Removal of boons in wvw for a week?

eoz.1834

The removal of boons for for a week would only be a gimmick and a band aid for the underlying problem of "boon spam" Anet created with PoF. The game (all game modes) needs a thoroughly executed balance patch, which we most likely will never see.

@Fawx.9064 said:

@Fawx.9064 said:Way more power creep has come from conditions than from boons. Boons are the only way to keep conditions in check.

Bit of an odd statement since most people run Power builds in zergs/blobs.

Well, yeah. That’s because the state of boons currently keep the conditions in check.

Cleansing keeps condies in check. Not resistance. Especially scrappers since they not only cleanse condies, but convert them into boons.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Fawx.9064 said:Way more power creep has come from conditions than from boons. Boons are the only way to keep conditions in check.

Well, yeah. That’s because the state of boons currently keep the conditions in check.

Cleansing keeps condies in check. Not resistance. Especially scrappers since they not only cleanse condies, but convert them into boons.

Yeah, I guess. I'm thinking more about the immob, slow, cripple, etc that are being dealt with by a mixture of stab and resistance.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Which seems to be part of the problem right now. Too much boons and cleansing, it's boring.

Much as I hate how out of control boons are, and those boon balling guilds that requires an army of scourges to deal with, it's still needed for the high damage being thrown around. So who wants to run around a week without their protection, stability and resistance? It'll be pirate ship week.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Much as I hate how out of control boons are, and those boon balling guilds that requires an army of scourges to deal with, it's still needed for the high damage being thrown around. So who wants to run around a week without their protection, stability and resistance? It'll be pirate ship week.

To be fair it kinda already is. Boons were at their most potent during the early days of HoT, but at least groups engaged each other back then -- rather than staring at each other across a field waiting for the other group to make a move as they do now.

~ Kovu

@XenesisII.1540 said:Much as I hate how out of control boons are, and those boon balling guilds that requires an army of scourges to deal with, it's still needed for the high damage being thrown around. So who wants to run around a week without their protection, stability and resistance? It'll be pirate ship week.

Would make no difference to me. Thief main here tho.

If boons and conditions were scaled back to pre HoT levels for a week, I'd enjoy that. Would be more of a core only week than anything else tho.

Obviously it wouldn't make much difference to roamers other than like scrapper and soulbeast.

Only groups not willing to charge are the ones who know they don't have the comps to survive first hits, but those guilds running 25-30 members and boon balling it up, it's no problem for them. You're still going to need stability to operate in melee range, and you're still going to need protection and resistance to ease all the amped up damage since HoT.

I much preferred the days before hot when you actually had to used your defense skills, heals, condi clears, and boons at the right times, everything is just a spam fiesta these days.

the powercreep definitely will get tone down without 25 stacks of might and fury.there is already too much cleanses from scrapper, because of that condi will never to be that op.probably the fights gonna be cloud instead blanket aoe drop, but getting one shot will rarely happpen.

I'd rather have a week in which all boons no longer stack in duration. Only in intensity.

Skills across the board would be adjusted to have a bit more duration and add several stacks when needed. Since they all would stack, it would be easier to adjust since there would be stacks on top of duration for more wiggle room.

1 stack of Quickness? Just 2% extra action speed.1 stack of alacrity? Just 1% recharge speed.1 stack of fury? Just 1% ciritical chance.1 stack of protection? Just 1,33% damage reduction.1 stack of resistance? 4% less condition effectiveness.1 stack of retaliation? Not that much damage anymore, but hit something with 25 for some giggles.Aegis? Stacks only to 3. Let's not go crazy.

And so on.