--> Crash <-- Exception: c0000005

--> Crash <--Exception: c0000005Memory at address 00000000`00000008 could not be read

Saved full crash report, but will not post it's entirety here unless requested by an administrator to do so.

PS: This isn't a one time crash or a rare occurrence, it happens often multiple times during a play session.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

--> Crash <--Exception: c0000005
Memory at address 00007f65`ce2a5430 could not be readApp: Gw2-64.exePid: 39Cmdline: -maploadinfoBaseAddr: 0000000140000000ProgramId: 101Build: 86400When: 2018-02-27T00:21:15Z 2018-02-26T19:21:15-05:00Uptime: 0 days 0:53:44Flags: 0

--> Error Logs <--Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='2248714043770673416'Content is referencing a propID that doesn't exist propId='1972964328275477224'Model '0x0e8624': Permutation 'sword' not found, auto selecting permutationTexture '0x03539b' dimensions too smallLoading '0x03539b' texture failedCouldn't find projectile effect for skill 'ozBOH.8+KHW'Texture missing mip chain: 0x0f8c78Model '0x080b24': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.Texture '0x03539b' dimensions too smallLoading '0x03539b' texture failed

Also worth noting:

• I have done -repair and -verify multiple times and it detects no errors.
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled and completely re-downloaded the huge gw2.dat file.
  • Making sure my graphics drivers (and other drivers) are always the latest stable version.

So, none of that resolves the issue.

Here's another one, this time I was only running for 8 minutes, and 6 seconds:

--> Crash <--Exception: c0000005
Memory at address 00000000`00000008 could not be readApp: Gw2-64.exePid: 39Cmdline: -maploadinfoBaseAddr: 0000000140000000ProgramId: 101Build: 86400When: 2018-02-26T23:25:16Z 2018-02-26T18:25:16-05:00Uptime: 0 days 0:08:06Flags: 0

--> Error Logs <--Debug token '0x00000000000266FA': Lightning ran out of space for new bolts.

@Ubi.4136 said:I am running Win7 x64, but used to get those errors often. In my case, it turned out that Malwarebytes was causing it. If you have it installed, you could try removing it to see if it fixes your error too. Since uninstalling Malwarebytes, I have not gotten one of those errors.

I do not run MalwareBytes.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I don't think the 'Lightning' nor the 'Bolts' referenced in the crash report has anything to do with actual lightning in-game.You see that reference in almost every complete crash report posted, and have since Core launch, no matter the issue.

So this issue has been affecting people since launch, and no one has managed to track down its root cause and fix it yet?

Also maybe worth noting: I see in reading other people's post, that many of the people that receive this crash, are unable to obtain crash information for this report, either due to their PC locking up, or more so their lack of technical skills. To a novice, the game may appear to have locked up the entire computer, however background processes still continue to run, so only the game has locked up. While I am unable to tab out or close the game normally, I am however able to SSH into my computer from my Android and use command-line to regain control over the PC, either by killing the Gw2 process, or using the "reboot" command, which is a much preferable way to reset the PC vs using a hard power reset, which doesn't allow files to properly close on the system, and can result in orphaned file stubs.

@RAB.7682 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I don't think the 'Lightning' nor the 'Bolts' referenced in the crash report has anything to do with actual lightning in-game.You see that reference in almost every complete crash report posted, and have since Core launch, no matter the issue.

So this issue has been affecting people since launch, and no one has managed to track down its root cause and fix it yet?

Or, it's a coding term that applies to many, many different aspects of the game. Just as the term 'bones' and 'orphan' don't specifically refer to bones or orphans in-game.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@RAB.7682 said:

Or, it's a coding term that applies to many, many different aspects of the game. Just as the term 'bones' and 'orphan' don't specifically refer to bones or orphans in-game.

OK, thank you for clearing up your post.

@RAB.7682 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Or, it's a coding term that applies to many, many different aspects of the game. Just as the term 'bones' and 'orphan' don't specifically refer to bones or orphans in-game.

Yes, I have seen that "lightning" reference for years now (even pre-HoT). Also, it doesn't seem to be the cause of the crash. If you look the log file even when the game works normally you will see that line a lot. Possibly it's just an info line added to the log to help devs to track down what caused an issue (given the "funny" way it describes the "issue". As Inculpatus said maybe it's just a coding that only devs know what it means).

The fact of It being the first line in the log doesn't necessarily means it was the cause, just it was the last "issue" that occurred and the game was able to log before the crash. It's even possible that the game had no time to add what caused the crash to the log.Take some more look at the log and you will occasionally find some other "funny" entries there (can't recall from top of my mind).

P.S.: Yes, one can notice that I think "Lightning ran out of space for new bolts" a funny sentence.

Oh btw, I just noticed a thing. If I recall right usually "Coherent UI host" is related to a process used to show the Trading Post or any web based interface/panel in game (like Guild Treasure, Expansion announcement etc). If you were standing at LA I supposed you were dealing with Trading Post at some point.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey friends,

We're still investigating. The "Lightning" has been determined at this point to be a red herring, so don't worry about that part. Our team is going through the crash logs from reports and believe there are two different crashes currently happening. There are two threads open on what folks believe to be the same crash - but some of the reports that are older are actually fixed (despite similar text in the logs you share with us). But some more recent reports have reported two crashes that we've not dealt with yet, so the team is currently looking into how to repro the crashes and then hopefully provide a fix. <3 Thanks everyone!