplets who are definitely not the same person posting over and over? ;)

unless they got multiple personalites ofcourse.

OP you do know we can hide shoulders helm and buy a 3k item to hide shoes 9k for all 3 weights.I can imagen if anet add it, it will be ultra rare item that goes for 4-5k each so we can hide chest/gloves and pants option.

No reason why you shouldn't be able to hide at least the feet as well. FFXIV lets players just buy cheap vendor items to wear as "skins" over top of their equipped armor which appear as "unequipped armor." Want to wear armor but don't want to have an item appear on your legs or arms or chest, ect? Just go to a vendor and buy a cheap glamour which gives that appearance. GW2 doesn't let players do this, and the "glamour" equivalent for feet in GW2 is exorbitantly expensive due to artificial rarity. Pretty good joke all around if you ask me, though.

These threads come up all the time, but it always degrades into "Someone might see an underwear! Mesmers already walk around in their lingerie!", I'm being sarcastic here of course, but that's more or less why you can't do things like show off your Norn's chest.

I'd like if ArenaNet changed it, but for being a progressive game its also strangely conservative.

You can already hide helm, shoulders and gloves. With the invisible slippers you can hide bots as well, but they are very rare. For sylvari there is the light cultural t2 armor which is basically bare feet. The only part that can't be hidden are chest and pants and if you hide them there wouldn't be any armor left.