We gain nothing from playing wvw

Ryudnard.2587

@"Optimator.3589" said:I gain lulz from WvW. Isn't that why we play games in the first place?

I just googled it for you partner ?... "Why do people play video games?"

Source 1.) https://www.teachthought.com/learning/why-people-play-video-games/Source 2.) https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/3/17531622/why-do-we-play-games-survey-piwag

There's more, but I hope that tickles your fancy enough compadre.

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@"Optimator.3589" said:I gain lulz from WvW. Isn't that why we play games in the first place?

I just googled it for you partner ?... "Why do people play video games?"

Source 1.)
Source 2.)

There's more, but I hope that tickles your fancy enough compadre.

mmm. good food for thought

@googel.3278 said:guild wars 2 going to have a marry function, anet going to let out their roleplay! forget wvw, they cant fight and understand the game

I don’t RP but gw2 is weak on that I would not be admired if they do that.

But that ms one thing if they would had I would not care nor be against it.

Game lacks mechanics in several aspects, needs more than aoe spam.

I dunno, in addition to the fun and the chance to run different professions/builds than I do in PvE, I've found WvW to be very lucrative, mainly in non-gold related resources, such as transmutation charges, dyes, tomes of knowledge, grandmaster marks, weapon/armor skins and even gear.

Because of WvW I could start a new character, and have them at LV 80 with both elites unlocked and wearing a full set of exotic gear with any stat in the game, all without having to leave the bank at Divinity's Reach (minus a trip to OS to visit the Heroics Notary NPC).

That may be worth more or less from player to player, but it certainly isn't worth nothing :wink:

The reward for playing WvW is simple: you are forced to THINK and try and outwit your opponents both tactically and strategically. Getting on comms and coordinating with not just your team members but other squads across multiple maps towards a common goal. THAT is what I find rewarding. Not running in circles fighting glorified batch files in PvE. The gold and XP are secondary.