My experience as a Reaper yesterday, help from experienced players needed...

Kiritodatrth.1548

Well I'm not very much into PvE but I decided to go for the griffon, meantime I decided to engage (q) as Reaper... and R.I.P.I'm not a amazing player, I will never be a top legendary player, but I'm OK, I can get along fine, I can change games, and before PoF I was going fine with my reaper.After PoF the class is just oblivion... The amount of CC and dmg we get from soulbeasts, warriors, engineers, eles and mesmers make the class almost unplayable...I'm used to get focused but the CC chain (that I always knew how to work) makes Reaper unfeasible the CC spam of some abilities is really out of control.I don't like scourge mechanics at all (it's not my style, even being OP), and I rather engage Reaper for what matters (not that I'm doing), but other classes are so much overpowered compared to reaper that I was felling like cry. And for amazing it might seem I had no issue fighting scourges... Playing carefully I could overplay them (other one or two names)... Hard play it... it was kill before get killed... but still...

Maybe I was not felling this due to access scourge has in stability, and playing 3 breaks stuns... I still get into CC chains with scourge, but not even nearly as reaper, cause ppl just think twice before come that close...

There were times where I simply let the keyboard go cause there was really NOTHING I could do... It was not about a specific ability... I know how to manage full counter; I could even take down good warriors 1 vs 1 yesterday... But it was really weird and like out of place play reaper again... Is it a L2P issue?

I missed a lot of stability and mobility compared to new specs... Engineers even losing now can move apart and reset before reengage... I cant over run anyone... I have no mobility and no defensive options...I know it's old issues for the reaper, but it seems much more accentuate with the new specs.... I really had soulbeasts chasing me for one side of the map to the other and no kiten was enough ... War, Revs always had mobility accentuate as melee classes, but reaper is now such a joke?AOE eng CC in that lower CD?? OMG!! Even when I was crushing the eng he just move away reset and come back and I could only watch, was like playing against a War...I dunno just felt so out of place...Mesmers 30 stacks of confusion?? really?? No resistance? I was cleaning and I couldn't engage... I was mostly lucky some AOE just hit and they end up dead while in stealth...

I saw a lot of ppl in top still playing reaper still I'd like to know how they fell, and how they are playing, cause I was so disappointed---

Atm even core necro sounds better then reaper in spvp, because reaper is about going into melee and right now you don't go into melee on point unless you're spellbreaker or wanna die. Just ask your friendly enemy scourge for the details as to why.

And yeah, for all the defense that scourge loses he's still way better off with portal then reaper with all his stab and stunbreaking...

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Atm even core necro sounds better then reaper in spvp, because reaper is about going into melee and right now you don't go into melee on point unless you're spellbreaker or wanna die. Just ask your friendly enemy scourge for the details as to why.

And yeah, for all the defense that scourge loses he's still way better off with portal then reaper with all his stab and stunbreaking...

Power Reaper performs well against a scourge. Telling someone to go core necro (which loses literally every matchup) is beyond bad advice.

Power Reaper's biggest problems right now are Spellbreaker (duh), d/p daredevil (everyone's biggest problem), and Holosmith (because Holosmith is basically a better version of power reaper)

Condi reaper should win 1v1 versus a power reaper. I didnt test it vs scourge but I don't expect it to be any different. The problem also is, is that reaper before PoF excelled when you had a good support spec (ele) in ur team. Now, I don't see many people play support (although bunker guard is really upcomming now). Besides, Scourge has much more on-point pressure which makes it harder for you as a reaper to stay alive in mid/team-fights (the fights in which you'd excell before PoF). Every reaper I saw since PoF launch just melted and often makes his team lose the game. Maybe if Scourge get nerfed the situation will be become different, but yeh... right now its just not a good class to play in pvp.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Atm even core necro sounds better then reaper in spvp, because reaper is about going into melee and right now you don't go into melee on point unless you're spellbreaker or wanna die. Just ask your friendly enemy scourge for the details as to why.

Power Reaper performs well against a scourge. Telling someone to go core necro (which loses literally every matchup) is beyond bad advice.

Power Reaper's biggest problems right now are Spellbreaker (duh), d/p daredevil (everyone's biggest problem), and Holosmith (because Holosmith is basically a better version of power reaper)

is that I think that for him to truly dominate a class he has to know even his weaknesses.but if hes searching for the "easy way", just skip to Scourge and spam condition.

@Crinn.7864 said:

O'rly? And just how is this great power reaper of yours gonna address the constant condi pressure he'll get on node? Last time i checked power necros are boned vs condi necros, unless they can kill them fast.Except scourge doesn't need to sit on a node to spam it with his AoEs. He can do it from safe distance. And scourge's natural habitat is middle, along with his teammates, which by default will target you - the enemy necro.

That's why i said core necro is better - not because he's good, but because he can fight at a distance, not diving into jaws of the beast. Reaper worked before PoF because aoe pressure on node was bearable and boon hate was much less. But now stab means nothing - scourge will corrupt it in split second, unless spellbreaker beats him to it. Then welcome to cc land, and if you go shroud - getting bombed with condies you can't cleanse.

Not to mention that recently i found sand flare to be superior heal to Consume Conditions. Reason: it actually got through. Slow is also now very abundant making your heals a post-mortem fantasy. Unless you can trigger them real fast.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:Condi reaper should win 1v1 versus a power reaper. I didnt test it vs scourge but I don't expect it to be any different.It's very different because scourge does not have chill access. Reaper is enormously vulnerable to chill due to chill both driving the cd of shourd through the roof and preventing us from gap closing. Scourge has no chill access outside of Chillblains. Moreover Scourge has a 20k EHP deficiency compared to power reaper, which means power reaper can have negative damage trades and still win.@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:O'rly? And just how is this great power reaper of yours gonna address the constant condi pressure he'll get on node? Last time i checked power necros are boned vs condi necros, unless they can kill them fast.Why would I be node sitting on a reaper? Reaper never sits on the node. You poke the scourge from range with a Axe then bull through with reaper shroud when the opportunity presents itself.

Archived