WvW Tier Status? Looking to transfer

Syiic.3724

Hello there, i know that this post has been made dozens of times.

Im currently in NA (PST Timezone) and looking to transfer. My current server is going to fall into Tier 4. I enjoy following organized zerging.

Can someone let me know the status of Tier 1 / Tier 2?

I am planning to join kaineng since its joined with Blackgate. My concern about blackgate is that will there be too many commanders on the map? I like 50 man squads with one commander on comms. I dont mind queues as long as there is juicy fights.

My answer to people who suggest me to look for a good guild to join:"I get where you guys are coming from. However, if i stick to my current guild (which is great), we dont get many good fights due to lower tier. I feel that we are pveing more than pvping if u guys get what im saying. Capture...capture...capture...fight against small pug..rinse and repeat. I was expecting higher tiers to have more organized fights."

@Ni In.6578 said:Tiers don't matter.They haven't been important since ANet implemented one up|one down matchmaking. All that T1 means is that a team has outscored opponents a few weeks in a row. That might mean they were best, it might mean opponents tanked deliberately, or it might mean that some worlds participate more in PvE festivals etc.

Find a guild that plays your TZThis is the best advice if you're a joiner. Finding your sort of guild can be tricky tho, especially if you haven't been on the world or been matched up against them.

So alternatively, pick a linked world that isn't currently playing yours and see what things are like. Ask which guilds are recruiting. If you're lucky, you'll find a good fit. Alternatively, you might find a guild that your side goes up against that looks interesting and you can reach out to them.

@Syiic.3724 said:Hello there, i know that this post has been made dozens of times.

Im currently in NA (PST Timezone) and looking to transfer. My current server is going to fall into Tier 4. I enjoy following organized zerging.

Can someone let me know the status of Tier 1 / Tier 2?

I am planning to join kaineng since its joined with Blackgate. My concern about blackgate is that will there be too many commanders on the map? I like 50 man squads with one commander on comms. I dont mind queues as long as there is juicy fights.

stick it out with your server, for now because relinking is in august. if you want to transfer, do it after, so your gems are not wasted.

as for full squad fights, choose a commander who always has those and follow him or her. that way you are guaranteed to be able to join numbers.

I get where you guys are coming from. However, if i stick to my current guild (which is great), we dont get many good fights due to lower tier. I feel that we are pveing more than pvping if u guys get what im saying. Capture...capture...capture...fight against small pug..rinse and repeat. I was expecting higher tiers to have more organized fights.

@Syiic.3724 said:I get where you guys are coming from. However, if i stick to my current guild (which is great), we dont get many good fights due to lower tier. I feel that we are pveing more than pvping if u guys get what im saying. Capture...capture...capture...fight against small pug..rinse and repeat. I was expecting higher tiers to have more organized fights.

what time zone do you play? and how many are you? because you may be surprised t4 has a lot of blobs, except nsp

@Syiic.3724 said:I play NA pst. My guild was usually run with 35-40+ during wvw events. We are currently t3 going to t4

ah then ul have no problems. sf dh is blobby. 35 to 40 may be few. at my time which is sea to eu, we are roughly 20 to 35, and we meet that 50+ head on. if your server goes down your server will go up next match up but you will enjoy the fights. so wait a bit.

assuming sf dh goes up, cd is blobby too.

which server are you?

also some players transfer way too early and miss the big fights. hence ending in a bad community because relinking makes ppl server transfer a lot.

@Syiic.3724 said:we dont get many good fights due to lower tier. I feel that we are pveing more than pvping [...] Capture...capture...capture...fight against small pug..rinse and repeat.

@Syiic.3724 said:I play NA pst. My guild was usually run with 35-40+ during wvw events. We are currently t3 going to t4

Does not compute. If you have an organized guild that is PPT'ing with little resistance, you should be going UP to T2, not down to T4.....

