thoughts and suggestions for the sPvP

Crozame.4098

First of all, I think it is very good that ANET decided to ban CI temporarily from PvP. I think this is a good strategy in general. I am not talking about one particular skill or class, although in this case it affects mirage. But imagine in the next balance patches, ANET creates something else that is broken, we need not to wait for months again. Therefore, I really appreciate this new strategy of offering "hot fixes".

Second, maybe provide some pvp tips on loading screens. WOW did this very long time ago (level cap 70). But I am not sure it still does it. But I think good tips from ANET is much better than other sources. The reason is that sPvP in GW2 is relatively harder than for example WOW. The reason is that a) in WOW arena is team based and people communicate all the time. b) it is not only about mechanical kills, also about matchups and map rotation. Even more, map rotation is also situational, which depends on the map, enemy comp, and the points. This seems making tips impossible, but ANET can at least make some very general statements: For example. It is bad to run into 1v3. Or as a support it is bad to help another support on the enemy held node. Or, sometimes it is better to giveup the node and kite around and hence live longer. I remember some good players posed a thread on this, which is very nice.

Third is about match making. I agree with ANET that should not ban class swapping. But it might be a good idea to ban players to choose healing related traits, amulets, especially when both teams have at least one necro. I encounter many cases in which both teams have 1-2 scourges but only one team has a support FB, and the other team has a core guardian. In this case, skill rating does not matter much anymore. The team with the FB has a huge advantage. Of course, if one team has 1-2 scourges and a FB, but the other team has more mobility, then its fine.

And last, to reduce wintrading. Please ban core accounts in ranked. Of course, I have no issues with core profession, just core accounts.

@Crozame.4098 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Support fb in ranked isn't really good. Necros are even worse.

Still, I prefer my team has scourge + FB and the other team has scourge + core guardian.

I guess it depends on map and rating. On maps like khylo and legacy, I'd probably take an fb over a core guard. On forest I would most definitely go for the core.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Support fb in ranked isn't really good. Necros are even worse.

Still, I prefer my team has scourge + FB and the other team has scourge + core guardian.

I guess it depends on map and rating. On maps like khylo and legacy, I'd probably take an fb over a core guard. On forest I would most definitely go for the core.

it also depends whether other teammembers know how to rotate, but at p1/p2, still many players dont know how to rotate the map. For example, many players know should play sides, fail to notice its not about playing sides, but to move fast when there is a teamfight. So its not only about sides, but disengage whenever the FB adn Scourge are present, and try to out rotate, in this case, its rotating fast among all the nodes, not only sides.