My Scourge prevention heal build

This is my build and it is better than the META IMP as it prevents more damage and not just heal the damage taken while still healing like mad and allows for some damage. This is not 100% optimized as i do not have any healing essences and i have to work toward those but

@Stajan.4581 said:This is my build and it is better than the META IMP as it prevents more damage and not just heal the damage taken while still healing like mad and allows for some damage. This is not 100% optimized as i do not have any healing essences and i have to work toward those but

Alright so somehow you made one of the most useless raid healers even worse. You just took its utility away like epidemic and added over 2k toughness to that build which is useless stat and makes you tank all the bosses with tank mechanic.

Transfusion is too strong a trait to not use.Running high nomad instead of magi -> literally no reason for that. You can bring some nomad gear pieces for when your pug cant find a tank, but as a base build its very bad.The flockrune heal with your setup is barely above 1.5k healing every roughly 20 seconds. Thats 75 healing per second. Thats laughable.Sigil of renewal is not even 1k healing every 9 seconds (provided you swap weapon on cooldown), so thats at least around 100 healing per second - more than your flock rune.Well of power stability only works on yourself btw.

Sorry, while I always try to encourage players to theorycraft, your motivation of high toughness to soak up dmg so to not have to watch for mechanics is just completely the wrong starting point. Rule of thumb for making builds for endcontent PvE in gw2 is: as little toughness as you can get away with. Always.

The healing scourge build on SC website is not very optimized, but the one mightyteapot has on his yt channel is pretty much the best build there is. In a more experienced static you can run a marshal/apo variant with epidemic on bosses like MO or Sab, provided you have 2+ other condi classes in your squad to provide enough conditions. But thats pretty much it.

That build caused Kitty to "wtf?" more than healthy amounts.

1. Random condi and expertise infusions on Nomad's heal build?
  2. Dagger instead of staff on supposed super-heal build.
  3. Well of Blood instead of Sand Flare on damage prevention build.
  4. Nomad's build to begin with (unless you're indeed like Kitty and feel like tanking every boss)
  5. Well of Suffering on heal build.
  6. Well of Power on a build with 0 boon duration and clearly not even trying to boon.
  7. Vampiric Rituals instead of Transfusion on heal build? You prolly use it to get protection but if the other healer is Tempest, Druid or Herald, they bring 10-target protection anyway. And Transfusion's ability to pull ppls out of danger zone is the main perk it's used for (on top of being pretty much heal scourge's main AoE heal).
  8. Desert Empowerment instead of Herald of Sorrow.
  9. Saffron Mango Ice Cream instead of Rice?

If you want to heal and barrier to the max, do something like http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQJAWWnE9Cd2gV9Cm2As3gluBTvneUTqUfgRQFY6BMACAA-jxRPABC/EAAY/B+VCOpyvl0Fc5lAAN1fIFgfzsA-eOr if you want maximal health pool, something like this also works. It also has a nice bonus of 50% effective Epidemic. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQJAWWnE9Cd3gt1Am2As3gluBT/neUTqTPgBQAg6DMCqAA-jxRPAB1rEUM1fs8SAguyPhfCAGpLAg9HIFAyysA-e

I have run this build over and over and over again in T4 fractals i have kept others alive longer by preventing the damage being done by barrier and protection, the wells supply that and they are the main damage part of this build doing AOE damage, I said that the infusions were not optimal and i know that i need to get healing infusions. The dagger gives a higher life build than the staff, plus the staff only has one support skill for REGen. Desert Empowerment give barrier every time i pop a shade so you can drop into shade over and over and over again as long as you have the life force. which in itself stacks barrier. Transfusion is great if your players are going to be downed well with this build they are not downed at all unless they do something stupid than it is on them. Saffron for more healing more toughness you are the tank and the healer all in one stay close and you stay alive run away and it is your own ass. The flock runes can be changed out they are just what i like to run. Nomads is for healing and tanking there is no other option. Mins gear is a good substitute and will add more to the protection which i will look into. There is a reason to running nomads and it is simple i wanted the tankiest healing scourge i could build this is it as of right now. On that note it will out perform the META healing scourge as i prevent more damage and give more barrier that it.

