The Shining Blade as a weaver... (And incinerator as a main hand weapon on core ele)

Hana.8143

Hello folks !

I'm wielding this gorgeous weapon, but I'm sadTo me they made the same mistakes they made with Incinerator and put some wierd animations on TSB.3 in water/earth is basically throwing swords.3 in air/water is basically throwing a sword (And it's the worst).

Am I the only one who wish to have the proper animation instead of some weird swords thrown ?

Same goes for incinerator, #1 in water always bothered me, I don't see it anymore cause I'm a sword/dagger weaver, but even with the change which came with PoF, I still think it's awful (and the goddamn sound, gosh it's terrible)

I prefer the regular animations on regular sword, same goes with the #1 in water with a regular dagger.What's your thoughts ?

While we're at it: Ever played staff weaver with Bifrost equipped? All projectiles (so nearly all skills) look the same and get replaced by the rainbow effect. Apart from the fact it gives you advantages in PvP/WvW, it looks terrible...

Instead of overwriting skill effects with the legendary default effect (which is kinda OK for auto hits, I guess) there should be combined effects which still keep the flavor of the original skill effect, but add to it with a legendary themed effect... At least I think that would be way better. Currently I do not use my legendary on weaver because of the boring looking default rainbow effect thrown on nearly all my skills.

• 5 weeks later...

@JanHermann.2436 said:Even worse is the constant metallic unsheathing/sheathing sound on the shining blade.Try going farming and mining/logging/harvesting when you have that sword equipped.It must be unintended since its immensely annoying after the first five minutes.

Nevermore and Shooshadoo also do that. Cawing for Nevermore and cooing for Shooshadoo.

Yeah, we should be able to choose whether we want to use original projectiles or the ones modified by the equipped legendary weapon. It's quite disappointing when you use different skills but they all look the same just because you are wielding a leggy weap. I'd also like an option to disable leggy weap's sound effects. I have no idea how Bolt or Incinerator wielders manage to use them for long periods of time. These weaps' sounds are unbearable to me (Meteorlogicus for life. No annoying sounds, yass. :grin: )

@Rayti.6531 said:Instead of overwriting skill effects with the legendary default effect (which is kinda OK for auto hits, I guess) there should be combined effects which still keep the flavor of the original skill effect, but add to it with a legendary themed effect... At least I think that would be way better.

Or this. I like your idea, feel like it's a good compromise.

@bart.3687 said:Yeah, we should be able to choose whether we want to use original projectiles or the ones modified by the equipped legendary weapon. It's quite disappointing when you use different skills but they all look the same just because you are wielding a leggy weap. I'd also like an option to disable leggy weap's sound effects. I have no idea how Bolt or Incinerator wielders manage to use them for long periods of time. These weaps' sounds are unbearable to me (Meteorlogicus for life. No annoying sounds, yass. :grin: )

The sound option already exists. That was added a while ago. It can also be configured separately for your own weapons and other people's weapon sounds.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@bart.3687 said:Yeah, we should be able to choose whether we want to use original projectiles or the ones modified by the equipped legendary weapon. It's quite disappointing when you use different skills but they all look the same just because you are wielding a leggy weap. I'd also like an option to disable leggy weap's sound effects. I have no idea how Bolt or Incinerator wielders manage to use them for long periods of time. These weaps' sounds are unbearable to me (Meteorlogicus for life. No annoying sounds, yass. :grin: )

The sound option already exists. That was added a while ago. It can also be configured separately for your own weapons and other people's weapon sounds.

Oh, really? I've never noticed it, but I'll look for it tomorrow. That's pretty cool, thanks for the information.

Archived