Roaming duo

nemoz.5437

As half of a married gaming couple, you should be looking to compliment each other. Usually, that means one high dps and a pocket healer.. Though in this game you can also do well with 2 glass cannons if you're moving and targeting well enough as it's fairly easy to get out of combat for free heals.

scrapper is a good start for a duo, being slower and not too much mobility its up to your partner what they want, rev would be good as rev is a really strong player as long as someone is there to support them, but Ranger would be a strong pick too, same with condi mirrage, or even a DH i personally play DH because ive learned to play in a group and out of a group i think its the most balanced between Havoc/ solo roaming that ive found, not to mention you cast Longbow 5 at a group it really is going to set your team/ teammate up for a lot of success :)

My advice, something condi something power with a little support from one of the 2 thrown in there!

Literally any combo works if both players are good playing on classes they know how to play. But the general recommendation is match ranged with ranged and melee with melee. There's little point in a melee firebrand trying to support a longbow soulbeast because one of them will always be dead weight to the other in combat.

Anyway, one of the strongest duo combos I've seen is condi herald + pocket healer firebrand. Knockbacks and CC? Pff no need they tore through small groups while being completely unkillable. It was just bam 15-20 torment stacks with 5+ cover condis and dead within 2-3 seconds.

Though the patch may have changed stuff.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Literally any combo works if both players are good playing on classes they know how to play. But the general recommendation is match ranged with ranged and melee with melee. There's little point in a melee firebrand trying to support a longbow soulbeast because one of them will always be dead weight to the other in combat.

Anyway, one of the strongest duo combos I've seen is condi herald + pocket healer firebrand. Knockbacks and CC? Pff no need they tore through small groups while being completely unkillable. It was just bam 15-20 torment stacks with 5+ cover condis and dead within 2-3 seconds.

Yes, but if you match a ranged ranger and a melee warrior you basically give the ranged class some breathing room while melee one tanks the enemy. Fb in your example can still keep soulbeast alive because its melee pressure is irrelevant anyway.

So basically you can run whichever 2 classes you want.

@steki.1478 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Literally any combo works if both players are good playing on classes they know how to play. But the general recommendation is match ranged with ranged and melee with melee. There's little point in a melee firebrand trying to support a longbow soulbeast because one of them will always be dead weight to the other in combat.

Anyway, one of the strongest duo combos I've seen is condi herald + pocket healer firebrand. Knockbacks and CC? Pff no need they
tore
through small groups while being completely unkillable. It was just
bam
15-20 torment stacks with 5+ cover condis and dead within 2-3 seconds.

Yes, but if you match a ranged ranger and a melee warrior you basically give the ranged class some breathing room while melee one tanks the enemy. Fb in your example can still keep soulbeast alive because its melee pressure is irrelevant anyway.

So basically you can run whichever 2 classes you want.This assumes the enemy is stupid enough to take the melee bait.

Depends on your playstyle.

• Dual condi bomb necros explode virtually everything near them and frequently kill 5+ players in under 30s. However they can get overwhelmed.
  • Power/Condi Necro with Bunker Scrapper is a solid pair but are kited easily.
  • Bunker Scrapper paired with meta Rev is near unbeatable outside of a lot more numbers.
  • Tempest/Weaver paired with blow up Guardian variants when played well just destroy everything and feel near invulnerable.
  • Two Dead Eyes can effectively snipe most players and have tons of escape. Focus around Binding Shadow
  • Dual Condi Mirage builds looking exactly the same is the most annoying roamer duo in the game

Basically two players on comms call targeting will wreck 99% of the players in the game. The "trick" is to find what your combined playstyle and center around that.

@LetoII.3782 said:As half of a married gaming couple, you should be looking to compliment each other. Usually, that means one high dps and a pocket healer.. Though in this game you can also do well with 2 glass cannons if you're moving and targeting well enough as it's fairly easy to get out of combat for free heals.

Having good synergy also helps immensely. Your preferred classes/builds may not compliment each other perfectly, but if you're both familiar/get familiar with each others habits and limitations, you can cover a lot of holes in your classes.

A friend and I often roam together as Reaper ( or Necro ) and Revenant ( or Herald, sometimes Renegade ) and we do quite well. We've won many heavily outnumbered fights, as many as 2 v 10, and much of the time we don't communicate at all during a fight. We trust each others judgement, know each others limits so we can peel for each other and often begin focusing the same target without a target being called.

My suggestion for the OP is to play what ever you're both comfortable with and to first practice against each other in the PvP lobby or in a Guild Hall. Get to know how both of you play, then do the same while roaming together in WvW. It's important to know what you're both capable of and what good or bad habits you have. If your enemy knows you better than your partner does there's a much greater chance of losing.

Not married but playing as a duo for a few years now.We just build two 1v1 duellers. There is No real synnergy in gw2. some players mistake boonremoval and instarez for synnergy. In your case Its pointless. Having said that, having a FB in your party is not synergetic either, you just brought along a save and reload button to compensate for your own inadequacy. Mobility and chase potential is all that matters in wvw. Standing on circle and facetanking is sPvP. Most wvw roaming builds have potential to instantly delete you IF they have the slightest Idea where the opening is. And if you are not mobile they will just pin you down untill +x arrives, depending on How populated your server is.

My personal recommendation is just play what you enjoy and learn to work with each other. I would rather a subpar duo with classes we enjoy over a comp that is more effective but less enjoyable to run. Don't worry about it too much. Regardless, you will always find fights you will be able to win.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:My personal recommendation is just play what you enjoy and learn to work with each other. I would rather a subpar duo with classes we enjoy over a comp that is more effective but less enjoyable to run. Don't worry about it too much. Regardless, you will always find fights you will be able to win.

What this guy/gal said. Every professiom can be tinkered for duo roaming. True, there are excellent combinations but what you love to play is where you will play best.

My wife hates wvw only does pve :)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:married, but wife prefers diablo 3. hehe

Silly of you two not to find a game you can compromise on.So many couples have to struggle to find a mutual hobby..

oh i play d3. =)

:)

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:married, but wife prefers diablo 3. hehe

Silly of you two not to find a game you can compromise on.So many couples have to struggle to find a mutual hobby..

I’m just not up for playing Tetris.

Wait until she's 42, then trade her in for 2x21's with more diverse tastes

Lots of good comments already; let me add my less-than-good one.

If you are a long ranged/melee combination, be sure that each of you build for individual boons and cleanses, because you will be too far away from each other to share any.

If you are both melee, you can use party support builds as long as you are near each other all the time.

If you are both ranged, just know that one of you will probably abandon the other when one gets caught.

For me, the most terrifying duos I've seen are thief/thief, Mesmer/Mesmer, and more recently, holosmith/soulbeast.