Griffon Speed

The basic ground speed of all mounts is different. From what I currently understand, Jackal has the highest base ground speed followed by Raptor. I'm not too sure after them two. In terms of highest potential speed/distance travelled in time Griffon has the most by far. However you need to gain some height to make use of that insane speed.

One Redditor has posted data from testing the land speeds. I've written a tl;dr for it and that contains links to both The Bandicoot's original research and follow up.

The short story is:

• Raptors are 50% faster than sustained swiftness player characters under sustained swiftness. Jackals are slightly faster.
  • Leaping raptors are nearly twice as fast as swift PCs, while leaping Jackals are a tick slower.
  • Skimmers over water are as fast as the non-leaping other two
  • Walking Griffon is 25% faster than a swift toon, while airborne it's a tad slower (relative to the ground) than the raptor/jackal.
  • Airborne Griffon, landed Skimmer, and Springer are roughly the same speed.
  • Fully maxed Griffon can reach (relative) ground speeds more than double that of any other mount. (Requires proper conditions and micromanagement to sustain this.)

Archived