Deadeye Stolen Skills Discussion

Elxdark.9702

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@caveman.5840 said:really the only stolen deadeye skills I care about are

-Steal Defenses - aegis and poison-Steal Time - quickness and slow

rest feel anywhere from way to situational to just dull and lack utility

There are not oriented towards power builds as far as damage goes as evidenced by the low damage each skill does. It my belief that given each stolen skill has boon/condition tese skills were what ANET decided would favor the Condition builds in the DE spec.

I do not find myself using the skills much when I am on a power build given 90 percent of all the traits in the DE spec are bossting power damage and the entire Malice concept is for power (or hybrid ). When I play condition with DE spec however it much different and you no not tend to trait things like revelaed malice, silent scope, malificent seven or be quick or be killed. They do not do anything for you. So you go for what is left and these are peripheral Vision and fire for effect.

Trust me when you take these traits and can marry them to a Condition build , the Stolen skills are much more meaningful.

I can down scourges at range just using the stolen skill I get off them. You can just layer those bleeds on and stay out of range of their counters via kiting or dropping to stealth.

You can give your teamates significant heals , in one fight going through the log I had a 1800 heal go out to three seperate teamates with a single use of Steal health.

The Enigneer one (steal durability) is huge and one of my favorites as you can load up with protection even as you stack up Vuln on the enemy this giving you 20 percent more damage from either conditions OR power builds if you trait improv. That steal can not be warded off with projectile hate. This one should be very useful in power builds as you ted to stack your malice so can expect excellent durations iwhtout having any expertise or concentration.

The Ranger stolen skill gives seconds of superspeed to you and your team as well as Imobbing an opponent. I have used this to catch up to fleeing people from 1500 units away. With cast, run shoot with bow , cast run shoot with bow. If you still not caught up, mercy reset and repeat.

The only one I am MEH about is the Thief one although having those blinds on hand can be useful. The thing is you just have to know when it a proper time to use the stolen skill. Sometimes you bank it, or use them over a period of time. Other times you spam them quickly , especially if they the damage ones and you noticed the enemy just cleansing.

I played condition with daredevil traited before and that line did not add a heck of a lot for said build. Impaling lotus was the only trait that was specific to conditions and was counterproductive to p/d as dodging while stealthed would reveal which is not great for a build that relies on stealth as its major source of conditions. I then went Core and was doing well enough until the DE spec came around. I tested it and was not too impressed that first go round as far as Condition was concerned until i started looking more into those stolen skills. In the Core or Daredevil thie there few of the stolen skills I used a lot. Sometimes I would do the steal and never use them (outside mesmer and the old thief one and gunk). With the New stolen skills I am using them all the time and my overall damage has went up.

• 1 month later...

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Asur.9178 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:All I see from you is crying In each and every thread. I do not expect anything less.

Sure.

You actually do cry about DE in every thread. Just saying.

Sure.

Don't make a thread about DE if you don't want my consistent opinion on DE. It's trash.

You can try defend a trash spec all you want, but at the end of the day, it'll still be trash.

@Asur.9178 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Asur.9178 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:All I see from you is crying In each and every thread. I do not expect anything less.

Sure.

You actually do cry about DE in every thread. Just saying.

Sure.

Don't make a thread about DE if you don't want my consistent opinion on DE. It's trash.

You can try defend a trash spec all you want, but at the end of the day, it'll still be trash.

That's great, but people stop caring after they hear the same thing for the 15th time. You may be entitled to your opinion, but you are not the arbiter of class balance or design. The Deadeye spec is optional so you don't have to play it. But expecting it to work the way you want it to is asinine. THAT you are not entitled to. Go join the profession design team if that's what you want, but crying all over the place is annoying and does nothing productive.

@Zacchary.6183 said:That's great, but people stop caring after they hear the same thing for the 15th time. You may be entitled to your opinion, but you are not the arbiter of class balance or design. The Deadeye spec is optional so you don't have to play it. But expecting it to work the way you want it to is asinine. THAT you are not entitled to. Go join the profession design team if that's what you want, but crying all over the place is annoying and does nothing productive.