@Stajan.4581 said:I have run this build over and over and over again in T4 fractals i have kept others alive longer by preventing the damage being done by barrier and protection, the wells supply that and they are the main damage part of this build doing AOE damage, I said that the infusions were not optimal and i know that i need to get healing infusions. The dagger gives a higher life build than the staff, plus the staff only has one support skill for REGen. Desert Empowerment give barrier every time i pop a shade so you can drop into shade over and over and over again as long as you have the life force. which in itself stacks barrier. Transfusion is great if your players are going to be downed well with this build they are not downed at all unless they do something stupid than it is on them. Saffron for more healing more toughness you are the tank and the healer all in one stay close and you stay alive run away and it is your own kitten. The flock runes can be changed out they are just what i like to run. Nomads is for healing and tanking there is no other option. Mins gear is a good substitute and will add more to the protection which i will look into. There is a reason to running nomads and it is simple i wanted the tankiest healing scourge i could build this is it as of right now. On that note it will out perform the META healing scourge as i prevent more damage and give more barrier that it.

The concept of tanking doesnt exist in fractals outside of a few bosses with random fixation. If you need toughness to survive anywhere in pve including in t4s you're doing it wrong. The one posted on snowcrows has dps in mind. If you want to compare an actual heal scourge reference teapots build over snowcrows. Transfusion alone will out heal anything this build tries to do. If you want real damage prevention in fractals use cpc and well of darkness as that gives complete party immunity to all damage from trash mobs for the duration of the skills. And in case you didnt know transfusion also heals allies that are alive. Magis will give you better barrier output and shamans will give you better damage. Toughness is the most worthless stat in the game and you've invested in it the most. I'd take a bearbow over this.

@Stajan.4581 said:I have run this build over and over and over again in T4 fractals i have kept others alive longer by preventing the damage being done by barrier and protection, the wells supply that and they are the main damage part of this build doing AOE damage, I said that the infusions were not optimal and i know that i need to get healing infusions. The dagger gives a higher life build than the staff, plus the staff only has one support skill for REGen. Desert Empowerment give barrier every time i pop a shade so you can drop into shade over and over and over again as long as you have the life force. which in itself stacks barrier. Transfusion is great if your players are going to be downed well with this build they are not downed at all unless they do something stupid than it is on them. Saffron for more healing more toughness you are the tank and the healer all in one stay close and you stay alive run away and it is your own kitten. The flock runes can be changed out they are just what i like to run. Nomads is for healing and tanking there is no other option. Mins gear is a good substitute and will add more to the protection which i will look into. There is a reason to running nomads and it is simple i wanted the tankiest healing scourge i could build this is it as of right now. On that note it will out perform the META healing scourge as i prevent more damage and give more barrier that it.

This is your problem: you are assuming fractal T4 are even remotely a benchmark for a good build (which would be fine, but you kind of decided to brag about a build which is sort of really bad).

Here is my reply to that: they are not.

Also if you've been keeping people alive in T4 fractals with a healing scrouge, I immediately know what type of quality player we are talking about (yes, I too occasionally get out my heal scourge to carry bad PUGs). Sorry, but your build is bad and it's not even remotely useful for raids or even close to the traditional heal scourge build.

Also fractals do not require tanking. That is fractal basics 101.

Ok so for one looking at Thief with transfusion, with them running zerker gear and scholer runes they get a wooping 2889 healing with the 9 pulses o boy so much healing there and that comes every 12 3/4 seconds. That is so much healing so much......While my build preventing 33% damage on a calculation of 1000 damage. Prevents 330 damage per 1000 over a period of 15 seconds total, i provide max barrier to them with almost every application of it, and heal for over 12K with well of blood. Everyone that has commented on this are just lemmings, you follow the META because you think META is the best well META is not the best because there is no best build just best at and best for. In my game play i like being the tank i like being able to take the heavy hits ans stay alive while all you zerker viper fools are dead. In the long run my DOT is hire than yours. So again since i prevent more damage can take more damage can heal just as much damage if not more, and in the long run do mare damage my build is over all better. Yes Minstrels gear is a viable and i very well may go that way. However my T4 runs are fine with me tanking and healing and in a raid being able to do both of these jobs will open up the option for something else to come into the team. But since i do not run raids because i do not think i am an Elitest i do not care what ppl that raid say. Because until you have tried the build in a raid you will not know now will you.

And yes raids are marked as exactly what i said they are ppl that think they are elite, because you have to run the exact build that they want or you can not go and they is total BS. Which is why ANet needs to make more solo content, with either henchmen and heroes or just pure solo content to get legendary armour.

Anet also needs to remove all time gates for legendary trinkets as time gating is not a good way to say hey good job staying with it to get the trinket, it is just a way to make players mad.

