PvP Renegade build

Tom.8976

Yo guys been messing around with Renegade in PvP at platinum level (nothing impressive i know) just thought i'd share my thoughts and build info with you guys who are wondering how renegade can even be useful in PvP.

Here is my build - https://imgur.com/a/3IReO

Weapons:

• Mace/ Axe (Sigil of Absorbtion/ Sigil of Purging)
  • Staff (Sigil of Absorbtion/ Sigil of Cleansing)

Amulet:

• Deadshot

Rune:

• Rune of the Sunless

Spare you the traits because you can see them in the link (and my formatting is already bad as is lol).Also could probably swap some sigils out as Mayllx offere alot of condi resistance already but I like to be safe in this boon strip condi meta.

How i use this build:

Basically it's condi rev but without glint.I start a fight with mace/axe and in Malyxx get that condi rolling, swap to staff for defense/cc whenever the time calls for it, now this is where Kalla comes in and synergizes well with our sigils, the only skills i ever use on Kalla is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Darkrazor%27s_Daring and her heal skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Breakrazor%27s_Bastion the other's are pretty useless for their energy cost.

Now what's so good about kalla to take her over glint, well what spams condi's? Scourge. Where do scourge stand? On point. Kalla's heal pulses a buff that reduces all condi damage by 50% in a 600 range easily covers the point and what do scourge lack? Stability. Drop a Darkrazor Daring on the point and go ham with your mace and axe as they're constantly interrupted and their boons stripped did i forget to mention it's amazing in team fights 5 target 600 range pulsing daze for 6 full seconds if it doesn't get cc'ed or killed that is which happens very rarely in my experience but maybe i'm just lucky.

Spellbreaker? Just gotta be smart about how you use your corrupts on malyxx and your interrupts will remove his resistance too, so you are free to melt him.

Anyway i'm sure it's not perfect and i'm not saying it's better than normal condi rev or even power rev or anything like that i'm not an expert, this build just seems to work for me and i enjoy the utility and thought i'd share with all the people who like renegade but might be struggling to get it to work.

Let me know what you guys think, please try it out before you comment, love any feedback or criticisms you might have.

Cheers Guys.

P.S. Don't use shortbow it's too clunky and slow for PvP and has alot of pathing issues with it's skills from vantage points believe me i've tried.

I tried this build early on. its weakness is even with the condition damage reduction, you will still get creamed by both condition users and physical damage, since you have no defense without Staff up. and while thats up, you pretty much locked to melee range, meaning all your Renegade Legend skills are killed fast and waste of 50+ Energy.

WIth Renegade you are trading all your damage reduction for IDK what. It is just all out bad except when you not being focused in a group fight. but all they have to do if focus fire you and nothing you can do. I am dropping Soulcleve for teammates for Support, but even that cant keep team up, and it cost too much energy that I cant use other warband nor other weapon skills.

I haven't gotten around to messing with sPvP yet, but does rune of the mad king not give you a burst option with soulcleave? Even at 400 damage, that is still 16 hits doing 400 damage from soulcleave on top of the normal damage. If you build up to 60 energy, you should be able to drop darkrazor and soulcleave for the full duration of the birds.

One odd thing about darkrazor is that it also triggers soulcleave. So you would have a total of 22 hits plus auto.

@Zin.6170 said:I haven't gotten around to messing with sPvP yet, but does rune of the mad king not give you a burst option with soulcleave? Even at 400 damage, that is still 16 hits doing 400 damage from soulcleave on top of the normal damage. If you build up to 60 energy, you should be able to drop darkrazor and soulcleave for the full duration of the birds.

One odd thing about darkrazor is that it also triggers soulcleave. So you would have a total of 22 hits plus auto.

It dies really fast from AoE. thats the problem. Warband cost too much and they die very fast.If a Fire Brand can melt you in seconds, just imagine what it does to these weak Warband.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Zin.6170 said:I haven't gotten around to messing with sPvP yet, but does rune of the mad king not give you a burst option with soulcleave? Even at 400 damage, that is still 16 hits doing 400 damage from soulcleave on top of the normal damage. If you build up to 60 energy, you should be able to drop darkrazor and soulcleave for the full duration of the birds.

