Can we expect any new skyscale skins soon?

What im trying to say is, i would like something with a different look. Im not crazy about the mounts looks its face in particular is kinda fugo. I was hoping for some skins added to the adoption too, maybe something like this...http://www.centralpagwc.com/HersheyProjects/Keira/Dragon.jpg

Or maybe you can just elongate the snout, it looks like a pug, like somebody smashed it with a skillet. Sadly i wont buy the mount pack for it since they all have that smooshed ugly head. Please consider the look of the head, its not attractive at all. Not even in a menacing way

The answer to your question depends on two conditions:

1. Are there enough active players with the Skyscale to justify another skin?
  2. Are the sales for the last two skins (one is a set of 5) healthy enough to push for a third one?

If the answers are no or not really, then very unlikely there will be more, at least not so soon. And, even if there is going to be one, 99% chance that it will be from RNG gambling.

I suspect next time they release an adoption/select licence 'pack' it will include some skyscale skins.

I'm happy with the skins I've got for now, but I'd like to see what else they come up with and certainly wouldn't rule out getting others. I'm also looking forward to the next pack being released because I'm hoping for a primeval raptor. I'd like a primeval skyscale too.

@Mil.3562 said:The answer to your question depends on two conditions:

2. Are the sales for the last two skins (one is a set of 5) healthy enough to push for a third one?

If the answers are no or not really, then very unlikely there will be more, at least not so soon. And, even if there is going to be one, 99% chance that it will be from RNG gambling.

I think the answer to number 2 is actually not true. The skins were not well received by the general populace, but there was enough complaint about the skins and how they were offered for Anet to realize that they can't just through a few average skins together in a package with one decent skin and expect people to spring for the package. Of every mount skin I've seen in the cash shop, and I love mount skins and have most of them, that pack was my biggest disappointment. I did buy the first skyscale skin however.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:A quick look at the Roller Beetle says were should be happy we got a handful of skins so fast already

Hey hey hey we aren’t giving up on those either! We still need more beetle, warclaw, and skyscale skins to catch them up to the original mounts. It gives me great OCD to have such mismatched proportions

@Ayakaru.6583 said:A quick look at the Roller Beetle says were should be happy we got a handful of skins so fast already

They did add the star and primeval skins for the beetle, so that's a sign we can reasonably hope for skyscale equivalents, but otherwise... yeah. 11 beetle skins vs 25+ for the original mounts. And only one, maaaaybe two skins that significantly alter its overall form, which is what the OP seems to want for the skyscale (and which we've already got one of in the shimmerwing).

The axejaw skin does have a slightly different head, though - did you not like that one OP?

Well then i guess dont expect much. I didnt think i was going to get the skyscale when they did the shimmerwing. I just got the mount a few days ago. My biggest complaint with it is its head, thats the ugliest face in the game on a mount. You would think for all the effort required to get it , the face would at least be decent, the body is fine. Honestly i wish they would just elongate the snout a little, and do something with its terrible teeth. Its seriously looks like my aunts ugly pug.

@Mil.3562 said:The answer to your question depends on two conditions:

How do you see how many have the achievement riding skyscales, gw2 efficiency used to , but its not working for me anymore.

@Danikat.8537 said:I suspect next time they release an adoption/select licence 'pack' it will include some skyscale skins.

I'm happy with the skins I've got for now, but I'd like to see what else they come up with and certainly wouldn't rule out getting others. I'm also looking forward to the next pack being released because I'm hoping for a primeval raptor. I'd like a primeval skyscale too.

I would have bought that pack in a heartbeat if it didnt have that ugly puggly face. I really want a different face , even an eastern themed dragon type would be nice. More serpent dragon.

@Danikat.8537 said:I suspect next time they release an adoption/select licence 'pack' it will include some skyscale skins.

This is what I'm thinking. Part of me wonders if said license will include Warclaw skins, but I highly doubt it, given there are many PvE players who don't have/use a Warclaw, and just as many WvW only players who only use the Warclaw, and wouldn't want a Raptor skin, etc.