@"Stajan.4581" said:i like being the tank i like being able to take the heavy hits ans stay alive while all you zerker viper fools are dead.

1. Problem is there is no tanking mechanic in fractals. Everybody can be targeted and that is totally random on almost every encounter in fractals. So, after your logic everyone should run a similar build like you to be able to tank. Well, put such a group together and you'll see how long it takes to succeed. You'll manage it but more than twice as long as groups with damage dealers even if they are not meta classes.

2. Usually a "zerker viper fool" (whatever that is, I can only imagine what you want to say) isn't dead either if he knows the mechanics and can react & avoid it while you just facetank every single one of it. Now think again: Who is the better player objectively? Maybe that isn't your goal but for most players in T4 it is. They want to succeed in at least a decent manner and not be a burden for the team like you are with this specific build you posted.

In the long run my DOT is hire than yours.

In the long run the other 4 players will leave, kick you or ask for your build and not in a friendly manner. If you find like-minded people it's fine, see above. You all gut yourselves than but as long as you have fun playing together everything is fine but don't join groups that are looking for a stricter setup. There's a reason why they do that and no it has nothing to do with elitism.

So again since i prevent more damage can take more damage can heal just as much damage if not more, and in the long run do mare damage my build is over all better.

No, it's not and it was told to you several times with numbers from people that have a better understanding of the game than you have right now.

But since i do not run raids because i do not think i am an Elitest i do not care what ppl that raid say. Because until you have tried the build in a raid you will not know now will you.

People have been theorycrafting and trying more builds you can imagine and the best builds - even healer and tank builds - were published and free to use for everyone. It's always good to try out new tings and something different but in your case there are way better alternatives even if you just want to tank, support, playing hybrid or full dps.

And yes raids are marked as exactly what i said they are ppl that think they are elite, because you have to run the exact build that they want or you can not go and they is total BS. Which is why ANet needs to make more solo content, with either henchmen and heroes or just pure solo content to get legendary armour.

Raids are for people who want to face a challenge. If you can beat raids with 10 players like you with "random" builds the challenge no longer is a challenge. So, you are not a player of the target audience for this kind of content but hey that's ok, you have a playground with fractals so where's the problem.

@"Stajan.4581" said:Ok so for one looking at Thief with transfusion, with them running zerker gear and scholer runes they get a wooping 2889 healing with the 9 pulses o boy so much healing there and that comes every 12 3/4 seconds. That is so much healing so much......While my build preventing 33% damage on a calculation of 1000 damage. Prevents 330 damage per 1000 over a period of 15 seconds total, i provide max barrier to them with almost every application of it, and heal for over 12K with well of blood. Everyone that has commented on this are just lemmings, you follow the META because you think META is the best well META is not the best because there is no best build just best at and best for. In my game play i like being the tank i like being able to take the heavy hits ans stay alive while all you zerker viper fools are dead. In the long run my DOT is hire than yours. So again since i prevent more damage can take more damage can heal just as much damage if not more, and in the long run do mare damage my build is over all better. Yes Minstrels gear is a viable and i very well may go that way. However my T4 runs are fine with me tanking and healing and in a raid being able to do both of these jobs will open up the option for something else to come into the team. But since i do not run raids because i do not think i am an Elitest i do not care what ppl that raid say. Because until you have tried the build in a raid you will not know now will you.

Anet also needs to remove all time gates for legendary trinkets as time gating is not a good way to say hey good job staying with it to get the trinket, it is just a way to make players mad.

My priorities and what makes instance content fun for me in fractals and raids are as follows:

1. Success
  2. Speed

Number 1 is non negotiable. Number 2 has a subjective tolerance threshold. Your build might be able to accomplish criteria 1 but at the severe cost of criteria 2. We might as well be 4 manning in the party because you are not contributing nearly as much to the survivability of the party as you think you are. My pugs and groups don't have issues staying alive where the barrier matters. The only support slot which is usually a firebrand brings enough healing, and way more boons that this build can. "while all you zerker viper fools are dead" is simply not a reality that exists in high KP groups because we know how to survive without the crutch of using toughness and vitality. Sure you might be successful in fractals with this build just like how 3 longbow rangers in Soldiers gear will eventually be successful if they spend enough time in there as well but at a huge cost of criteria 2. Your damage is nowhere near what a zerker/viper can output. We're talking orders of magnitude in damage here. A dedicated DPS will be doing anywhere between 10-20x your damage meaning if a zerker only survives for 1 minute in a fight, you need to hit the boss for an additional 9-19 minutes in order to catch up. Guarantee no fight will last long enough for that to be a reality. You will likely get kicked for not GGing if you're the only one alive, or the other dps in the group will have killed the boss before your 9-19 minutes are up. You are more than welcome to trudge along slowly with your build and complete content at your own pace in your own groups. You will still get your loot when you eventually finish. Just don't expect the players here who can complete the content way faster using meta builds and team comps without dying to bring you along.

