Global PvP

Whitworth.7259

Would it ever be feasible to join the EU and NA communities and have a global PvP community?

I understand that there's always going to be the issue of ping. It would take some serious investment in upgrading servers to overcome it. The population just feels so low at the moment, bringing the whole community together would go a long way to helping with the matchmaking issues. I seem to play with the same handful of players over and over. It can even reach a stage where you know the match is going to be a blow out just because one team has a person you know to be of lower rating. Increasing the player pool is going to start giving fairer matches. In an ideal world this is what I'd like to see happen.

Unless they could balance ping between NA and EU, and I mean keeping it relatively low for all of us and equalized, this would cause way more problems than it would help.

I had recently tried to swap to EU during s17. It was true that match quality was better, a lot better actually. But it was all in vain because my ping went from 70 in NA to 200+ in EU. When you have ping hovering between 200 and 250 average, things like Bull's Charge will skip animations and look like a teleport to you instead of a gap closer, your skills get significant delay in activation, lots of wonky things start happening. You can't play competitively with that kind of lag.

This is how much of a difference that lag makes:

• A player normally plays 1600 with 70 ping in NA.
  • If his NA ping were 200+ however, he would quickly drop and begin playing more around 1450-1500.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This is how much of a difference that lag makes:
  • A player normally plays 1600 with 70 ping in NA.
  • If his NA ping were 200+ however, he would quickly drop and begin playing more around 1450-1500.

You now know how Aust/NZ/Oceania players feel. I think I'm lucky if my ping is only 250As for the OP's suggestion: can't see why it couldn't be made an option. Similar to choosing a WvW server.

Idk why but I feel Na players get a much higher ping playing on Eu than I do being Eu playing on Na. I know a few on Na from Eu and we all get around 100-120 some less and it’s not always perfect but don’t notice the difference around 99% of the time. But when I was on Eu most Na players I met had ping of 130-200