I mean, we have about 20 skins for each of the mounts released in PoF, late 2017. We currently have 6 skins for the Skyscale, a mount that was released 3 months ago. Need to keep things in perspective :)

@Etria.3642 said:They realllly need more warclaw skins. I hate using the default but didn't even feel neutral about any in the pack. I wouldn't mind a starry/primeval Skyscale, either!

I would love this, too, but kind of doubt they will ever include one in a mount skin RNG pack, because of people who will blow up because they don't WVW and got stuck with a skin they will never use.

There has to be new Skyscale skins soon. I have basically changed to Skyscale as my all purpose mount and griffon as my quick mount. A lot of the other skins have lost their value for me. I assume I am not the only one, so I would expect to see at least one more Skyscale package.

@"Tiviana.2650" said:What im trying to say is, i would like something with a different look. Im not crazy about the mounts looks its face in particular is kinda fugo. I was hoping for some skins added to the adoption too, maybe something like this...http://www.centralpagwc.com/HersheyProjects/Keira/Dragon.jpg

Or maybe you can just elongate the snout, it looks like a pug, like somebody smashed it with a skillet. Sadly i wont buy the mount pack for it since they all have that smooshed ugly head. Please consider the look of the head, its not attractive at all. Not even in a menacing way

The 2000 gem premium skin changes Skyscale into a more European style dragon with butterfly wings.. and there is one skin in the Skyscale mount pack that does change the shape of the head and horns, the Axejaw.Problem is you need 2000 gems to access either of those skins and if you're unwilling to invest the money or gold then that is a problem.

I'm starting to find that the mount skin licences are getting really messy.. this is largely in part to the addition of new mounts.. Warclaw, Rollar Beetle and Skyscale.And also themed skin sets that are broken up due to the various different licences and the addition of new mounts.

For example there is no Branded Rollar Beetle.. I personally need this one to complete my set of Primordus themed Branded mounts.There are only 3/8 Exalted mount skins, 2/7 Sand Souled, 5/8 of the themed Haloween, WIntersday, Awakened etc..This actually bugs me a lot tbh because it makes the mounts feel incomplete.. an extention in fact of many of Gw2's various armor set potential that remains incomplete.I believe we have exalted gloves and shoulders but no chest helm, boots or legs.. we have Mursaat Brogans and back but no other armour, Abaddon's helm but no awesome set to go with it, shadow of the dragon helm, shoulders and gloves but nothing else, Dragonscale helm and shoulders but nothing else.This is annoying tbh, there could easily be some awesome sets based on the themes of those armours, specially when some of them have full themed weapon sets to go with them.Then there's the huge hole in the story itself due to the missing Living world season 1 content.It all adds up and makes the game feel pretty incomplete at times.. and the focus only on new content does make it seem like Anet just don't care about all these holes in their game sometimes.

It would be nice if they set aside some small teams to work on completing some of these armor sets, mount sets and of course a team to finally remaster living world 1 as replayable content.I don't mind having to buy gems to get some of these things like the mount skins etc, just get them in the game :)My Primordus mounts need completing.. My Geomancer needs a full set of sand mounts.. My Revenant needs a complete set of misty ghost like Mad realm mounts ^^

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

This is what I'm thinking. Part of me wonders if said license will include Warclaw skins, but I highly doubt it, given there are many PvE players who don't have/use a Warclaw, and just as many WvW only players who only use the Warclaw, and wouldn't want a Raptor skin, etc.

I mean, we have about 20 skins for each of the mounts released in PoF, late 2017. We currently have 6 skins for the Skyscale, a mount that was released 3 months ago. Need to keep things in perspective :)

Actually I think the reason you stated for no warclaw skins is a reason they would do it. If they’re willing to add how many endless versions of mount that’s nothing but dye channels, they’re willing to add a mount that some people may not care about. It’s the perfect way to get PvE only people to buy more licenses. It’s not unreasonable for them to include skins for any mount in a pack, but also you have to buy more random licenses before you may get whatever PvE mount Skin you want

I still need my exo-suit-beetle and my exo-suit-skyscale. And NO will not pay 2000 gems. Packs were at 2000 gems but was for 5 mounts, so 1 mount worth 400 gems, no more. If those two are added separately will pay 800, 1000 if I'm in goldy mood. Keep 2000 for exclusive but not for the additional ones filling the holes.