BUG: Rare Grapes Acquisition issues!

I can only assume this is a bug, because as far as i can tell the only way anyone has completed the collection is by using the Spearmarshal item to warp to the sanctuary on several alts and then fly to the guaranteed node because the Desert Vegetables basically do not spawn (2-3 across the entire Domain of Vabbi) and the Grapes droprate is so abysmal it must be a mistake.

@DaleYYC.8395 said:if you stack gathering and magic find buffs, you will get more off the vegetables. But yeah, alts help too.

There are still only 3 nodes PER MAP PER DAY. Which is inexcusable for a collection as basic as this, especially considering the difficulty of gathering the other items of the collection it is SEVERELY out of proportion.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It's a single, optional achievement.

On top of that, they seem to be guaranteed from vineyard grape node. Everyone gets five character slots so it'd take you two days to do.

Using Alts is obviously not intended behavior, shown by the other zones reasonably completed on one character in one sitting if you are smart/lucky enough.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Some achievements are easily done, some are tricky, some tedious, some are exciting, some are dull. Don't do them if you aren't having fun, whether you find fun in the doing, the achieving, the opening of the reward, and/or counting your AP.

I was having fun(running around the maps reasonably gathering what i needed on my lovely Griffon I very much enjoy flying) up until the goal was "Park a toon here for 10 days" aka Not actually playing to earn it, or "Speedrun Alts here" aka "Cheesing" the intended acquisition method.

@MidnightStar.3457 said:

[stuff]The achievement isn't bugged; you just don't seem to like how it's been setup. (I'm not a big fan of using RNG when there's a tiny number of opportunities either.) I'm sorry you find it frustrating. So pick your poison: park a toon, return to the grapes each day on the same toon, send your alts, or be patient and wait until it pops randomly. (I'm going with the last probably, because there's a ton of other stuff to do in the meantime.)

@MidnightStar.3457 said:

On top of that, they seem to be guaranteed from vineyard grape node. Everyone gets five character slots so it'd take you two days to do.

Someone doesn't understand balancing proportional time investment when completing a segmented task.

@"Ayrilana.1396" understands that it's an optional achievement that can be done in a variety of ways. I'm not sure how "balancing proportional time" is significant, except as an alternative way of saying saying, "I want to get my stuff over and done with faster".

@MidnightStar.3457 said:

Using Alts is obviously not intended behavior, shown by the other zones reasonably completed on one character in one sitting if you are smart/lucky enough.

Using Alts is obviously offered as an option to the impatient.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@MidnightStar.3457 said:

[stuff]The achievement isn't bugged; you just don't seem to like how it's been setup. (I'm not a big fan of using RNG when there's a tiny number of opportunities either.) I'm sorry you find it frustrating. So pick your poison: park a toon, return to the grapes each day on the same toon, send your alts, or be patient and wait until it pops randomly. (I'm going with the last probably, because there's a ton of other stuff to do in the meantime.)

@MidnightStar.3457 said:

Someone doesn't understand balancing proportional time investment when completing a segmented task.

@"Ayrilana.1396" understands that it's an optional achievement that can be done in a variety of ways. I'm not sure how "balancing proportional time" is significant, except as an alternative way of saying saying, "I want to get my stuff over and done with faster".

@MidnightStar.3457 said:

Using Alts is obviously offered as an option to the impatient.

My problem is based in that 1/6th of the achievement takes several times longer than the other 5 parts combined. My Bug report is based mainly on the number of nodes spawned and/or the drop rate on the grapes from Desert Vegetable Nodes.

@MidnightStar.3457 said:My problem is based in that 1/6th of the achievement takes several times longer than the other 5 parts combined. My Bug report is based mainly on the number of nodes spawned and/or the drop rate on the grapes from Desert Vegetable Nodes.

I accept that you don't like it. Dislike of 1/6 or 1/2 or even 100% of an achievement doesn't make it a bug. It could mean we should thank ANet that all six parts weren't equally frustrating.

@MidnightStar.3457 said:

Not all tasks have to be equal. The amount of time it takes harvest that node daily for 10 days is much less than it takes to complete the other collections for the other pieces. That one with the statues requires more effort. Adding the wait time in-between just distorts things. Never mind that you can speed things up by hopping on other characters but it seems that you dislike that and just want a ton of nodes on the map. That's what it seems like you want.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@MidnightStar.3457 said:

Not all tasks have to be equal. The amount of time it takes harvest that node daily for 10 days is much less than it takes to complete the other collections for the other pieces. That one with the statues requires more effort. Adding the wait time in-between just distorts things. Never mind that you can speed things up by hopping on other characters but it seems that you dislike that and just want a ton of nodes on the map. That's what it seems like you want.

I want a reasonable number of nodes. As it is there are less than 5 per spawn cycle.

@MidnightStar.3457 said:

@hiroscho.7230 said:Just do it 10 days in a row? (not like it gives anything supremely amazing)

When the other zones took only an hour or so to complete? that is ridiculous.Also, i wouldn't know how amazing the pants are yet, since ANET f-ing hides things from the account wardrobe.

Other zones taking less time doesn't mean anything. If map X takes a certain amount of time, map Y can take a completely different amount of time, it's not your right to decide that amount.

@MidnightStar.3457 said:I want a reasonable number of nodes. As it is there are less than 5 per spawn cycle.

No one questions what you want (and, as stated above, some even support that preference). We're just saying that's a preference, not a bug. (And it's clearly not the only example of ANet choosing to require multiple visits to the exact same spot.)

Archived