Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Frist Gen Legendary weapon receipt need to change


Recommended Posts

Hi Guys

I am not sure how many people still crafting first Gen Legendary weapon. i just finished my 5th one. but when i want to craft "The Bifrost" it seems not possible.

The hardest part is dungon token.. i had wait 3~4 days around 2hrs per day. no arah runner any more.

I believe is really rare to find a professional team to run arah. it use to be much easier back in the old days.

I suggest anet need to find other resource to replace dungon token.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:Hi Guys

I am not sure how many people still crafting first Gen Legendary weapon. i just finished my 5th one. but when i want to craft "The Bifrost" it seems not possible.

The hardest part is dungon token.. i had wait 3~4 days around 2hrs per day. no arah runner any more.

I believe is really rare to find a professional team to run arah. it use to be much easier back in the old days.

I suggest anet need to find other resource to replace dungon token.

Play WvW or PvP. Dungeon tokens just for being active if you select the right track.

Add in the chest of dungeoneering which will allow you tokens as well.

So no, Anet doesn’t meet to change them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:Hi Guys

I am not sure how many people still crafting first Gen Legendary weapon. i just finished my 5th one. but when i want to craft "The Bifrost" it seems not possible.

The hardest part is dungon token.. i had wait 3~4 days around 2hrs per day. no arah runner any more.

I believe is really rare to find a professional team to run arah. it use to be much easier back in the old days.

I suggest anet need to find other resource to replace dungon token.

Play WvW or PvP. Dungeon tokens just for being active if you select the right track.

Add in the chest of dungeoneering which will allow you tokens as well.

So no, Anet doesn’t meet to change them.

Thanks for your advise. i may give it a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:Hi Guys

I am not sure how many people still crafting first Gen Legendary weapon. i just finished my 5th one. but when i want to craft "The Bifrost" it seems not possible.

The hardest part is dungon token.. i had wait 3~4 days around 2hrs per day. no arah runner any more.

I believe is really rare to find a professional team to run arah. it use to be much easier back in the old days.

I suggest anet need to find other resource to replace dungon token.

Play WvW or PvP. Dungeon tokens just for being active if you select the right track.

Add in the chest of dungeoneering which will allow you tokens as well.

So no, Anet doesn’t meet to change them.

PvP tend to be much faster and more engaging, and feels much faster

WvW is a bit long and boring to constantly keep your participation @ T6, this really depends on your server; you could be escorting yaks for hoursgiven you've done GoB, you'll know what to expect

even on days where the Arah daily comes up I dont bother to run it; can be short if the group is experienced, but could be stuck in there for hours with people dont know the mechanic and dont know how to player their class properly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you posting your own groups on lfg, or waiting for groups to be advertised? Have you tried asking in the players helping players forum or whatever online community you prefer for people to join you? It usually is enough to have two people that know the path and don't mind explaining, and another three that listen to explanations and don't just run in head first ;) . I've even been through most of the paths (except p4, I don't know that one well enough myself ;) ) even with ultra-casual guildies where I was the only one who ever set foot into the dungeon before. It might take a bit for people to get comfortable with the boss fights, and it sure helps if you have one person that knows how to solo Lupi (and on p1+3 the orbs) in an emergency, but it's not mandatory.

In addition, you can run 8 different easy paths of other dungeons you are more comfortable with, and choose Arah tokens from the bag you get from the repeatable dungeon meta achievement. It's slower than just running Arah, but it does get you a good bit of loot, gold and tokens for future projects on the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Rasimir.6239 said:Are you posting your own groups on lfg, or waiting for groups to be advertised? Have you tried asking in the players helping players forum or whatever online community you prefer for people to join you? It usually is enough to have two people that know the path and don't mind explaining, and another three that listen to explanations and don't just run in head first ;) . I've even been through most of the paths (except p4, I don't know that one well enough myself ;) ) even with ultra-casual guildies where I was the only one who ever set foot into the dungeon before. It might take a bit for people to get comfortable with the boss fights, and it sure helps if you have one person that knows how to solo Lupi (and on p1+3 the orbs) in an emergency, but it's not mandatory.

