Guild Wars (1 or 2) on another platform, such as Switch?

So hear me out: Let's say money is no object, and there are devs with free time to spare. Wouldn't it be awesome if we got something fresh/new to play with on a different platform?

The thing I've been dreaming about recently is recapturing my youth by having Guild Wars 1 on the Nintendo Switch. A lot of games that were as complex as GW1 if not more complex are on the Switch, (although GW1 would have some economy things to work out if put on Switch).

But I've also always thought it would be neat to have a trading post/inventory management/guild chat app as a companion app for taking bits and pieces of GW2 on the go.

I close this post by saying I realize most of this is unlikely, and I don't want to take any focus away from GW2 development, but I like to dream, so feel free to dream with me. What would you like to see

Will say stay on PC. I recently bought a Switch, a real scam. I play 3-4h with then have to recharge it 8-10h.... nice to have better graphics but it can't stay on more than 3h, welp... even my old DS is better LOL even game & watch!

Also I prefer PC because it has a bigger screen. Can better see what is happening.

@hugo.4705 said:Will say stay on PC. I recently bought a Switch, a real scam. I play 3-4h with then have to recharge it 8-10h.... nice to have better graphics but it can't stay on more than 3h, welp... even my old DS is better LOL even game & watch!

I think it's a perfect balance. I don't like to play games for too long, so when my Switch battery is low, I take a break and charge it. It doesn't take 8-10h to recharge, though, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

@Mea.5491 said:I don't have consoles and I absolutely hate mobile games, so PC master race!

Fair enough, sir/madam!

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Will say stay on PC. I recently bought a Switch, a real scam. I play 3-4h with then have to recharge it 8-10h.... nice to have better graphics but it can't stay on more than 3h, welp... even my old DS is better LOL even game & watch!

I think it's a perfect balance. I don't like to play games for too long, so when my Switch battery is low, I take a break and charge it. It doesn't take 8-10h to recharge, though, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

@Mea.5491 said:I don't have consoles and I absolutely hate mobile games, so PC master race!

Fair enough, sir/madam!

Mine should have a bug :o when 0% I gain 9-10% per hour. Thanks I think it has a problem. ^^

@Hesacon.8735 said:It's already available on Mac as well as computers, what more do you want?

GW1 isn't available on Mac. I already told you what more I want ;).

@DeanBB.4268 said:I have a retro Atari. Can I get GW on that?

I have a stone tablet, pls develop me gamez.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:My last console was a SEGA Genesis. I built my first PC in 1992 and have been PC ever since. I guess I'm going with what I know.

Makes sense.

@Randulf.7614 said:My switch back catalogue is enormous. I don’t need more games ?

Boo -- if you like the switch, you should be on my team. It would be awesome to have GW1 on switch. It'd go to the front of your backlog!

@ugrakarma.9416 said:i hate any mobile games.

Well you're no fun!

@"Roam.5208" said:ANet can barely keep GW2 running decently on PC, let alone a console. Maybe they should fix their broken engine before doing anything else.

"Let's say money is no object, and there are devs with free time to spare." <--- There's a setup for this scenario.

@hugo.4705 said:

Fair enough, sir/madam!

Mine should have a bug :o when 0% I gain 9-10% per hour. Thanks I think it has a problem. ^^

It does if what you describe is true and not exaggerated

Op in a dream scenario I’m def with you since in a dream scenario I also have no backlog ?

a console in matter of combat mechanics, will be not a problem, basically same stuff, but console adapted games have a small simplified GUI and other patterns, then enter the second problem, Anet seems have lots of dificult to deal with their GUI code, just notice any simple changes in GUI they take long time to make.

because of this GUI requirments most games adapted to consoles seems dumbed down to a PC user.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Fair enough, sir/madam!

It does if what you describe is true and not exaggerated

Op in a dream scenario I’m def with you since in a dream scenario I also have no backlog ?

YEAH! You're back on the squad.

In my opinion MMOs aren't made for consoles and should stay on PC. One reason is controls: a keyboard have much more "buttons" than controllers and can have a vast variety of keybindings. It simply won't work from a control design of perspective. And in case anyone's coming with FFXIV or ESO now: these doesn't have as much keybindings as respectable games like GW2 or WoW. Another reason is that you have to pay extra for online stuff on consoles these days. Why pay for something you can get for free on a system that outperforms any console in lenghts? Don't get me wrong, I don't hate consoles. I do in fact own a few but this whole online stuff in my opinion is getting out of hand. For me playing on console is mainly focusing on singleplayer or or when it comes to more than one players that type where you have everyone actually beside you. Maybe it's because I grew up with old console generations.
But to get back to the actual topic: I think there are more pressing matters at hand than a console port like for example a performance and engine overhaul so the game supports DX12 without a "mod" one of the players created. And see? That's another point why it won't work on consoles because it can't run properly on any PC. Why would it work on a console that is much weaker than a PC then?

I would rather just see GW1 be available to download for offline play. With all the heroes we can hire, it is easily a single player game, and my connection sucks (Globe in the Philippines is worse than AT&T in the US! ha ha). I would like a GW1 emulator, or downloadable.