Gank sqads

Sansar.1302

Times like these, there should be a counter team Hunting the gankers.

Imagine a party of 5 deadeyes getting the drop on that group : all mark the same target, they all shoot their rotation instantly, immediate kill. and the gank group starts with a handicap of one.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Naxos.2503 said:Times like these, there should be a counter team Hunting the gankers.

Imagine a party of 5 deadeyes getting the drop on that group : all mark the same target, they all shoot their rotation instantly, immediate kill. and the gank group starts with a handicap of one.

Unrelated, but before they gutted perma-stealth, I remember grouping up with 2 DE's on my server. They would travel stealthed while I was just out, seemingly by my lonesome. When an enemy roamer (or 2 or 3) saw me, standing alone on the road, they would assume an easy kill and just leeroy towards me. Those were memorable bags, to be sure.

@spectrito.8513 said:What i find funny is that people didnt enjoyed WvW because they were being ganked running back to tag.Little did they know that outside zergs ganking got much worse and much less populatedBut who cares ? what matters is the pip farm xD

Thanks to all the bandwagoning, and near-perma outnumbered buff, I can finish all my tickets on 3 or 4 accts each week. It's only Wed. and my 4th acct is up to plat 3 for tickets, the other 3 are done. I may actually make it to the never gets to do anything but daily log in reward acct this week.

Honestly the community that is left, reflects the state of the game. Duel spots are empty and my friendly requests, for some 1v1 fighty fighty, are ignored or if i'm lucky, i get insulted. When every patch caters to people, who have no interest in learning a spec, combat mechanics, or to challange themselves, this is what you get.

If you're solo roaming and get ganked by 3 people, find 5 friends and gank that group back.That's the Blackgate solution.

That being said, take it in stride. It should be less of an issue with mounts being a thing and in the end, what're you losing exactly for dying?

~ Kovu

That is generally how they work; no interest in a fair fight, and will jump you to kill. Ironically this happened 2 nights ago, we beat them repeatedly, even when they came back with 3x the numbers. The answer now was grab a turtle banner and kill them with that to prove a point. Thus it was done, we left that area of the map; can't justify beating them anymore if they are dying to a turtle banner.

With WvW populations declining, people have to take whatever kills they can get. Also, don't expect people to show any mercy and don't give it out yourself. I waited for a SoulBeast to finish killing camp mobs before engaging but then that same SoulBeast jumps me while I am fighting camp mobs ... Sucks but it happens.

It's also somewhat of a test for roamers for not to overextend and fall in their trap. They will run, trying to get you to follow and then have their friends gank you. It's a trap I've fallen a few times as well, trying to get that kill on a fleeing ganker.

Fortunately mounts have somewhat saved random people looking to join a bigger group or to defend an objective from these kinds of gank groups.

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:As someone wrote in another post, the meta has become stale.You either get 1 shot or mix of hits that you die within few secs or you get these groups with dps and healers.Balance as we know it is very poor.

I made a previous comment in this thread but from the other side of the fence, its not like my crusader/celestial DD Tempest can bring a mount down..I'd be the "healer" in your comment so I can say with confidence that I need those dps players around me.

Play permastealth Deadeye.

Gank low hp people and people busy fighting someone else.

When groups jump you simply stealth away and watch a group of people spam their aoe abilities.

Bait people into water and show them how Deadeye with Harpoon gun is the strongest underwater class.

@schloumou.3982 said:Honestly the community that is left, reflects the state of the game. Duel spots are empty and my friendly requests, for some 1v1 fighty fighty, are ignored or if i'm lucky, i get insulted. When every patch caters to people, who have no interest in learning a spec, combat mechanics, or to challange themselves, this is what you get.

Exactly this.

@Naxos.2503 said:Times like these, there should be a counter team Hunting the gankers.

Sounds like a gank group...