Gank sqads

Sansar.1302

@Traveller.7496 said:It's also somewhat of a test for roamers for not to overextend and fall in their trap. They will run, trying to get you to follow and then have their friends gank you. It's a trap I've fallen a few times as well, trying to get that kill on a fleeing ganker.

Fortunately mounts have somewhat saved random people looking to join a bigger group or to defend an objective from these kinds of gank groups.

Because you should be unpunnished as 3 people chasing a roamers OR someone who wants to fightOR unpunnished for Being to greedy and not learn from your mistakesOR be unpunnished getting into a tower and set jUp' defenses while enemy is hitting the same gateAll hail warclawBringer of unpunnishment!\0/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Farout.8207 said:

@"Naxos.2503" said:Times like these, there should be a counter team Hunting the gankers.

Imagine a party of 5 deadeyes getting the drop on that group : all mark the same target, they all shoot their rotation instantly, immediate kill. and the gank group starts with a handicap of one.

Sounds like a gank group...

Absolutely :tongue:

"Pay evil unto evil"

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Traveller.7496 said:It's also somewhat of a test for roamers for not to overextend and fall in their trap. They will run, trying to get you to follow and then have their friends gank you. It's a trap I've fallen a few times as well, trying to get that kill on a fleeing ganker.

Fortunately mounts have somewhat saved random people looking to join a bigger group or to defend an objective from these kinds of gank groups.

Because you should be unpunnished as 3 people chasing a roamers OR someone who wants to fightOR unpunnished for Being to greedy and not learn from your mistakesOR be unpunnished getting into a tower and set jUp' defenses while enemy is hitting the same gateAll hail warclawBringer of unpunnishment!\0/

To be honest, you won't escape an organised group on warclaws in their own territory. It's better to do what necros used to do when surrounded, go ham and just see how many you can take with you.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

To be honest, you won't escape an organised group on warclaws in their own territory. It's better to do what necros used to do when surrounded, go ham and just see how many you can take with you.

It depends on geography. If you're confident in your ability to pull them a significant distance across the map it's worth it to run for a while first, as you are going to wp either way but they will presumably have to run back . . .

Im with this but most of the time ive seen that i down 1or2, 3more come. Ok i finish them and fighting others 7more come. They have no pride. They will 1v10 you in like most remote spot in your border if you are sustaining 1v4 or 1v5.Btw i play reaper and usually its a bad matchup against everything in wvw rn and usually people i fight are like holo, core guard, warrior and slb with some support like fb or scrapper. They dont want you to fight outnumbered they want to overwhelm you so much that you cant even use your skill once. At these times i think if you want to farm bags without any response just do open world pve, the farm is much better there, why waste your time here.

Thats why roaming is dead only ganking is left.

On a side note, if they reduce hammer rev and a bit of sword rev damage so that it cant freecast a lot of damage when they outnumber you and the same with holo forge attacks, remove chaotic interruption bs and do something about warr cc chains, outnumbered fights will be a lot more doable than rn. I appreciate the sickem nerfs in latest patch and if they reduce freecasting skills damage the game will move in a better direction

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Im talking about you shouldnt get away with a warclaw that easy...

In the sake of getting fights

Not needing tot 1v5 all the time

@Mechanix.5620 said:Why do some ppl run map blobs when there are only a few roamers on the map from the other teams ? It is like they dont want any resistance at all :anguished:

It's less a matter of resistance, and more of speed. Those zergs are designed to take as many points as possible before rushing out to another map. Zerg on Zerg combat is not that frequent, because it's not as efficient as just stomping over small groups of players and taking positions one after the other. It's only efficient if you have a clear advantage, and you know you can destroy the other zerg (in which case, you get a Lot of rewards in bags).

@Naxos.2503 said:

@Mechanix.5620 said:Why do some ppl run map blobs when there are only a few roamers on the map from the other teams ? It is like they dont want any resistance at all :anguished:

It's less a matter of resistance, and more of speed. Those zergs are designed to take as many points as possible before rushing out to another map. Zerg on Zerg combat is not that frequent, because it's not as efficient as just stomping over small groups of players and taking positions one after the other. It's only efficient if you have a clear advantage, and you know you can destroy the other zerg (in which case, you get a Lot of rewards in bags).

Sry bro i think your sarcasm detector didnt activate :anguished:

@Sansar.1302 said:Why do some ppl run gank grps when there are only solo roamers on the map from the other teams ? It is like they dont want any resistance at all :(

Because being alone or being with randoms its the same thing, i only trust to play with my guild and some players I playb with them since 2012.Besides that since it’s 2-3 again groups of thief’s or some classes with 15k unblockable...not much can be done, that or fight a 30-50 pvd experts.

@Mechanix.5620 said:

Sry bro i think your sarcasm detector didnt activate :anguished:

Most likely, I should refrain from posting right after waking up. That said, I thought that was a valid question

The current gank squads running are pretty light on gank and most still struggle to deal with Warclaw. Most of the "good" ones are bunker squads that basically grind roamers at camps and such but basically aren't effective at anything useful from a game perspective. Most can be straight up ignored with virtually no impact on overall game play.

Contrast to the old days when a group of five could tie up a WP and cut off reinforcements sometimes for hours. With Warclaw a WP being contested is a minor inconvenience at best and few gank squads can reliably dismount unless a player tries to troll them with it.

Although "ganking" is a real thing, 99% of the time it's nothing but perspective.

You're by yourself and you get killed by 4 other players. You get killed by the same 4 players again shortly after and surmise that they're "gankers." Meanwhile, said players are probably more focused on socializing with each other either in game or via Disc/TS/etc. and aren't going out of their way to hunt down anyone specifically, nor are they out to only find solos. The most likely case is that they can't find fights other than zergs, or players refusing to engage unless they have a tower at their backs or have more friends with them. So they take what they can get even if all they can find is a solo. Most of their time will be spent having laughs and enjoying each others company. The rest will be a few seconds of excitement with who ever they cross and they'll likely think nothing of it/forget about it within a few minutes.

The problem with this is that the solo player often assumes the "gankers" are getting a huge morale boost from this feeling like kings of the world when in reality, they're often going to think more about their losses than their wins.Everyone's different so yes, there are those special individuals who get more pleasure from ganking than others, but typically, they think nothing of it. If anything most roamers will show mercy if they've killed the same player multiple times and either avoid chasing them or a few will stand down.

Ultimately, you're not special. You're over thinking it. You're getting the wrong impression.

WvW is about team play anyway. Doing anything solo is taking a risk. The point is to seek challenge, not to protect your ego from failure with the excuse of a handicap. Like going out without a weapon with the intent of killing others and instead blaming that absence of a weapon when you fail and the others for taking advantage of you.

Personal choice, when I see a group of players that are obviously roaming together, I'll usually give them a try once or twice. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Depending on how winnable I think the fight is, I may try multiple times even if I lose multiple times. I'm sure people think I'm an idiot when I do this, or that I'm mad or what ever else, but I do it because I'm looking for a challenge. But to me, challenge doesn't always mean success. It means testing myself to see what I can achieve.

A true gank squad had map strategic purpose: to prevent reinforcements from trickling back into the objective or zerg. It's much harder to gank now with mounts making it easier to get away.

If the group is spawn camping, they are usually looking for fights only and will fight with overwhelming numbers or even outnumbered, so not technically a gank squad. I tend to think such players are pvpers wanting easier prey or are tired of waiting for an sPvP queue.

If the group is defending an objective like your spawn camp, then they are PPTers and are killing you FOR SPARTA!