Bugs in the new Scrapper traits + video examples

coro.3176

@Ghos.1326 said:

@"Ambrosius Custard.8137" said:Here's how you fix the current Scrapper bugs - revert the Scrapper changes. No need to thank me Anet!

Or increase Impact Savant damage to barrier "conversion" from 15% to 20%, and increase the Function Gyro health so it doesn't die in a single downed attack that deals 980 damage (Chaith tested this, and the Function Gyro was destroyed from a single downed Warrior NPC attack that dealt 980 damage, which made my stomach turn to know our Function Gyro, the staple of the Scrapper mechanic, is that darn fragile). If they did these 2 things, Scrapper would see a significant increase in its survivability and usefulness.Really wouldnt help it at all.

Your first change would only help in PvE on full power builds vs stationary targets while the second change would only fix one of the new issues with the function gyro and it would have to be a completely unrealistic change to survive 1 player (+5000 hp maybe) or groups (+15000 hp or so). Even at 1200 range with no AoE targetting and much higher hp the old gyro was still weak for WvW... at half the cooldown.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Ambrosius Custard.8137" said:Here's how you fix the current Scrapper bugs - revert the Scrapper changes. No need to thank me Anet!

Or increase Impact Savant damage to barrier "conversion" from 15% to 20%, and increase the Function Gyro health so it doesn't die in a single downed attack that deals 980 damage (Chaith tested this, and the Function Gyro was destroyed from a single downed Warrior NPC attack that dealt 980 damage, which made my stomach turn to know our Function Gyro, the staple of the Scrapper mechanic, is that darn fragile). If they did these 2 things, Scrapper would see a significant increase in its survivability and usefulness.Really wouldnt help it at all.

Your first change would only help in PvE on full power builds vs stationary targets while the second change would only fix one of the new issues with the function gyro and it would have to be a completely unrealistic change to survive 1 player (+5000 hp maybe) or groups (+15000 hp or so). Even at 1200 range with no AoE targetting and much higher hp the old gyro was
still
weak for WvW... at half the cooldown.

Well of course the Function Gyro shouldn't be some massive health thing to withstand an onslaught of 15+ people all dealing damage in a zerg. that would be way too busted. In which case, if you were in a wvw zerg, you might as well just initiate cleave with the rest of your crew. The AoE damage players would just lay AoE on the body to prevent any of the enemies from advancing onto you while you cleave, while the damagers that hit 3-5 players with their attacks can dish out damage to small skirmishes of enemies as well as the downed. I'm not asking for the Function Gyro to be so stupidly strong that it can't be counterplayed, i'm asking for it to not die in a single hit from a significantly weaker attack unleashed on it.

Also, the first change won't just help in pve. lets do a little math.lets say you build for a more tanky setup, but sacrifice some damage to get there (Knight's amulet in pvp, for example). so, 900 attack (giving you 1900), 1200 toughness (giving you 3200 defense), and 900 precision (giving you around 45% crit chance). Now lets say you deal, with the hammer, 800 damage. take 10% of 800. you get 80. Now take another 5% (half of 80 is 40) and add that onto the current 80. that's 120. It's ok, but it's not quite enough considering there is also relation damage to take into consideration. with 20%, it's basically the 10% (80) x 2. which would be 160. Might not seem like much, but it's definitely an improvement.

Now lets take another example. Lets say you hit an enemy for 2500. 10% of 2500 is 250. half of 250 (5%) is 125. So you would get around 375 barrier from that one strike. It's decent, but 20% is still a big improvement. with 20%, you'd get 500 barrier from the 2500 strike.

Now, while on paper this looks to be a little strong (the 20% increase, that is). But now you have to take into account your enemy also using defensive measures against you. For example, evading your higher hitting strikes, blocks, Aegis, Weakness, etc. It balances it out, and actually entices players to be in combat to get the barrier and play a little more aggressively to get it, while having a good payoff for doing so. 15% is ok, but it still doesn't really entice you to be in combat to gain the barrier, because you'd still be getting that, for example, 375 barrier shredded off you in no time with how much damage is flying about currently. At least with 500, it would mean a little more, and it would be equivalent to healing an extra 125 health from an attack, resulting in a more tanky Scrapper, which is supposed to be its theme. Not too much barrier, but not overwhelmingly small either. The goldilocks zone.

@"Ghos.1326" said:Also, the first change won't just help in pve. lets do a little math.The math is completely irrelevant. Of course 15%->20% will always be better but it does next to nothing for WvW sustain because there passive regen is king. Any warrior can attest to this fact.

I mean in theory the thief has just as "good" a trait (invigorating precision) and as a class it has far better and faster power damage than a scrapper, yet it's not taken afaik for its ability to tank. We're not seeing thieves running around regenerating 2K hp every second while they are happily hitting people... yet they can. In theory. In practice, they topple over when someone sneeze at them. Just like the new scrapper. Imagine that. And the thief still got other better healing traits, lol.

@Ghos.1326 said:

Or increase Impact Savant damage to barrier "conversion" from 15% to 20%, and increase the Function Gyro health so it doesn't die in a single downed attack that deals 980 damage (Chaith tested this, and the Function Gyro was destroyed from a single downed Warrior NPC attack that dealt 980 damage, which made my stomach turn to know our Function Gyro, the staple of the Scrapper mechanic, is that darn fragile). If they did these 2 things, Scrapper would see a significant increase in its survivability and usefulness.

The issue with this is that I still don't see the Scrapper really having a place anywhere with the current design vision, even with a bigger number placed on Impact Savant. It wouldn't address the now garbage build diversity that the Scrapper has.