In addition, you can run 8 different easy paths of other dungeons you are more comfortable with, and choose Arah tokens from the bag you get from the repeatable dungeon meta achievement. It's slower than just running Arah, but it does get you a good bit of loot, gold and tokens for future projects on the way.

i used to be a dungeon runner. no a fans of PVP and WvW.

i normally only wait for someone to post on lfg.. i wont start the post unless i well know the part. and i am able to start the dungeonFor my memory, arah i only ran P3. and lupi its always not easy. not sure if any change now these day. been away for 3yrs. my guild is corrupt.

if pvp and wvw is the only option to get token. i have no choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weren't you able to get dungeon tokens from Dragon Bash ? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Exchange_Voucher

You can also do Dungeon Frequenter for your choice of 150 tokens from any dungeon without doing that specific dungeon. This is useful for harder dungeons like Arah, or for dungeons that specifically require five people to complete (CoF P1, all of CoE).

Story dungeons count towards Dungeon Frequenter, too.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@Rasimir.6239 said:Are you posting your own groups on lfg, or waiting for groups to be advertised? Have you tried asking in the players helping players forum or whatever online community you prefer for people to join you? It usually is enough to have two people that know the path and don't mind explaining, and another three that listen to explanations and don't just run in head first ;) . I've even been through most of the paths (except p4, I don't know that one well enough myself ;) ) even with ultra-casual guildies where I was the only one who ever set foot into the dungeon before. It might take a bit for people to get comfortable with the boss fights, and it sure helps if you have one person that knows how to solo Lupi (and on p1+3 the orbs) in an emergency, but it's not mandatory.

In addition, you can run 8 different easy paths of other dungeons you are more comfortable with, and choose Arah tokens from the bag you get from the repeatable dungeon meta achievement. It's slower than just running Arah, but it does get you a good bit of loot, gold and tokens for future projects on the way.

i used to be a dungeon runner. no a fans of PVP and WvW.

i normally only wait for someone to post on lfg.. i wont start the post unless i well know the part. and i am able to start the dungeonFor my memory, arah i only ran P3. and lupi its always not easy. not sure if any change now these day. been away for 3yrs. my guild is corrupt.

if pvp and wvw is the only option to get token. i have no choice.

Lupi isn't even a challenge with modern DPS builds + real healers added in HoT/PoF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Weren't you able to get dungeon tokens from Dragon Bash ? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Exchange_Voucher

You can also do Dungeon Frequenter for your choice of 150 tokens from any dungeon without doing that specific dungeon. This is useful for harder dungeons like Arah, or for dungeons that specifically require five people to complete (CoF P1, all of CoE).

Story dungeons count towards Dungeon Frequenter, too.

@Rasimir.6239 said:Are you posting your own groups on lfg, or waiting for groups to be advertised? Have you tried asking in the players helping players forum or whatever online community you prefer for people to join you? It usually is enough to have two people that know the path and don't mind explaining, and another three that listen to explanations and don't just run in head first ;) . I've even been through most of the paths (except p4, I don't know that one well enough myself ;) ) even with ultra-casual guildies where I was the only one who ever set foot into the dungeon before. It might take a bit for people to get comfortable with the boss fights, and it sure helps if you have one person that knows how to solo Lupi (and on p1+3 the orbs) in an emergency, but it's not mandatory.

In addition, you can run 8 different easy paths of other dungeons you are more comfortable with, and choose Arah tokens from the bag you get from the repeatable dungeon meta achievement. It's slower than just running Arah, but it does get you a good bit of loot, gold and tokens for future projects on the way.

i used to be a dungeon runner. no a fans of PVP and WvW.

i normally only wait for someone to post on lfg.. i wont start the post unless i well know the part. and i am able to start the dungeonFor my memory, arah i only ran P3. and lupi its always not easy. not sure if any change now these day. been away for 3yrs. my guild is corrupt.

if pvp and wvw is the only option to get token. i have no choice.

Lupi isn't even a challenge with modern DPS builds + real healers added in HoT/PoF.

