2019 Christmas Art Contest Entry UPDATE:(In progress) 8/4/19 15-20,000G Snowman

My Guild Hall was going to be an exhibit of a entry for the 2019 Christmas Art Contest, due to the nature of the content. Due to previous entries I submitted, of previous castles in a guild hall that was stolen from me losing around 30,000 G worth of content, I had to start over from scratch and it appears anet used my idea from those entries for new decorations. However this didn't shake my resolve to complete a major project I have been dreaming of completing for around 3 yrs now.

My goal was to find a suitable location for a snowman that would stand 50 blocks high, but since theres a ceiling, and the snowman would literally stand so high it would touch the roof from the ground lvl I edited my 3D model I designed on my phone to only 32 blocks high, making the eyes of the snowman lvl with the castle and also conveniently making a clear path for a Jump Puzzle I intended to build that would have 2 levels of difficulty swirling up the inside of the snowman, and exiting the head of the snowman, with a miniature castle using Anets new castle decorations that would appear like a Crown atop the snowmans head at a distance.

The JP would continue to the castle, and out the other side into a much larger configuration suspended in the sky I don't wish to disclose. However due to a strict area cap limit, it has halted my progress of this project, and thus will be scrapped and turned into another interesting project if anet would so kindly increase the object cap limits by maybe 5-10 more items, it would be possible to complete. I would also be able to add further detail to the castle walls, and add a golden entry way or gate like I had originally designed but reached cap limits once again, severely limiting my artistic creativity. An idea for anet for new decorations could include a elegant golden gate that is interactive that lets you pass through the gate. Even stained glass walls or stained glass gates would beautiful. Also lamps, fire pits, and other sight lighted decorations actually illuminating the ground and area would be nice for once.

All in all, I love gw2, the support is amazing, and the detail of the gaming environment is well thought out. I wish anet would change some things with the Guild Halls :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqGC5YWaMqA&feature=youtu.be

It's a technical limitation dictated by the min specs/engine according to the devs.

It might change, but not before they raise the min specs advertised for the game and that wont happen just for guild halls alone, but when they need to push the game at large to a new level.

@Tiviana.2650 said:+1 for the music alone, i play gw2 to the soundtracks from TSFH lol. The music fits the game the best. I love the snowflakes and the idea of a snowman, shame it was too much.Thanks, ya it is a shame, but I have an amazing idea for the snow in the future that will become an interactive object later lol. Idk if it will count as a art entry but it will absolutely get posted here as a video.

@Randulf.7614 said:It's a technical limitation dictated by the min specs/engine according to the devs.

It might change, but not before they raise the min specs advertised for the game and that wont happen just for guild halls alone, but when they need to push the game at large to a new level.

That sheds some light on whats going on, thanks for the heads up. Kinda sucks but what can we do...ugh

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:I sit here staring at my monitor, COMPLETELY blown away with what you were attempting to create and with what you have created.

haha thank you :) Glad you enjoyed it. That's the whole reason I made it. It was fun to make too. The gold isn't the important part, its the enjoyment I see others get out of it.

UPDATE: Ive found a way around the object cap, after redesigning the snowman on my phone, and experimented on the actual snowman and it seems to function correctly for now, but we will see once I begin getting near the top of the snowman where blocks will be more condensed. Right now I'm using as many large blocks as I possibly can to refuse the number of objects in 1 area.

Note: Once I finish the snowman, I will post it on this column again, so Anet you better be keeping tabs lol.