It dies really fast from AoE. thats the problem. Warband cost too much and they die very fast.If a Fire Brand can melt you in seconds, just imagine what it does to these weak Warband.

Yeah, that is a good point.

I was thinking in regards to dealing with scourges in his scenario. However, if he is killing them with the heal and darkrazor, that is easier to do.

@Tom.8976 said:Yo guys been messing around with Renegade in PvP at platinum level (nothing impressive i know) just thought i'd share my thoughts and build info with you guys who are wondering how renegade can even be useful in PvP.

Weapons:

Amulet:

• Deadshot

Rune:

• Rune of the Sunless

Spare you the traits because you can see them in the link (and my formatting is already bad as is lol).Also could probably swap some sigils out as Mayllx offere alot of condi resistance already but I like to be safe in this boon strip condi meta.

How i use this build:

Basically it's condi rev but without glint.I start a fight with mace/axe and in Malyxx get that condi rolling, swap to staff for defense/cc whenever the time calls for it, now this is where Kalla comes in and synergizes well with our sigils, the only skills i ever use on Kalla is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Darkrazor%27s_Daring and her heal skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Breakrazor%27s_Bastion the other's are pretty useless for their energy cost.

Now what's so good about kalla to take her over glint, well what spams condi's? Scourge. Where do scourge stand? On point. Kalla's heal pulses a buff that reduces all condi damage by 50% in a 600 range easily covers the point and what do scourge lack? Stability. Drop a Darkrazor Daring on the point and go ham with your mace and axe as they're constantly interrupted and their boons stripped did i forget to mention it's amazing in team fights 5 target 600 range pulsing daze for 6 full seconds if it doesn't get cc'ed or killed that is which happens very rarely in my experience but maybe i'm just lucky.

Spellbreaker? Just gotta be smart about how you use your corrupts on malyxx and your interrupts will remove his resistance too, so you are free to melt him.

Anyway i'm sure it's not perfect and i'm not saying it's better than normal condi rev or even power rev or anything like that i'm not an expert, this build just seems to work for me and i enjoy the utility and thought i'd share with all the people who like renegade but might be struggling to get it to work.

Let me know what you guys think, please try it out before you comment, love any feedback or criticisms you might have.

Cheers Guys.

P.S. Don't use shortbow it's too clunky and slow for PvP and has alot of pathing issues with it's skills from vantage points believe me i've tried.

I have come across something very similar to this while on my scourge (im a newer necro player), and i was in the Darkrazor's Daring, however my first encounter with this wasn't very fun for them once I properly timed my Plague Signet (stun breaker). One pulse i had stability from Trail of Anguish so I was able to get to a better position.

There was another encounter where he was a bit smarter and it was very close, however my boon corruption and plague signet was a bit too much for him.

I may obtain renegade and try a variant of this build. Thanks for it. Best fights ive had vs rev was vs this (from a scourge perspective)

@Tom.8976 said:Yo guys been messing around with Renegade in PvP at platinum level (nothing impressive i know) just thought i'd share my thoughts and build info with you guys who are wondering how renegade can even be useful in PvP.

Weapons:

Amulet:

• Deadshot

Rune:

• Rune of the Sunless

How i use this build:

Cheers Guys.

you are easy to cc . daredevil , deadeye will eat you alive same goes for mirage, chorno, spellbreaker. druid unkillable,

GL

@messiah.1908 said:

Here is my build -

Weapons:

Amulet:
  • Deadshot

Rune:
  • Rune of the Sunless

How i use this build:

Basically it's condi rev but without glint.I start a fight with mace/axe and in Malyxx get that condi rolling, swap to staff for defense/cc whenever the time calls for it, now this is where Kalla comes in and synergizes well with our sigils, the only skills i ever use on Kalla is
and her heal skill
the other's are pretty useless for their energy cost.

