Machinima bannable?

Hello all, i was just curious, someone said that Machinima is bannable for content creators is this true? i looked at the ToS but didnt really see anything about it and have seen plenty of machinima already on youtube, but i wanted to double check before i really did anything :) thanks in advance for any responses.

@"Nokomis.5076" said:Maybe 6. Intellectual Property from the https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/ answers some questions

thank you i honestly read it but still dont quite understand it probably because its a bunch of big words !! LOL just kidding looks like they are saying anything you do cant be harmful to gw2's name and they have rights because its there game, is that correct?

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Here you go: (link below - Legal Documentation) https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-content-terms-of-use/

Good luck.

interesting so as long as you don't use anything really use anything about the story or creating onto the story it should be good, thats kind of a bummer and answers my question i had in a FB group of why it seems people have a deeper connection to the characters in WoW vs Gw2, thanks man means alot!

I know someone who had a week of ban because he made machinima in used GW2Hook and a shader that allowed to change the FOV of the game, I don't have the details but in short, he couldn't finish his machinima and doesn't want to do any more because of fear.

Then he absolutely wanted to take pictures without seeing the character and it is otherwise possible to do with it like many do, but here we will say that it is not banishable but it limits the possibilities.

After all, it also depends on what you do with the content and how you distribute it, whether you do it on platforms for a fee etc., because you are beyond the fan but you make income, and that's yet another problem.

Ps: he used a old version of GWHook with Zbuffer ou Z bumping, i dont remember the mane or this shader is not allowed no i think so

In general it is perfectly ok to use GW2 footage or other copyright protected material to produce new forms of presentating the artwork unless you make it profitable. Then you need to have permission.So machinima as a whole is not something that can get you into trouble.

Besides that, it is unlikely that you get banned for it. This is a case of IP and the dissadvantage was nog harmfull for the game, or the communty. So it is not something that could get you suspended straight away. They should contact you and inform you about the IP infringement and seek out a solution together with you. If you do not cooperate to find a solution together with them and keep on doing so, it changes things and makes it something you can get banned for.