About the Dungeon Frequenter. how can i achieve. is it a daily mission? and is it repeatable. ( sorry been away the game for too long)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

About the Dungeon Frequenter. how can i achieve. is it a daily mission? and is it repeatable. ( sorry been away the game for too long)

It's under General -> Dungeons (I think). It's an infinite achievement. 5g and a token chest per 8 unique dungeon paths.

Also, don't be afraid to put up your own lfg. It's not that everyone else doing it really know the dungeons. ;) Best to indicate though whether you want super efficiency or laid back fun run to get alike players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently (about 1 week ago) fininshed my Dungeoneer achievement (getting all the armor and weapon skins from each of the original 8 dungeon paths) which I never bothered completing during vanilla.

In total I needed about 20,000 - 25,000 dungeon tokens from just about every dungeon (except for Citadel of Flame and Ascalon which I had completed ages ago).

Took me about 3 months of casual play of:

  • occasional dungeon runs when I felt like it (with sometimes over a week of not running any dungeon)
  • using Tyrian Exchange Vouchers (6-7 in total) and Chests of Dungeoneering
  • using WvW reward tracks when available for dungeons I was missing

So every time people on the forums are talking about dungeons being abandoned or them not having the ability to acquire materials for legendary items, I don't know what the kitten they are talking about.

As to the issue at hand, it was already pointed out:

  • Tyrian Exchange vouchers from the Dragon Ball event were available for 3 weeks now (that's 9 in total at 3 per week making this a bit expensive 2,700 tokens)
  • running 8 dungeon paths rewards a Chest of Dungeoneering for 150 selectable dungeon tokens
  • at 100 tokens per daily path, it takes about 5 paths per weapon. I've seen dungeon groups for EVERY dungeon daily multiple times. Worst case, make your own
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@Rasimir.6239 said:Are you posting your own groups on lfg, or waiting for groups to be advertised? Have you tried asking in the players helping players forum or whatever online community you prefer for people to join you? It usually is enough to have two people that know the path and don't mind explaining, and another three that listen to explanations and don't just run in head first ;) . I've even been through most of the paths (except p4, I don't know that one well enough myself ;) ) even with ultra-casual guildies where I was the only one who ever set foot into the dungeon before. It might take a bit for people to get comfortable with the boss fights, and it sure helps if you have one person that knows how to solo Lupi (and on p1+3 the orbs) in an emergency, but it's not mandatory.

In addition, you can run 8 different easy paths of other dungeons you are more comfortable with, and choose Arah tokens from the bag you get from the repeatable dungeon meta achievement. It's slower than just running Arah, but it does get you a good bit of loot, gold and tokens for future projects on the way.

i used to be a dungeon runner. no a fans of PVP and WvW.

i normally only wait for someone to post on lfg
.. i wont start the post unless i well know the part. and i am able to start the dungeonFor my memory, arah i only ran P3. and lupi its always not easy. not sure if any change now these day. been away for 3yrs. my guild is corrupt.

if pvp and wvw is the only option to get token. i have no choice.

One problem with finding groups for almost anything is that a lot of people take this approach. So there could be 10 people checking the LFG tool hoping for a group for Arah (or whatever else), all thinking they're the only one and no one else ever does it any more because no one has put up a group for them to join. I'm guilty of it myself sometimes.

It does make a big difference though - for exactly this reason - unless it's a very quiet time of day there almost certainly are other people looking and all it takes is one person going that extra step to create an advert.

It's been a couple of years since I made the Bifrost but nothing has changed with dungeons or dungeon tokens in that time. I wasted one evening waiting by the entrance for someone else to put an advert in LFG or in map chat for a group I could join and if I remember correctly only saw one which specifically wanted an experienced player using a profession I didn't have at 80, for a speed run - so not a group I could join. The next night I put my own advert up, specifying I didn't know the dungeon but wanted tokens and after about 20 minutes or so I got 3 people in the same situation as me (didn't know the dungeon but wanted tokens) and one who did know it very well and was willing to help us through it. I ended up doing 3 paths with the same group and got all the tokens I needed (I had some already) in one night. That last part (the same group doing multiple runs) was extremely lucky, but I've had similar experiences with getting groups together for other dungeons so I don't think it was that unusual that I was able to find people willing to join me because they wanted the same rewards I did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...