Best ways to improve the game?

A cycling reward system to incentivize different maps at different times and help centralize players

A moderate overhaul to the attribute system to clean up options and the ways you can switch between them. i.e. grouping them, or making them collectibles.

A price reduction on mount skins. 2000 gems is outrageous when you have 8 different mounts. They basically ruined the profitability of PoF with that decision and probably drove a lot of people away from the gem market if not the game altogether.

Reformated and reintroduced LW1 that also helps to expand the framework for LW in a way that can benefit future seasons, such as different time periods for the same map, or dungeons-as-story instances

A unification of classic dungeons with the LW, with new non-FotM "dungeons" being released occasionally as story instances within the LW framework like they were in LW 1 (i.e. Molten Furnace, Aetherblade Retreat)

A companion system for the LW/story dungeons (not raids or fotm). I.e. the ability to properly view, upgrade, and adjust strategies for major NPCs that fight alongside you

A more exciting carrot for legendary gear, such as unique runes/sigils that aren't more powerful than ascended but have interesting and unique effects

New weapon types, at the very least a spear and one more caster-oriented one. Seriously, this is way overdue and would give a lot more bang-for-buck compared to new classes or new races

I like open world PvE, but the focus on it has been too heavy for too long. We now have a lot of competing metas, and the game would benefit more from more energy being put into other game modes for a while - instanced content, WvW and PvP.

@Einlanzer.1627 said:A cycling reward system to incentivize different maps at different times and help centralize playersThis exists. It cycles every 8 weeks. People were even once excited about Frostgorge Sound's map rewards because of Giant Eyes and Charged Lodestones.A moderate overhaul to the attribute system to clean up options and the ways you can switch between themLegendary gear is what you want. Though you may be referring about something else?A price reduction on mount skins. 2000 gems is outrageous when you have 8 different mounts. They basically ruined the profitability of PoF with that decision and probably drove a lot of people away from the gem market if not the game altogether.No comment about this. This really depends on the individual. If they think the price is fair, they would buy it.A better companion system for story instances only - I.e. the ability to properly view, upgrade, and adjust strategies for major NPCs that fight alongside youCould be cool, but in my opinion, story instances already easy enough that you could finish it with any build and class. Maybe if they implement this, they would also increase the difficulty of story instances. Challenging content! :open_mouth:Better carrots for legendary gear, such as unique runes/sigils that aren't more powerful than ascended but have interesting and unique effectsThey've said before that legendary runes and sigils are coming. No other info about those though, just that they're coming in the near future.Reformated and reintroduced LW1 that also helps to expand the technology for LW in a way that can benefit future seasons, such as different time periods for the same map, or dungeons-as-story instancesWelcome to the club, sir. There are a lot of people wanting LW1 again. Also, something like this is sort of already in-game. If you do your character's personal story, anything that takes place in Lion's Arch happens in the old map.New weapon types. Seriously, this is way overdue and would be a lot more bang-for-buck compared to new classes or new racesMaybe in the future? Though I would be bummed out if they don't add any additional new weapons' skins from old BL skin sets.

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

A price reduction on mount skins. 2000 gems is outrageous when you have 8 different mounts. They basically ruined the profitability of PoF with that decision and probably drove a lot of people away from the gem market if not the game altogether.

I agree that high-priced mount skins are not for everyone. However, the financial reports suggest that, rather than ruining the profitability of PoF, mount skins -- as the one big addition to the gem store -- contributed to an increase in quarterly revenue which (temporarily, anyway) countered the reduction in revenue post-HoT.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

I agree that high-priced mount skins are not for everyone. However, the financial reports suggest that, rather than ruining the profitability of PoF, mount skins -- as the one big addition to the gem store -- contributed to an increase in quarterly revenue which (temporarily, anyway) countered the reduction in revenue post-HoT.

This is what I suspected as well. When I see a skin that I like, I'm not averse to dropping 2000 gems (or getting that 1600 sale price). I'm not saying that I'm a great representative of the playerbase's consumer habits, but I'd be shocked if I was an outlier.

I like most of what you listed, OP, but adding greater NPC controllability in story instances seems like a total waste of resources/would do nothing for me. As for new players, if they can't finish story instances as they are now, there's little chance they'll do well at anything worth doing at level 80, so I don't see the enhanced companions doing anything for them, either. It'll just delay the inevitable ragequit, imo.

I'm curious as to what kind of new weapon types you think this game needs still. Because currently, GW2 has pretty much everything covered already. Anything we don't have is basically covered by the weapons we do have. The only "new" weapon I can see being added would be the Spear, to use as a regular weapon instead of just underwater. Like the GW1 Paragon style (a short range Javelin).

