2v2/3v3 Queue?

Caysadia.7405

Last year, arenanet had their 2v2 tournament, and I cant speak for anyone else but for me the whole concept drastically improved my enjoyment of the game. Working with my buddy to create the optimal 2v2, and just having fun in the best part of gw2, the combat, and it got me thinking. The game's old, and at this point conquest is pretty much tried and tested. There's nothing neccesarily wrong with the mode, but it's been pretty much the only mode. What if anet added a 2v2/3v3 arena in the style of WoW? Maybe not single round, but a Bo3 quick match that focuses on what gw2 does best, the combat, with its own ladder and all. I feel gw2 as a whole lacks that quick, dirty combat option, the closest thing being hotjoins or the HoTM moshpit. I feel like it would breathe some life into the mode, even if its only for a little bit.

People been asking for this since day one....thats why we had the 2v2 tournament last November.why they havnt brought it back is only because they dont care about this side of the game(pvp). If they did the proff would be in the game and well have access to 2v2/3v3 and more.Im convinced that the developers all of them just dont care about pvp and if they could get ride of pvp they would..the proff is in the developemnt of pvp it self.

I think they have said before that they don't want to split the queue times since conquest already has a low pop. I think they are missing a huge opportunity by not making more frequent 2v2 and/or 3v3 ATs though. Personally speaking, I only play WvW because I don't particularly enjoy conquest, but I would absolutely love having a 2v2 AT I can join in on every day with a friend.

Know how they have a little check box on unranked for Conquest and Stronghold? All they had to do was add a 2v2 unranked queue and see how things go from there.

If people can't queue into a match whenever they want outside of ATs, no one is going to touch it and less people are going to practice it.

If a-net is going "oh, well we gave them 2v2s ATs, and it didn't generate enough hype", that is because they are doing it wrong.If conquest died; Good. The game type didn't deserve to survive if it's now unplayable because people were given a new option and retained players.