[PvP] Best Bunker Healway FB Build

Saiyan.1704

Bunker HealBrand Build

Per your preference in Honor tree:

• Invigorating Bulwark's 25% increased heal to allies

vs

• Protective Reviver's faster downed rez.

Build is the best team heal spec in the game at the moment, will keep up your +1 Scourge duo partner better than Ele. Bunking a node doesn't improve all that much on Magi amulet. Shout Utilities Build variant that most bunker guards run don't cleanse better, nor bunk better than this build.

Feel free to ask questions,

Enjoy.Credits: Saw Sorem.9157 tank a 1v3, I just had to find and replicate his bunker build.Credits: Sorem.9157 for the Amulet suggestion

EDIT

Powerbrand Bunker Healway V2

! Ryan turned me on to the Firebrand Mender build variant again, so I changed it a bit to the playstyle I fancy. It's basically the same build except this has more of a damage oriented role while retaining much of its bunk prowess. Brief overview,!! Honor: - I figured the traits that increased % healing to allies in Honor tree is nice but if you can potentially increase your Bunk Time on a point, that's actually better in my opinion. Because the way I see it, you can only heal your team so much before you eventually run into a situation where it's like hitting a brick wall; your team is full of Engi/Rangers/Revs/etc with no damages and are destined to deleting themselves in the mid fights... your team will go down... so you can at least fall back to the bunking role and pray you can 1vX long enough for team to recollect. So I chose Writ Persistence trait in that regards.!! Valor: - Self explanatory.!! 1-handers: Using Axe + Quickness lore is a must for me... the axe is incredibly slow otherwise. It does in-fact deal more damage than Sword while offering good CC. The symbol is worth casting when kiting and not getting hit, swapping to Scepter + immob to ensure 2 symbols stack on a target is a nice combo.! Scepter is a range weapon I feel I need. I suppose Sword is good for a nice Teleport + Judges. Sometimes you don't necessarily NEED to be on top of a person 24/7 so i'll just stick with Scepter for now... especially when fighting Scourges.!! This build is otherwise the exact same build as the one listed in OP. It just has a different play style - one that i'm actually happy with. The healing is still very good. I won a 2v3 with a good Zerker Necro as a pug duo ptner. Fought against 2 Warriors and an Ele - had to pick up the downed necro twice before we finally managed to out-sustain the trio classes. (granted, ele just sucked but you get the point)!! Just food for thought (:!! P.S! Condi Firebrand still sucks the big ones... i'm done theory crafting and stress testing those builds lol.. they're meant for 1 role in a given match but if that fails completely... there's no other role to fall back on and they have HUGE weaknesses vs power competent players. Even these bunker builds can at least hold a point for a reasonable amount of time, team support, and even push thieves/mesmers/engi off point. So this build has multiple roles to fall back on in case one role fails.

A lot of FB Guardians are running poor builds or they don't know how to optimize their "bunker" Firebrand. "Best" is what this build is, It's Just my personal opinion :)

If there's other changes to the build that you think would optimize it more for what it does, please post and comment!

@Darknicrofia.2604 said:I've found the ressing trait to be pretty much useless in the scourge meta, even the fall damage trait is more useful (since it drops a symbol of protection when you use a heal skill)

I agree completely. Stopping to rez is suicide with a scourge nearby.

@Kuya.6495 said:

@Darknicrofia.2604 said:I've found the ressing trait to be pretty much useless in the scourge meta, even the fall damage trait is more useful (since it drops a symbol of protection when you use a heal skill)

You can roll the dice with ToC4. Since its 4 pulses you should survive any sort of corrupt/condi pressure. And if you have valor it gets recharged once you rez them.

I'm gonna give this one a shot: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Mantra_Bunker

Not 100% sure about staff, virtues and stand your ground, but I'm willing to test it. Has anyone else here tried running virtues and staff? what do you think this contributes to over taking valor? From a glance it seems valor helps self sustain and virtues emphasis team support (via lower virtue recharge, aoe cleanse on f2, and stab on f3).

@Kuya.6495 said:I'm gonna give this one a shot: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Mantra_Bunker

Not 100% sure about staff, virtues and stand your ground, but I'm willing to test it. Has anyone else here tried running virtues and staff? what do you think this contributes to over taking valor? From a glance it seems valor helps self sustain and virtues emphasis team support (via lower virtue recharge, aoe cleanse on f2, and stab on f3).

