I really want to know how developers play pvp.

huluobo.7036

Well, devs do not need to be a highly skilled pvpers to balance the game. People assume skill = understanding balance, it is not. After all, Tom Brady does set the NFL rules.

Though, I do expect devs to perform detailed testing and respond to issues fast. They do neither. On top, they rarely perform detailed work to understand why something is an issue. That is why most resolutions end up breaking more stuff.

@otto.5684 said:Well, devs do not need to be a highly skilled pvpers to balance the game. People assume skill = understanding balance, it is not. After all, Tom Brady does set the NFL rules.

Though, I do expect devs to perform detailed testing and respond to issues fast. They do neither. On top, they rarely perform detailed work to understand why something is an issue. That is why most resolutions end up breaking more stuff.

No Capcom developer has ever won a Street Fighter tournament.

@otto.5684 said:Well, devs do not need to be a highly skilled pvpers to balance the game. People assume skill = understanding balance, it is not. After all, Tom Brady does set the NFL rules.

True but Anet seems to lack in both currently (it wasn't like that during vanilla, a lot of base balance that didn't get destroyed by hot of pof balance still makes sense and still is balanced, one of the biggest things Anet never got right is the relation between passive sustain and dmg output, core dd cele ele as example and the design of condis). The lack of both, pvp experience and game understanding, lead in the few devs playing pvp do it in maybe gold or lower then communicte all the gold and lower propaganda together with the forum propaganda which mostly is just on that lvl to the balance team and voila we get balance dumping down classes instead make it more skillbased, nerfing the wrong things, making builds unplayable without even addressing the right things. In short: balance for the casual and low skilled player wanna spam skills and get rewarded even when lack mechanical skill, awareness and with a deep wish of not facing anything that needs skill to play (so can't carry them) but also not facing anything needs skill to play against (so will rekt them).