I think the better idea though would be to make more weapons available per profession, without tying them to an elite spec. Like Elementalist with a Longbow, or Mesmer with dual Pistols, or even Engineer with Maces. Spread the love, without requiring investing into elite specs all the time.

I think everyone has a dif idea of what they want to improve the game, but the basics would be. Less time in between content drops, do something about the state of wvw and pvp, i think an overhaul of pvp is in order, and alliances need to come to wvw. I think they would benefit from smaller maps with a smaller teams on both sides that you can queue for 20v20 in a capture the flag kind of wvw map. We have a map thats hardly used, that could be broken up into 3 battleground type maps. All with their own rewards.

Overhaul dungeons to give people incentive to run them, they could add in an ascended set that the pieces have a chance to drop from the bosses in the dungeons. Dungeons are the most wasted content in the game, and they are big. No one does them because they dont see a reason, well add in the right loot and people will come.

I do agree with the cost of skins its kind of ridic, a few years ago they tested the waters on 2000 gem price skins, and people flipped out. I mean we are talking 25 bucks for a skin here, that is a bit much. And before you say gold to gems not everyone spends a lot of time every day farming metas or becoming TP barons. The game is supposed to be fun to play, not a second job you slog through. I think they would sell more skins if they priced them lower, 1200/1500 would make them more bank than 2000 in the long run.

And really it would hurt them to add some mount and glider skins as drops off higher content to give more people incentive to do that content. Im not saying add the skyscale 2000 skin as a drop, but maybe a skin that looks different than the base mount. You would be surprised how many people would do content to get those skins. That adds interest in the game also, more people willing to play if the ingame rewards are there.

Weapon dyes, i know this has been beat to death but really looks seem to be everything in gw2. This is one area thats left out, i would even say you would make a ton of sales if you put something in the gem shop that allows you to dye weapons. A certificate of smithing or whatever.

@borgs.6103 said:

@Einlanzer.1627 said:A cycling reward system to incentivize different maps at different times and help centralize playersThis exists. It cycles every 8 weeks. People were even once excited about Frostgorge Sound's map rewards because of Giant Eyes and Charged Lodestones.A moderate overhaul to the attribute system to clean up options and the ways you can switch between themLegendary gear is what you want. Though you may be referring about something else?A price reduction on mount skins. 2000 gems is outrageous when you have 8 different mounts. They basically ruined the profitability of PoF with that decision and probably drove a lot of people away from the gem market if not the game altogether.No comment about this. This really depends on the individual. If they think the price is fair, they would buy it.A better companion system for
story instances only
- I.e. the ability to properly view, upgrade, and adjust strategies for major NPCs that fight alongside youCould be cool, but in my opinion, story instances already easy enough that you could finish it with any build and class. Maybe if they implement this, they would also increase the difficulty of story instances. Challenging content! :open_mouth:Better carrots for legendary gear, such as unique runes/sigils that aren't more powerful than ascended but have interesting and unique effectsThey've said before that legendary runes and sigils are coming. No other info about those though, just that they're coming in the near future.Reformated and reintroduced LW1 that also helps to expand the technology for LW in a way that can benefit future seasons, such as different time periods for the same map, or dungeons-as-story instancesWelcome to the club, sir. There are a lot of people wanting LW1 again. Also, something like this is sort of already in-game. If you do your character's personal story, anything that takes place in Lion's Arch happens in the old map.New weapon types. Seriously, this is way overdue and would be a lot more bang-for-buck compared to new classes or new racesMaybe in the future? Though I would be bummed out if they don't add any additional new weapons' skins from old BL skin sets.

I was actually unaware of those things existing/being announced, because they are both suggestions I made a while back. What's the current cycle?

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

@"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

This is what I suspected as well. When I see a skin that I like, I'm not averse to dropping 2000 gems (or getting that 1600 sale price). I'm not saying that I'm a great representative of the playerbase's consumer habits, but I'd be shocked if I was an outlier.

I like most of what you listed, OP, but adding greater NPC controllability in story instances seems like a total waste of resources/would do nothing for me. As for new players, if they can't finish story instances as they are now, there's little chance they'll do well at anything worth doing at level 80, so I don't see the enhanced companions doing anything for them, either. It'll just delay the inevitable ragequit, imo.

Well, one of my proposals that I didn't spell out well in this post it to unify classic-style dungeons under the LW framework.

This means the "LW" would include all story instances throughout time, which would also include all classic dungeon content, and, potentially new classic dungeon content introduced as part of the story through the LW as opposed to being a separate content delivery system. This would mean the companion system would be used for all instanced content that is not a Raid or FotM.