Now what's so good about kalla to take her over glint, well what spams condi's? Scourge. Where do scourge stand? On point. Kalla's heal pulses a buff that reduces all condi damage by 50% in a 600 range easily covers the point and what do scourge lack? Stability. Drop a
Darkrazor Daring
on the point and go ham with your mace and axe as they're constantly interrupted and their boons stripped did i forget to mention it's amazing in team fights
5 target 600 range pulsing daze
for 6 full seconds if it doesn't get cc'ed or killed that is which happens very rarely in my experience but maybe i'm just lucky.

Anyway i'm sure it's not perfect and i'm not saying it's better than normal condi rev or even power rev or anything like that i'm
not
an expert, this build just seems to work for me and i enjoy the utility and thought i'd share with all the people who like renegade but might be struggling to get it to work.

Cheers Guys.

P.S. Don't use shortbow
it's too clunky and slow for PvP and has alot of pathing issues with it's skills from vantage points believe me i've tried.

you are easy to cc . daredevil , deadeye will eat you alive same goes for mirage, chorno, spellbreaker. druid unkillable,

GL

That's why you have blocks and dodges and stunbreaks... did you even try the build?

@Tom.8976 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

Here is my build -

Weapons:

Amulet:
  • Deadshot

Rune:
  • Rune of the Sunless

How i use this build:

Basically it's condi rev but without glint.I start a fight with mace/axe and in Malyxx get that condi rolling, swap to staff for defense/cc whenever the time calls for it, now this is where Kalla comes in and synergizes well with our sigils, the only skills i ever use on Kalla is
and her heal skill

Now what's so good about kalla to take her over glint, well what spams condi's? Scourge. Where do scourge stand? On point. Kalla's heal pulses a buff that reduces all condi damage by 50% in a 600 range easily covers the point and what do scourge lack? Stability. Drop a
Darkrazor Daring
on the point and go ham with your mace and axe as they're constantly interrupted and their boons stripped did i forget to mention it's amazing in team fights
for 6 full seconds if it doesn't get cc'ed or killed that is which happens very rarely in my experience but maybe i'm just lucky.

Anyway i'm sure it's not perfect and i'm not saying it's better than normal condi rev or even power rev or anything like that i'm
not
an expert, this build just seems to work for me and i enjoy the utility and thought i'd share with all the people who like renegade but might be struggling to get it to work.

Cheers Guys.

P.S. Don't use shortbow
it's too clunky and slow for PvP and has alot of pathing issues with it's skills from vantage points believe me i've tried.

GL

That's why you have blocks and dodges and stunbreaks... did you even try the build?

Taking Ret instead of Invo in this build (and pretty much any sPvP build) is a pretty huge mistake, IMO. Only having one (very expensive to use) stun break is not enough, especially if you're trying to stay on the points during team fights as you say. I guess you're relying on stability, but without Herald's boons to blanket it with, that's a crazy gamble vs all the scourges, breakers, and boon removing sigils out there these days.

Also, why Heatpiercer? The only bleeds you're generating are from Razorclaw--which you said you don't even use? Doesn't seem worth it when you could be AoE protectioning or gaining the counter-cc proc for additional interrupts.

Not going to touch on Righteous Rebel because you seem hardsold on reducing condition dmg, which I find to be not an effective solution, but if ya like it, ya like it... (personally I would take Vindication because your build lacks any Might generation aside from f2).

Finally, you should try Wrought-Iron Will, it's probably the strongest pvp option there (which you can pair with the ret gm trait for some might generation) unless you really think the cripple is worth it beyond just trying to extra synergize your Darkrazor for a stronger one-trick...

Sigil of Absorption has a 3 second ICD too, so Darkrazor is actively only catching two boons if you're lucky and they keep spamming in the giant glowing field... But that's still a pretty neat trick with that sigil, especially cuz it prioritizes resistance.

@Tom.8976 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

Here is my build -

Weapons:

Amulet:
  • Deadshot

Rune:
  • Rune of the Sunless

How i use this build:

and her heal skill

Darkrazor Daring

not

Cheers Guys.

P.S. Don't use shortbow

GL

i try all builds out there. atm renegade is in a bad shape. if you not targeted you can do dmg but when good team see renegade they all target him and he dies like the wind.but in pve its working though :D

Archived