Only reason you'd run Virtues on a bunker build like that one on Metabattle is so you'll offer additional AoE Cleanses on F2's initial stow, and maybe an extra Stab on F3... but F3 isn't really needed because ToC#1 offers Stab already.

I suppose the thought process is, they don't need more self-sustains with Valor so they can just go a bit more in team support, trading Medi on a utility for a team oriented SYG. So if self sustains isn't needed, the next bet would be Virtues.

I don't think it's that much of a difference I mean, run Valor for the 2k extra heal + cleanses on Lor Mantra and keep the same utilities.

@Kuya.6495 @"kKagari.6804"

Give This Build a try guys.

I just figured this out today, but Honor is basically all of FB's sustains. Meditations do fine to an extent but all it really does is increases your health. We can trade that health increase for AoE damages in Virtues (as well as additional AoE team cleanses with F2). Apparently a Firebrand in AT tournaments (is that redundant?) uses Honor/Virt/FB on his team too, from what I hear from Kronos that is. I have no clue what the rest of that particular FB's setup looks like (rune/sigs/utility bars) and i'm too proud to ask lol. But this particular build has been performing surprisingly well in ranked.

4 Mantras sounds like a lot of skill-management on the bar and it really is, but when you get the hang of activating Quickness + Elite at the same time during Axe auto usages, team focused bursts, or just using Quickness to heal quicker, will makes a huge difference. I've tried other utilities but this one is basically a must on axe's Extremely slow abilities.

The rune is "OK" for a quick AoE team cleansing (or self cleanse), I just don't like it's randomness sometimes but when it works, it's good.

Lemme know what yall think,

Gonna try your use of sage with permeating wrath, but i'm gonna keep mace on both swaps and use the sanctuary trait in virties, and instead of taking the quickness mantra, i'll try to take the cleanse/burn consecration along with reduced consecration recharge in virtues.

@juno.1840 said:Shouldn't the Title be "Sorem's Best Bunker Healway FB Build"???

At the time I didn't know if he used the exact build XD that and this is more of a collaborative development on "best meta build", something I'm known to do!

But I for sure gave him credit where credit is due, and I give credit to everyone here who improved upon Firebrand

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

You can roll the dice with ToC4. Since its 4 pulses you should survive any sort of corrupt/condi pressure. And if you have valor it gets recharged once you rez them.

Eh a scourge will just use ghastly breach which pulses corrupt, load up conditions and fear you off all at the same time and 20 torment stacks + being feared is not good times.

Gave sage amulet a shot with permeating wrath. It is definitely much better in solo q since it lets you actually handle a 1v1. It also lets you put on some dps on point if you feel you can afford to. Problem was that i felt i didn't have enough dps pressure once justice was on cooldown. An issur that can probably be rectified by taking axe. Another problem is that if you go into justice, you risk your team dying too fast for you to be able to save them. With all these scourges running around, i don't know how much a support can afford to not be cleansing 24/7. Additionally the healing was noticeably worse. I did find that the burn consecration is a nice addition to this spec though.

I am going to keep testing on magi amulet, but this time I'm keeping virtues (sanctuary trait and indomitable courage). Going to take stand your ground since it seems fb's weakness is also burst phys dps. So getting attacked by a spellbreaker and a thf is your worst nightmare. Having endless stunbreak will probably help. Gonna use keep my mace/shield/focus set up too.

@Drekor.5217 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

Eh a scourge will just use ghastly breach which pulses corrupt, load up conditions and fear you off all at the same time and 20 torment stacks + being feared is not good times.

Well, yeah, you'd think if he is willing to spend a 75s cooldown on kill confirm he ought to get it. But for everything else, there is mastercard.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Drekor.5217 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

Well, yeah, you'd think if he is willing to spend a 75s cooldown on kill confirm he ought to get it. But for everything else, there is mastercard.

Good chance they have sadistic searing so 60s... that's really not that big of a cooldown.

@Drekor.5217 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Drekor.5217 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

Good chance they have sadistic searing so 60s... that's really not that big of a cooldown.

So, one skill that can nullify 50% of the scourge's attacks is not good enough for you?

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Drekor.5217 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Drekor.5217 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:

So, one skill that can nullify 50% of the scourge's attacks is not good enough for you?

I'm a scourge myself... boons = more torment to me whether it's resistance or a might stack.

Archived