Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gorkus.7496 said:UPDATE: All the suggestions were terrific. My second foray into WvW was far different than my first. T6 Participation, lots of pips, caps, chests and reward track.

Thanks again to everyone

Ty for letting us know. You are bigger than 99% of WvWers with this post alone.

o7

! Remember, don't be what the mode and everyone in it tells you to be,! be whatever the hell you want to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Justine.6351 said:

@Gorkus.7496 said:UPDATE: All the suggestions were terrific. My second foray into WvW was far different than my first. T6 Participation, lots of pips, caps, chests and reward track.

Thanks again to everyone

Ty for letting us know. You are bigger than 99% of WvWers with this post alone.

o7

! Remember, don't be what the mode and everyone in it tells you to be,! be whatever the hell you want to be.

How so?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Gorkus.7496 said:UPDATE: All the suggestions were terrific. My second foray into WvW was far different than my first. T6 Participation, lots of pips, caps, chests and reward track.

Thanks again to everyone

Ty for letting us know. You are bigger than 99% of WvWers with this post alone.

o7

! Remember, don't be what the mode and everyone in it tells you to be,! be whatever the hell you want to be.

How so?

Because any other WvWer would have just dismissed everything everyone else said and continued to complain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Justine.6351 said:

@Gorkus.7496 said:UPDATE: All the suggestions were terrific. My second foray into WvW was far different than my first. T6 Participation, lots of pips, caps, chests and reward track.

Thanks again to everyone

Ty for letting us know. You are bigger than 99% of WvWers with this post alone.

o7

! Remember, don't be what the mode and everyone in it tells you to be,! be whatever the hell you want to be.

How so?

Because any other WvWer would have just dismissed everything everyone else said and continued to complain.

I think 99% is a tad high lolI see some people actually take advice given (including myself), however I do understand where you are getting at

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gorkus.7496 said:

@Justine.6351 said:How do you get zero pips in an hour...Just kill some guards rofl.

I know. It was embarrassing and frustrating at the same time. But ya gotta start somewhere right?

It is hard when ur new and dont know what to do but there are some good suggestions here.

I remember when I started playing GW2... doing some stuff with guildies they ported somewhere and I only had a few copper, what a noob. I hadnt even figured out how to get gold yet and had to ask one of them to pay for me to teleport, which was like 1k.... lol how embarassing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One option is to offer scouting services. It might depend on the server but many servers will accpet scouts. All you need to do is set up some siege and report an enemies when they pay a visit. The commander can give you ... not sure what the English term is ... participation? So you'll get track advancement even while running around in a castle, setting up and tapping siege and looking out for enemies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps call out on Team Chat to other mountless players, start a old-school footrace party and work together on getting your mounts asap. Don't forget your guild enhancement, your boosters, and if you have it your enrichment infusion for extra WvW Reward track points per tick. Exp Booster, Celeb/Birthday booster, Black Lion Booster, all stack and you get the track done quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd Update: Yes Virginia that is a Warclaw on my lawn! As some have said, in the end, it wasn't too hard at all to get the Warclaw. Perhaps the biggest stumbling block was flipping the keep. But eventually, even that happens a bunch of times. In fact, I am having so much fun in WvW, I'm going to stop typing and get on my mount, Woody.

Thanks for all the help folks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gorkus.7496 said:2nd Update: Yes Virginia that is a Warclaw on my lawn! As some have said, in the end, it wasn't too hard at all to get the Warclaw. Perhaps the biggest stumbling block was flipping the keep. But eventually, even that happens a bunch of times. In fact, I am having so much fun in WvW, I'm going to stop typing and get on my mount, Woody.

Thanks for all the help folks!

Good to hear, and I am glad you are enjoying WvW. Now all it will take is 22 weeks to get your legendary armor!! (Well not quite but...)

Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone that still needs warclaw, when it was new my server's commanders gave scout participation to people that were there just to get warclaw and never intended to stay in WvW. It was mutually beneficial as people that were there without a clue to WvW (entitlement : "when are we flipping a keep? I need it for warclaw") would get out of WvW quicker and you can just park the generally noncontributing player in a keep/tower as a scout.Of course some people actually stayed in WvW with the intent of getting better and you get fresh blood that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Minus playing an extremely high mobility class, there are ways to get going in this:

  • go to the borderlands. Preferably the enemies. Flip the spawn camp, call out assist for spawn tower, kill sentries and kill yaks. You’ll be at T3+ quickly.
  • Once at T-4 ish, continually look for camps close you your spawns to flip or defend.
  • Kill the veteran creatures
  • Grab two or three others and flip towers.
  • If you get a chance to catch up to the Zerg, look for keeps they might attack. Those, on the BLs include the one closest to your spawn, or an enemy one close to upgrading.
  • Be prepared to die.. (even if it’s not fighting Inigo Montoya)
  • If you are determined to go to EBG, repair walls that are getting destroyed by catas. It’s a futile exercise, but you’ll get participation credit.

@Fish.2769 said:Not really that i've seen (EU). Most Commanders/group did tend to not use the Mount when it was first released so people could keep up etc... But since it's been out for so long, it's easier/quicker to just Mount up and roll out to Isengard.

Only real advice is play something with high mobility (Thief works, Shortbow) or work on getting your Mount ASAP.

@slashlizardy.9167 said:A squad commander can also provide participation, just whisper him/her to let them know you will be running everywhere.

@HtFde.3856 said:One option is to offer scouting services. It might depend on the server but many servers will accpet scouts. All you need to do is set up some siege and report an enemies when they pay a visit. The commander can give you ... not sure what the English term is ... participation? So you'll get track advancement even while running around in a castle, setting up and tapping siege and looking out for enemies.

@Ged Kealmen.7210 said:Perhaps call out on Team Chat to other mountless players, start a old-school footrace party and work together on getting your mounts asap. Don't forget your guild enhancement, your boosters, and if you have it your enrichment infusion for extra WvW Reward track points per tick. Exp Booster, Celeb/Birthday booster, Black Lion Booster, all stack and you get the track done quickly.

@"Infusion.7149" said:For anyone that still needs warclaw, when it was new my server's commanders gave scout participation to people that were there just to get warclaw and never intended to stay in WvW. It was mutually beneficial as people that were there without a clue to WvW (entitlement : "when are we flipping a keep? I need it for warclaw") would get out of WvW quicker and you can just park the generally noncontributing player in a keep/tower as a scout.Of course some people actually stayed in WvW with the intent of getting better and you get fresh blood that way.

@Gorkus.7496 said:2nd Update: Yes Virginia that is a Warclaw on my lawn! As some have said, in the end, it wasn't too hard at all to get the Warclaw. Perhaps the biggest stumbling block was flipping the keep. But eventually, even that happens a bunch of times. In fact, I am having so much fun in WvW, I'm going to stop typing and get on my mount, Woody.

Thanks for all the help folks!

I read the OP's problem. I read the advises. Some of them are quoted. I find this amazing - the community is doing more to bring new players into WvW (and to help them) even than ANet! If even a small team of ANet developers (2 or 3) will ever reach this level of love and understanding for the WvW problems, then, I think this mode will became the true star of this game.

Hat off for you, guys! All my respect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Few more tips for this: everything else went quite smoothly but keep achievement. I used bird-soulbeast to keep up with mounted party.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Also: to get the keep capture, weekly reset can be quite productive for that.

While waiting weekly reset:

  1. Note to myself: Stonemist Castle is not a keep, it is a castle. You can understand my frustration when I finally captured Stonemist castle just to see it didn't count for Warclaw D: You can understand my frustration even more, as while I was moving with zerg for castle (it was controlled by enemy), some other party went and took it, and then I needed to wait the enemy take it back, and then wait us to take it for us, and then I realized it was not a keep :'(
  2. One very good bet is to wait that someone takes a keep in your home borderlands. Of course, this does not happen often, because enemy has limited troops in your homeworld, but when it happens, the chances are that it is taken back very soon, even if it is not prime time.

EDIT: Yes, I waited keep flipping quite some time. It seems happen quite seldomly in EBG once the situation is stabilized, because enemy reinforcements are so near. It is rare that zergs go to enemy borderlands for keep, so you need to follow a tag for long time before that happens. Meanwhile, trying to camp in enemy borderlands waiting friendly zerg to come for keep is very boring, and you really can't see if keep is attacked at some other region (so you can just shrug shoulders when eventually one keep flips on enemy borderlands, it is just too late). So, after reset, keep your eye on your homeland keeps and if it flips, go waiting a zerg to take it back.