Running 35-40 you are likely to run into more pve than pvp no matter what server you transfer to, unless you directly charge into strongest server's EB corner or Garrison all during your run. Most people don't seem to like that strategy but it works to summon enemy zergs to fight(which is what many claim to want).It's just difficult to find the right size battle you're hoping for, my guild runs about 5-9 on our three nights a week, and we're lucky to run into a group 1-2 off of our size, it's usually a lot of roamers or duos or it's 20-50 plus. There are NOT that many groups that run that size that defend against us, they are likely attacking our borderland just like we're attacking theirs maybe? Possible but I rarely ever see team chat call out anything like that.

I play during your timezone. Part of the problem is that a lot of players on your server don't want to be in higher tiers.
Reset, map que deep blob.You guys are than a ghost town until you defintely will lose the T3 match.Sometime on Tues/Wed, when it is mathmatically guaranteed that you will drop a tier, huge blob again.The couple players I know. and fight against regularly, keep saying the same thing. People are logging out until they know they will go back to T4. Than they start playing again. You win T4, rinse and repeat.

@"Syiic.3724" said:

My answer to people who suggest me to look for a good guild to join:"I get where you guys are coming from. However, if i stick to my current guild (which is great), we dont get many good fights due to lower tier. I feel that we are pveing more than pvping if u guys get what im saying. Capture...capture...capture...fight against small pug..rinse and repeat. I was expecting higher tiers to have more organized fights."

that suggests that your guild was trash and was doomed to fail anyways. just create your own guild and have a warchest to continually transfer and have delusions of grandeur. fight on #keyboardnavyseals #fighttier

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Syiic.3724 said:we dont get many good fights due to lower tier. I feel that we are pveing more than pvping [...] Capture...capture...capture...fight against small pug..rinse and repeat.

Does not compute. If you have an organized guild that is PPT'ing with little resistance, you should be going UP to T2, not down to T4.....

That's not how 24 hours works.

Personally I had a good laugh at

@Syiic.3724 said:

My concern about blackgate is that will there be too many commanders on the map? I like 50 man squads with one commander on comms.

I was expecting higher tiers to have more organized fights."

Once again, that's not how 24 hours worksXd

@LetoII.3782 said:

That's not how 24 hours works.

Well no, obv :wink: , but it's fair to extrapolate across coverage zones. I can speak from direct experience on this, as with the most recent re-link, my server dropped down to T4. For the two previous weeks it was a cake walk, even with a squad of 25-30, we had little opposition, across multiple time zones (I play during late OCX, mid day and sometimes prime NA). It's only this week, in T2, that we found stiff opposition, seeing periods where we are outnumbered, etc, but as of this morning I believe we are still top war score, so next week should be T1.

My point was, unless the OP only plays during specific blocks of time, which just happens to coincide with dead zones for the other 2 servers they are facing, it makes no sense to describe your server steamrolling the enemy, but then losing out on the warscore.

Of course I could be wrong, just an assumption on my part /shrug

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

My point was, unless the OP only plays during specific blocks of time, which just happens to coincide with dead zones for the other 2 servers they are facing, it makes no sense to describe your server steamrolling the enemy, but then losing out on the warscore

Most big raid guilds show up for a few hours, a few times a week, on one map.

That doesn't necessarily translate into residual players doing well at other times, and on other maps.

Example: someone rolls all of dbl then goes back to pve.. results on the map disappear within an hour, seems like success, really had almost no effect on the match.

+1 for the idea that hitting the strongest server's EB keeps will summon players. That's one of the reasons I contest keeps when solo if the matchup is slow.

The other thing to bear in mind is motivation. Most players when attacking will wipe once or twice then log, but they will throw themselves into a defence of a keep they think they can hold. So if you want an enemy that fights doggedly, get your guild core to zerg and attack their T3 stuff.

There is a pattern after re-link. Any server paired with BG gets flooded so if you want to roll over everything xfer to BGs linked server.

Then one sometimes two bottom tier servers becomes a destination for a few strong guilds. This results in some T3/T4 server becomes a juggernaut running over servers with half the population the first 2-3 weeks. Players that xfer to that new "winning" server destination will find they log in with guild blobs running tagless and they are mostly unwelcome. The "winning" server will eventually hit T1 where guilds duke it out until BG sends them back to T2.

Rinse and repeat almost every relink.