Weaver duel attack hitbox, sword, and viability.

mysticsicness.7598

Why does every other melee weapon in the game have this wide swooping brainless attack radius, but Weaver have to be right on top of their target to land 99% of their attacks? This would make sense if the sword had some insane damage output, but it does not, at all. Did the designers for weaver sword attacks take latency into account? Is the sword supposed to be a pve weapon (spoiler alert: it isn't)?

Give the Weaver, A MAGIC BASED PROFESSION, a sword and expect them to stand right on top of their target to do damage, and with unforgiving hit detection. FAIL.

Tempest was literally forced all of HOT into a support role. Now we are forced into a swap professions role.

@Daharahj.1325 said:I wholeheartedly agree, I keep swinging my sword like a crazy person and not actually hitting anyone. Dual attacks are especially problematic.

Gale Strike (Air/Earth Sword) is the worst one in my opinion because of the long wind-up with a very narrow hit box.

Sadly, playing with Weaver has been one or more disappointments per day and I was really hyped for this spec (got all legendaries for it just in time for the expansion). Each skill I try, each stance I try is just riddled with huge flaws (Water Stance being my latest disappointment - and, really, I wasn't expecting much of this other than being a Signet of Restoration v0.5, just to realize it is actually a pre-alpha version).

It has terrible damage with sword, terrible range, awful and uninspired traits and mostly worthless stances. All of this without offering anything new to the class - but rather just the same old rehashed formula.

At this point I am thinking it might be just better letting it rest and go play some other elite specs, a lot of them seem really interesting and bring new stuff to classes.

Maybe come back to elementalist at Expansion 3 or something, who knows.

@Azel.4786 said:It has terrible damage with sword, terrible range, awful and uninspired traits and mostly worthless stances. All of this without offering anything new to the class - but rather just the same old rehashed formula.

You hit the nail on the head, all this talk about Weaver being "complex" and offering an unique playstyle was pure nonsense, dual attacks are super generic (Okay let's see this one comes from mixing fire and water, so this ability will do fire damage and chill, genious!) and don't really offer anything new or situational, you're just using it because everything else is on cooldown.

I hate to be a downer but I had so many great expectations for this spec.

Archived