@"Stajan.4581" said:Ok so for one looking at Thief with transfusion, with them running zerker gear and scholer runes they get a wooping 2889 healing with the 9 pulses o boy so much healing there and that comes every 12 3/4 seconds. That is so much healing so much......While my build preventing 33% damage on a calculation of 1000 damage. Prevents 330 damage per 1000 over a period of 15 seconds total, i provide max barrier to them with almost every application of it, and heal for over 12K with well of blood. Everyone that has commented on this are just lemmings, you follow the META because you think META is the best well META is not the best because there is no best build just best at and best for. In my game play i like being the tank i like being able to take the heavy hits ans stay alive while all you zerker viper fools are dead. In the long run my DOT is hire than yours. So again since i prevent more damage can take more damage can heal just as much damage if not more, and in the long run do mare damage my build is over all better. Yes Minstrels gear is a viable and i very well may go that way. However my T4 runs are fine with me tanking and healing and in a raid being able to do both of these jobs will open up the option for something else to come into the team. But since i do not run raids because i do not think i am an Elitest i do not care what ppl that raid say. Because until you have tried the build in a raid you will not know now will you.

Everyone who has commented so far is either fractal god, close to it and/or has been running fractals a lot longer than you. But you are free to assume with your "I'm going to slap nomad on everything and call it a build" build. Geeee, why has no one of us ever thought about running full nomad. The stat set has been out since living world season 2 only, if only we had known...

A full Magi healing power build outperforms your build by over 450 healing power meaning it's healing to group will be way higher (with over 900 precision more)than yours. All your build does is make you personally more tanky which is great if you are bad at this game, but definately not needed on a 27,000 hitpoint scourge heal barrier machine. That has nothing to do with your group surviving but is rather crutches for you personally at the cost of healing to group.

A plaguedoctor with 4-5 pieces of magi will mirror your healing power, outperform your vitality by 100, provide 700 condition damage and 380 precision (and some 25% boon duration which with fractal potions goes to 40%). Again being similar in healing performance to group while increasing your lifepool at the cost of toughness. Again, if you can't survive with now around 28-29k life and barriers, this is a personal issue.

Yes, your T4 runs are running smooth because T4 is not challenging and scourge heal is a good carry for bad players. For the x-th time now though, you are NOT tanking. There is no tanking in fractals. All you are doing is reducing damage to self with high toughness while reducing healing performance to group and stripping yourself of any and all utility.

Best build is defined by what you value best for you, and what the community overall values best in general. If you value high toughness for survival with no offensive output and no utility output valuable, then this indeed is the best build for you. The overall approach is not pure healers though and you will notice this once you step into more difficult content. At least we have now found out who this build is best for: you. Which is fine, keep running it but stop assuming about others (and absolutely don't come complaining once people start removing you from group).

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Or if you want maximal health pool, something like this also works. It also has a nice bonus of 50% effective Epidemic. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQJAWWnE9Cd3gt1Am2As3gluBT/neUTqTPgBQAg6DMCqAA-jxRPAB1rEUM1fs8SAguyPhfCAGpLAg9HIFAyysA-e

Noob question, why would you want that much HP? Does it affect how much barrier you give to allies?

@CallousEye.5018 said:

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Or if you want maximal health pool, something like this also works. It also has a nice bonus of 50% effective Epidemic.

Noob question, why would you want that much HP? Does it affect how much barrier you give to allies?

No I think its how much barrier you can have yourself its half every indiviuals health pool.

@CallousEye.5018 said:

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Or if you want maximal health pool, something like this also works. It also has a nice bonus of 50% effective Epidemic.

Life Forcehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Life_force

also you know transfusion heals right? it's not only taken for saving downs. you brag about barrier application but the thing is " meta" heal scourge can do the same thing, only better as he can grant more barrier than you can and he can also heal more. Transfusion is really what makes heal necro shine and if you are not using it, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

overall I give this build a 0/10