Festival of the Four Winds Returns July 30

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little offtopic but am I the only one that noticed the Scarlet characteristics as sylvari char used in that. Last time this festival gave info on what to expect in next living story... Wonder if its doing same atm and we can expect some Molten alliance/Aetherblades and the likes...

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Little offtopic but am I the only one that noticed the Scarlet characteristics as sylvari char used in that. Last time this festival gave info on what to expect in next living story... Wonder if its doing same atm and we can expect some Molten alliance/Aetherblades and the likes...

No, although the sylvari has some ls1 related gear on suggesting the return of certain rewards in game or the gem store.

What hint did last years return of the festival give to the story?

Recently I really think that bl weapons set and items released in store means something. Before the last ls4 episode we got deviant glass skins with each a god figure? What we got next? A shattered gods realm named dragonfall. Shortly before LS4e2, inquest got updated, shortly before thunderhead, new dredges models. Now we have racial chairs, asuras and sylvaris. Norn will soon have one.For me it's a hint that ls5 will focus on all races and maybe their issues regarding evil groups around tyria. Scarlet got an eye wink during ls4e4 in ???. Also I've apreciated dragon bash 2019 dialog retaking opinions from players about dragons: from a norn saying what's that dragon feeling kitten to the svanir shaman asking to love dragons.. x)

The use of features on the announcement imho mean the return of ls1 rewards: incensor, gaz mask, zephyrite sanctuary model, karla helmet, molten gauntlet. Can hope for scarlet spaulders/grasp (The durmand priory merchant is useless too). I think we will have nothing from ls1, be happy with aetherblade twilight arbor path, that is the best scarlet hideout we will have.

Through, yeah I miss old LA, I miss the caribean/pirates vibe a lot. I'm happy to see the Fofw coming back.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Little offtopic but am I the only one that noticed the Scarlet characteristics as sylvari char used in that. Last time this festival gave info on what to expect in next living story... Wonder if its doing same atm and we can expect some Molten alliance/Aetherblades and the likes...

I don’t recall it giving hints last time.

At last! I have been waiting for an announcement for a couple of weeks now and was worried they might have dumped it altogether. Glad they didn't. <3

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Yeah i can get rid of all this useless magic find that i have been hoarding for no reason.

Where? How? What did I miss? Can't recall Drooburt accepting MF in exchange for goods, nor any of the other merchants.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I don’t recall it giving hints last time.

Wasn't the chat upon 1st entering of queen jenna not mentioning some hints that popped up at the next living world episode that came out little after... at least I believe I recall something like that. I may be wrong tho, its been a year ago...

@Tekneeq.4302 said:i see a lot of people saying this is their favorite one, i never had the chance to take part in this event.. from what i keep hearing i cant wait!!

It s a very good festival. Will be interesting to see it is has anything new, but as a festival for first timers, it def has a strong case for being the best, esp given it is spread across a city and a dedicated separate map and has a lot of associated content.

@Ashantara.8731 said:At last! I have been waiting for an announcement for a couple of weeks now and was worried they might have dumped it altogether. Glad they didn't. <3

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Yeah i can get rid of all this useless magic find that i have been hoarding for no reason.

Where? How? What did I miss? Can't recall Drooburt accepting MF in exchange for goods, nor any of the other merchants.

Drooburt's Ghost? Only during Lunar New Year.

Last year, during FotFW, Drooburt wanted you to buy Mystery Bags, which cost favors (not tokens). 5 for a combo favor, 2 for the uncombined ones.

Fun to see it return - as a player coming back from a long break when Wiki listed this festival and Dragon Bash having had longer breaks (this one not appeared in 2015 to 2017 I think) as well.

I hope it is possible to do most stuff quickly and/or without map changes or waiting time. Waiting for Moa race to start or Stampede to start was not fun during Dragon Bash. The dailies were okay though - which could be done for the box that gave skins and I even did the last 2 dailies that didn't make the lastl "Party Commander" full (maybe it will carry over to next year). I hope for s similar setup here.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Last year, during FotFW, Drooburt wanted you to
buy
Mystery Bags
, which cost
favors
(not tokens). 5 for a combo favor, 2 for the uncombined ones.

What does this have to do with Magic Find, though?

Sigh.

You wrote:

I wrote:

Drooburt's Ghost? Only during Lunar New Year.

Last year, during FotFW, Drooburt wanted you to buy Mystery Bags, which cost favors (not tokens). 5 for a combo favor, 2 for the uncombined ones.

In order to make sure that we were all on the same page about what took place and when:

• I posted the details on when essences of luck (not "magic find") had a trade in value (LNY, not FotFW)
  • And I pointed out what was tradeable during the previous FotFW.

i.e. the previous poster's recollection was incomplete: luck essences do have a festival-only value and you didn't miss anything from FotFW, as far as luck essences were concerned.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:
  • And I pointed out what was tradeable during the previous FotFW.

Which is what I cannot remember.The wiki is there (in part) so that you don't have to remember; you can just look it up.

And yes, I meant the Essences of Luck, sorry.Wasn't your fault; you were just responding to the previous poster who used "magic find," presumably by mistake. I'm sure everyone knew what they meant.

(I felt that in clarifying what was tradeable during which festival, it was important to use the proper jargon, to prevent additional mis-remembering misunderstandings down the road..)

@Fenom.9457 said:Yeahhhhh my favorite festival!

Returning to the original topic: what is it about FotFW that makes it your favorite?

During its first iteration, I loved the verticality along with the special skills used to bop around (although I confess that I found navigating really challenging). Sanctum Sprint and Survivor were a lot of fun, too.

And some of the dialogue (and the voice acting that interpreted it) was really fun, too. Specifically, this one:

Zephyrite:
Hi. Are you a charr?
Stranger:
Yep. Sure am.
Zephyrite:
I've never seen one before. The stories all say charr are super scary, but I don't think you're scary.
Stranger:
Excuse me? I'm plenty scary!
Zephyrite:
I dunno. I think you're beautiful. Your fur is pretty great!
Stranger:
I am not beautiful! Though, my fur is pretty great, isn't it? (chuckle) See ya 'round, cub.

The first time and since I used to love using aspect crystals to climb higher and higher on the cliffsides. The music is mesmerizing and beautiful. Map is net and look like a wild natural dangerless resort. A real respite. Recently, the moving boat is a fun attraction too. My only little grumpy comment would be lags.