9 NA Servers Full

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WorldIt shows 9 NA servers full and 5 on very high.So did we get an influx of players? Like EU only has 1 server full. Did EU players migrate to NA?From what i see on our server TC, its been badly outnumbered for maybe past 2-3months.Mostly cos there is either a pve event on or a living story mount.What are your servers like?

The label "full" has not indicated high population for years now. Think of it as meaning "closed" rather than "jam packed with players." ANet closes worlds when it becomes difficult to find links for other worlds and maintain comparable numbers across "teams." Similarly "high" and "very high" are used to slow down transfers to worlds, because they are becoming relatively too big to find appropriately-sized links.

tl;dr nine full worlds does not mean there are more people playing than if there was only 1 full world; it means they are unevenly distributed.

I noticed that this week also. Including some servers that have been closed for about three months now. My assumption is this is an attempt to smooth out populations across the board by making it uncomfortable to stay on a server long term. I can only think of a handful of servers who have maintained any semblance of consistency over time.

ANet is simply doing their best to control players that aren't playing their game right.

It's not ANet's fault..players wanted World Linking.2016-10-29 - 17:16:03 UTCWorld Linking was a Pandora’s Genie Crack Bottle….that should never have been opened…imhoCopy & Paste Link - forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/NA-World-Linking-28-October/page/2#post6383415

Told you so...2016-06-11 - 18:09:27 UTCLong Term WvW Ecosystem will depend upon ANet’s ability to skillfully manipulate Population & Score.Copy & Paste Link - forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-6-June-World-Linking-Schedule-CLOSED/page/5

We're going down the wrong path for WvW...with these "Team-Creation" based band-aids that in-directly fixes the problem:

1) Server Linking2) Language Linking3) Alliance Linking

History is doomed to repeating itself when we ignorantly continue to repeat the same mistakes of the past...imho

It's more effective to directly replace the "Match-Up" model of Fixed 3-Way stuck in Tiers...which only needs 5 simple steps to change mechanics & allow WvW to be on a more sustainable path that instead encourages healthy competitive game-play in the long-term & lets players pick their own weekly Match-Ups.

I can't understand why folks like to use, suggest, and discuss things that in-directly tries to fix a problem.

It's way more efficient to directly fix a problem & be done with it.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WorldIt shows 9 NA servers full and 5 on very high.So did we get an influx of players? Like EU only has 1 server full. Did EU players migrate to NA?From what i see on our server TC, its been badly outnumbered for maybe past 2-3months.Mostly cos there is either a pve event on or a living story mount.What are your servers like?

it could be. i've been talking to some of my old eu buddies, some will probably go to na today. don't know w/c servers though.

Full is irrelevant when there are links you can cheaply transfer to.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Anet has been adjusting metrics up and down to gather data for their alliance system structuring. To which I say have at it. Population balance is already a dog's breakfast, and it's not like to get any worse from them moving sliders up and down.