Feelings about the legendary runes/sigils

Legendary runes are fine. They are longterm goals. The mystic clovers are meh, but I can live with that.

The UI however? I cant live with that. Ill wait if deltaconnected will add them to his buildtemplates... or for anet to release functional buildtemplates themselves. Ive never seen something so.... unwieldy... unfunctional... clunky... like that UI change.

Quite a few ppl voiced my opinion here. Price and no auras are just fine. It's the horrific UX that's making us scream. I could design better myself.Wait i take that back. I already designed better one, when not being able to enjoy my bath in peace, thinking how cumbersome and overbloated the current "solution" is.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Ototo.3214 said:I understand that they are a legendary and legendaries are expensive, but as you said, legendaries also have the added bonus of visual effects/skins/etc. That's a huge reason that people make legendaries and without it these are essentially a half legendary, so they shouldn't cost as much as a full legendary. I'd honestly be fine with either lowering the cost and leaving them without an aura, or actually giving them an aura and not touching the crafting method. Doubt anything will change but that's just my 2 cents.

The sigils cost ~500g or two for 1000g, which is roughly half the cost of legendary weapons. The runes cost ~450-475g, which is currently around 30% more than the cost of legendary armor pieces.

Still seems like a bit much on the runes in particular. I'm fine with that price on sigils since you only need 2 for 1 weapon slot, and that does make it about half the price of the legendary weapon they could go with. But a rune costing more than a piece of armor? Granted, they did make it so a full set of armor is like 1 legendary weapon -ish, so maybe that's why we see the runes as overpriced. But a set of 6 runes is what? 2700 gold at 450 each? That's more than many legendary weapons.

Both runes and armor require gifts of craftsman.Legendary armor is gated behind either a long timegates in wvw and spvp, or full clearing all raids for two weeks if its your second set or completing a long collection if it your first set while also clearing all raid. It also requires 500 in your armor crafting profession.Runes require 75 in a armor crafting profession.

That is why they cost more than legendary armor.

the most expensive Sigil is bout 8g, and Runes about 6gwith the amount of gold needed to craft a full set (2 sigils, 6 runes) for a toon? might as well use the gold for perma extractor...

i feel the price target for legendary ruin and sigil for a full set should be aimed around 300-500g price range to make it worth while

I think what they probably should have done with the crafting process design is you need to craft every single rune/sigil in game, then purchase something like a mystical binding agent to turn them into a single rune/sigil; not only will it help to flush out the excess supplies on TP, but it actually makes it worthwhile to craft these 'useless runes' consider by most players, and a reason to run dungeons

and hell no, no auras, there's way too much light pollutions already

Couldn't care less about them at the moment, eventually i will get them at whatever the cost. You want something then pay for it at whatever the cost, or take the long road and earn it.As for Aura/Effects no way, to much flashing bs going on with weapons/infusions/mounts.

• 3 weeks later...