Roaming duo

nemoz.5437

Scourge and a support FB, their synergy is a bit OP. Both solo however, not the best....at all. But on a comped duo in coms who know what they are doing can take on much greater numbers of pugs.

With that said, playing a more support/defense role is not always fun for roamers, you have to decide what the goals are, do you want to have the best chances to win every fight? Or do you want to both fight and get kills but play with a higher risk of loss? The mental change between the two is pretty big, so is play style and positioning.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:double celestial firebrand.

Cannot kill any solid solo player. Better to run dual Holos with a lot more control and the ability to stealth each other.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Scourge and a support FB, their synergy is a bit OP. Both solo however, not the best....at all. But on a comped duo in coms who know what they are doing can take on much greater numbers of pugs.

This combo no doubt scales tremendously well but in small scale I find the combo gets kited by other roamers far too easily. Basically any traditional roamer will find this a brick wall to fight against but little fear of actually losing to the duo since the combo lacks control and has very few gap closers.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:unless the solo player has tons of kites, sure they can.

How many decent roamers are going to get caught by a firebrands and/or a necro? These are the slowest classes in the game and they lack general control so no long stuns/knockdowns to manage opponents. In mid and large scale Firebrands and Necros are the foundation of a great team. In small scale they are at best good at holding a node. They cannot even take a camp if they are fighting a solid roamer, strong bunker, etc. I can hold a camp indefinitely against this pair on my thief, soul beast, scrapper while I wait for reinforcements and once I get a few more bodies this team will get ground down. Sure this team is going to have a very strong defense against 1-3 players as this is a brick wall but roaming generally is about flipping objectives, killing other roamers, scouting, escape none of which this duo excels at.

@Straegen.2938 said:snips

escape is poor (if no targetable creatures) which would limit it a lot, but between the two there is plenty of every thing. they can stick to the target decently with sword, gs, and judges intervention/ merciful intervention, cc from pulls, etc. aside from teef I doubt any class could hold out for long, assuming the duo played off of each other well.

anyway lol most any sort of duo is fine for most encounters, its more on the players themselves to use what they got.