What a bad day for engineer...

Zzik.5873

First sorry for my bad english. Ok well I play this game for more than 5 years I main engi since the start. Welp today the balance patch was terrible... terrible my healer scrapper is nerf into oblivion, the trait rework are soooo bad it feel so weird how? Did they even play once a scrapper the new traut are just so underwhelming, all our "tool" are worst version of other class "core" skill scrapper is just dead to me (looking at you -300 vit and removal of rapid regen holy potato wtf) and Holo... welp at least its still fun to play... for now... but the damage is sub part and the toolbelt lock on cooldown is kind of overkill. Is it me or arenanet his doing awfull job at balancing in wich world did they need to destroy scrapper (its was a bit op right, nerf it not remove every single nice trait for garbage one) and why just did they buff guardian fucking guradian wtf... I give up on anet. Ill comme back in a month or 2 to look if they fix a little the pooor pitifull stade of engi its not even fun. Sorry I needed to rant a bit...

The holosmith change is definitely interesting.

Instead of making forge mode more costly to upkeep, they just made overheating worse. Oddly enough, that punishes the PvE build (which was definitely not over-performing) but does not really do much against the competitive game mode builds (which are definitely over-performing) where it is very easy to not overheat.

Oh well, I am sure they have their reasons.

It's more frustrating knowing that, instead of communicating with us, they will just ignore all feedback and stick their head in the sand. I am very curious what led them to make these changes.

I have not logged into to the game and patch it yet. Usually i am excited about new patches.

Instead of buffing or improving non-meta classes to create more meta builds in WvW, once again ANet chose to use their spin bottle decision making method on this patch and it landed on the " Senseless Nerf On All Classes And The Hell with Players' Feedback " slot.

So, here we are. Better luck on the next spin

I am not in the mood to play this game for now.

I am not an Engi player and I disliked what Scrapper had become pre-patch, but the changes made to it are hard to comprehend. -300 vitality really doesn't make sense to me for a bruiser spec. Less toughness for Berserker? Sure, it makes more sense as that spec is specifically designed to be focused more towards being a glass cannon, but I find the tradeoff contradictory to the entire point of Scrapper. On a thematic level, it would make more sense for Holo, although I don't have the profession experience to really say the impact that would have on the e-spec. Also for Scrapper, function gyro is not a worthy elite spec-defining mechanic. Compare that to Photon Forge mode or Celestial Avatar (whose balance discussion is for a whole 'nother thread), which give access to so much more.

Im not engi main here, but i feel you guys's pain after this patch....They're slowly crippling all elite spec to make it separate from core spec. If you ask why i'd say they just did that for "trade off" purpose. and more..they probably want each elite spec fit their "theme"---The theme of Anet's imagination.

Holo was already borderline useless in decent fractal groups. It will be kick worthy in raids now. It benches 30k at best and doesn't even offer utility with toolbelts while cooling down.I'm pretty sure they didn't even think of how the changes interact with pbm. It needed buffs and tweaks instead of nerfs. It constantly sacrifices 25% of its own health and gets scourge level dps in return. engi will fall in autokick category if this doesnt get hotfixed.

So I decided to do a hammer auto test with the new scrapper. It capped at 13.7k This is down from the previous 16k test. No food was used, though.

Other interesting thing to note is that the self-applied barrier caps at about 7k. From there, it holds eerily steady. The max DPS I could do was 20k after a few runs, so in theory a scrapper could generate an average of 3ki barrier per second, per target. Capping out at 9k for 3 targets. That is... incredibly high. To test how faceroll this class gets, I ran the daily Caudicus manor story mode with an underleveled theif as a partner. With some difficulty I could essentially face tank most of the thing in berserker gear.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found our newest n00b class. A scrapper engi, even in berserker gear, can be nigh immortal against anything that can't one shot it, but nonetheless does terrible damage no matter how many DPS skills are lopped onto that utility bar.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:So I decided to do a hammer auto test with the new scrapper. It capped at 13.7k This is down from the previous 16k test. No food was used, though.

Other interesting thing to note is that the self-applied barrier caps at about 7k. From there, it holds eerily steady. The max DPS I could do was 20k after a few runs, so in theory a scrapper could generate an average of 3ki barrier per second, per target. Capping out at 9k for 3 targets. That is... incredibly high. To test how faceroll this class gets, I ran the daily Caudicus manor story mode with an underleveled theif as a partner. With some difficulty I could essentially face tank most of the thing in berserker gear.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found our newest n00b class. A scrapper engi, even in berserker gear, can be nigh immortal against anything that can't one shot it, but nonetheless does terrible damage no matter how many DPS skills are lopped onto that utility bar.

I guess you are talking about Golem DPS with every buffs + banners + rev advantage.

This is 10k below an average DPS builds and not realistic ; Scrapper will still have no spot available on raid and fractals. It does not provide anything to the party.

Not sure about scrapper since its theme was never my cup of tea and I haven't played scrapper in months but Holo changes were incredibly bad, I was thinking they missed half the patch and we were getting some other things to make the whole implementation make sense but that's not the case.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:So I decided to do a hammer auto test with the new scrapper. It capped at 13.7k This is down from the previous 16k test. No food was used, though.

Then stop playing noob content and try the same thing on players who actually move...

@ParadoX.3124 said:

Other interesting thing to note is that the self-applied barrier caps at about 7k. From there, it holds eerily steady. The max DPS I could do was 20k after a few runs, so in theory a scrapper could generate an average of 3ki barrier per second, per target. Capping out at 9k for 3 targets. That is... incredibly high. To test how faceroll this class gets, I ran the daily Caudicus manor story mode with an underleveled theif as a partner. With
some
difficulty I could essentially face tank most of the thing in berserker gear.

I guess you are talking about Golem DPS with every buffs + banners + rev advantage.

This is 10k below an average DPS builds and not realistic ; Scrapper will still have no spot available on raid and fractals. It does not provide anything to the party.

I'm not trying to argue that you should take scrappers into raids. I'm doing science.