Tab Targeting (idea)

Taobella.6597

@Justine.6351 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:Take the identifying class off the tab target HuD. Part of the mystery in any PvP encounter should be identifying what you are fighting, rather than the game handing you that information on a silver platter.

That would be somewhat true if we wern't plastered with fancy glowy shiny skins.

Right, so you need to ID the opponent through used skills and such. Being able to do so from a player perspective demonstrates metagaming knowledge I am referring to in the previous response.

Now as it stands people can simply tab through to find the class they hard counter, then initiate - or run if they see its something that likely hard counters them. I wonder how many of these "I want more fights" folks on the forums would support not knowing what they are chasing initially.

So in smallscale that can often just mean you die to an opener combo.In largescale, gl knowing who is dropping shades and marks because there is practically no obvious caster animation afaik. In fact if you turn on low models and culling the animations turn generic looking it seems. Which is also a smallscale problem because using siege, rezzing and stomping all use the "chopping with the arm" animation. Its really kind of bad.

This is how it should be. It should be more of a gamble taking fights, rather than people tabbing through until they see the thing their build hard counters, then demolishing it.

Alot of forum bluster about wanting to force people to take fights as of late, but the same folks pull back on that in a hurry once they dont have the ability to SELECTIVELY take fights.It's not about "being selective", it's about knowing how to approach an engagement cause if taken wrong, you just die. But hey ok they can change it, guarantee we won't see you roaming short of it being a 5 Man group running over solo and duos. I'm not even sure how this will actually effect zerging now that I think of it, since they don't even use targeting and just smash all the aoe buttons in area command says.

Theres far more hedging and sandbagging happening here than people are willing to overtly admit.

lolwhat? I don't think even you know what that sentence is supposed to mean.

You just described being selective. Right after claiming its not about "being selective" ROFL

Uh...you were talking about taking fights or not...I am talking about how to take the fight, not if.

Can see its a pointless debate if you won't even read/understand what you are reading.

Kind of ironic you post this, in lieu of addressing anything I said. The counter argument obviously ran out of ammo. Typically the word smithing and accusations of reading comprehension fails, along with the term lawyering etc...begin when the counter argument is lifted out of the water, and leaks like a sieve.

I think some taking of your own advice is in order. Address the point made.

We already addressed (pages ago) the fact that both parties would have to be more cautious because they do not immediately know what they are dealing with. The forum PVP e-thugs who all claim they want to force people into fights (who also claim people are leaving over the mount lol) want to meta-select their easy prey targets. Its obvious for any objective lurker reading along. They couch their feedback that shouts down anything that would prevent them from being able to do so in other terms to hide this fact.

@Taobella.6597 said:i hate spam tab targeting to try find 1 class in a zerg.

can you add a key to the game open up sub panel on screen let me pick what class i want tab target to select first.

the way i would add it to UI is i hold tab for 2 seconds bring up class window in a circle to select from.

thought input suggestion on how it would break the game :).

Would be an interesting feature, but I could see where it might introduce additional latency depending on how it was created. If that were the case then I would side on what we have.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Oh the I'm so bad at the game I need a tab necro thread. Like make that easier. I can be with 3 7 15 others and if I'm the only necro every ranger on a wall invisible teef or anything bursty targets me. Even if i show up late i'm dodging a rapid fire or running around with a glowing sun on my noggin. Sure help this bad out.

Sorry. I admit if I am on a ranger, necro's are target one, say the same thing to my havoc, rangers on the necros. It's also one of the funniest forum debates about rangers in squads when they are great counters but people still don't want them. :)

But if it makes you feel better I expect rangers to target me when I am on my necro too. ;)

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Taobella.6597 said:i hate spam tab targeting to try find 1 class in a zerg.

can you add a key to the game open up sub panel on screen let me pick what class i want tab target to select first.

the way i would add it to UI is i hold tab for 2 seconds bring up class window in a circle to select from.

thought input suggestion on how it would break the game :).

Would be an interesting feature, but I could see where it might introduce additional latency depending on how it was created. If that were the case then I would side on what we have.

That is probably true i am not a coder but we could always do a weekly WvW test with it on an see if players like it or not. if it causes to much lag we can just scrap the idea.