EDIT: BTW, I wouldn't mind if Stonemist Castle would also work as keep achievement, just because it tends to change owner much more frequently than keeps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@TamX.1870 said:Few more tips for this: everything else went quite smoothly but keep achievement. I used bird-soulbeast to keep up with mounted party.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Also: to get the keep capture, weekly reset can be quite productive for that.

While waiting weekly reset:
  1. Note to myself: Stonemist Castle is not a keep, it is a castle (you can understand my frustration when I finally captured Stonemist castle just to see it didn't count for Warclaw D:)
  2. One very good bet is to wait that someone takes a keep in your home borderlands. Of course, this does not happen often, because enemy has limited troops in your homeworld, but when it happens, the chances are that it is taken back very soon, even if it is not prime time.

And, if you can find maybe one or two people to help, the keeps in EOTM count as well

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish they would make the reward track shorter. I pretty much only ever WvW when I need a Gift of Battle, and while it was a pretty big pain to have to WvW before, now I can't ever even reach the action so I'm going to have to grind out another reward track just to be able to do my GoB reward track. It's... frustrating to say the least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:So, why again can't we have a Warclaw rental NPC??? I'm sure the coding for such an NPC would be close to an easy copy/paste, right?

Because noone buys skins or expansions for rented warclaws. They want WvW to be profitable and tbh we want that too. If it is they might want to put more interest in to the game mode. Allthough all those money they get through server swaps should be enough but it does not seem to be the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@mtpelion.4562 said:I just wish they would make the reward track shorter. I pretty much only ever WvW when I need a Gift of Battle, and while it was a pretty big pain to have to WvW before, now I can't ever even reach the action so I'm going to have to grind out another reward track just to be able to do my GoB reward track. It's... frustrating to say the least.

Probably just as frustrating or probably even less then it is for a wvw player who never player PvE having to do worldcompletion in PvE

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Just going to 2nd this. Came back to playing wvw after I dunno how long. The existence of mounts singlehandedly ruined the wvw experience for me =)

I can't play my core and HoT only accounts anymore, and I kinda don't want to work to get the mount on my main one anyway either. Oh well :#

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gorkus.7496 said:I'm a not so new player, but new to WvW. I tried yesterday for an hour and simply could not keep up with all the mounts to cap a thing. 1 hour = zero pips. Are there any guilds or groups that are doing WvW for those of us who don't have a warclaw yet? I know I can Git gud and all that, but it is none the less disheartening to always be late to the party. I'm sure others in this situation feel the same way.

how are you communicating with the com that you don't have mount? i don't know who among my team has it, but if they tell me they don't, i adjust and use run instead of mount.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Gorkus.7496 said:I'm a not so new player, but new to WvW. I tried yesterday for an hour and simply could not keep up with all the mounts to cap a thing. 1 hour = zero pips. Are there any guilds or groups that are doing WvW for those of us who don't have a warclaw yet? I know I can Git gud and all that, but it is none the less disheartening to always be late to the party. I'm sure others in this situation feel the same way.

how are you communicating with the com that you don't have mount? i don't know who among my team has it, but if they tell me they don't, i adjust and use run instead of mount.

Mounts are a strategic advantage for your server in wvw because of the mobility they provide. To sacrifice this for a few people who don't have mounts is not a good thing to do if you're serious about winning on any level at all. Personally, I don't want my server to do this for me even if it means I can't run with the zerg. Just my take on this.

Let's just blame Anet instead =) (jk)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@jdmThor.3806 said:

@Gorkus.7496 said:I'm a not so new player, but new to WvW. I tried yesterday for an hour and simply could not keep up with all the mounts to cap a thing. 1 hour = zero pips. Are there any guilds or groups that are doing WvW for those of us who don't have a warclaw yet? I know I can Git gud and all that, but it is none the less disheartening to always be late to the party. I'm sure others in this situation feel the same way.

how are you communicating with the com that you don't have mount? i don't know who among my team has it, but if they tell me they don't, i adjust and use run instead of mount.

Mounts are a strategic advantage for your server in wvw because of the mobility they provide. To sacrifice this for a few people who don't have mounts is not a good thing to do if you're serious about winning on any level at all. Personally, I don't want my server to do this for me even if it means I can't run with the zerg. Just my take on this.

Let's just blame Anet instead =) (jk)

well when ur winning in a very wide margin we can afford to rp walk :)

long term wise its better if everyone is geared well.

besides its so easy to have just 2 hours wvw

we talk about anet in coms. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...