That's great. It's a good thing I don't say the same thing huh.

Blindly defending a trash spec isn't productive either, simply because you enjoy pew pew pew in open world PvE (it's a joke mode).

@Asur.9178 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:That's great, but people stop caring after they hear the same thing for the 15th time. You may be entitled to your opinion, but you are not the arbiter of class balance or design. The Deadeye spec is optional so you don't have to play it. But expecting it to work the way you want it to is asinine. THAT you are not entitled to. Go join the profession design team if that's what you want, but crying all over the place is annoying and does nothing productive.

Blindly defending a trash spec isn't productive either, simply because you enjoy pew pew pew in open world PvE (it's a joke mode).

If we boiled down a majority of your comments on the DE, they would all be the same. You think DE sucks for the umpteenth time. Yay.

But saying I am blindly defending this spec is also asinine. The fact is most of the people who bitch on the thief forums these days, more often than not, have little clue what they are talking about. They expect a single target spec to have tons of aoe. They expect a long ranged spec to be good at close range. They expect a slow-paced spec to be quick. It's no wonder these people can't excel on it. In the end, it isn't the spec. It's the people who refuse to adapt their gameplay. I, meanwhile, have been theorycrafting and giving advice to these dense motherkitteners since PoF pre-launch. It all goes on deaf ears, though, and I expect it because meta kiddies are not going to venture far from their precious meta. At which point, I say "Bye Felicia" and let them enjoy their tiny +1 bot crown in the all scourge meta.

This isn't like 4 years ago when things got nerfed because some facerolling warrior scrub screamed in all caps on Black Gate's map chat about how a thief hit them for 5k. We now get buffs and addons that mostly match what we asked for months prior and only get nerfed if the mountains of salt and math dictate it or people are using things as they were not intended. None of you know what a real nerf feels like.

Here is some light reading on that subject: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/Dec-10th-thief-changes/first

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Asur.9178 said:

If we boiled down a majority of your comments on the DE, they would all be the same. You think DE sucks for the umpteenth time. Yay.

But saying I am blindly defending this spec is also asinine. The fact is most of the people who kitten on the thief forums these days, more often than not, have little clue what they are talking about. They expect a single target spec to have tons of aoe. They expect a long ranged spec to be good at close range. They expect a slow-paced spec to be quick. It's no wonder these people can't excel on it. In the end, it isn't the spec. It's the people who refuse to adapt their gameplay. I, meanwhile, have been theorycrafting and giving advice to these dense motherkitteners since PoF pre-launch. It all goes on deaf ears, though, and I expect it because meta kiddies are not going to venture far from their precious meta. At which point, I say "Bye Felicia" and let them enjoy their tiny +1 bot crown in the all scourge meta.

This isn't like 4 years ago when things got nerfed because some facerolling warrior scrub screamed in all caps on Black Gate's map chat about how a thief hit them for 5k. We now get buffs and addons that mostly match what we asked for months prior and only get nerfed if the mountains of salt and math dictate it or people are using things as they were not intended. None of you know what a real nerf feels like.

Here is some light reading on that subject:

You're not blind, but everyone else is deaf...sure.

@Asur.9178 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Asur.9178 said:

But saying I am blindly defending this spec is also asinine. The fact is most of the people who kitten on the thief forums these days, more often than not, have little clue what they are talking about. They expect a single target spec to have tons of aoe. They expect a long ranged spec to be good at close range. They expect a slow-paced spec to be quick. It's no wonder these people can't excel on it. In the end, it isn't the spec. It's the people who refuse to adapt their gameplay. I, meanwhile, have been theorycrafting and giving advice to these dense motherkitteners since PoF pre-launch. It all goes on deaf ears, though, and I expect it because meta kiddies are not going to venture far from their precious meta. At which point, I say "Bye Felicia" and let them enjoy their tiny +1 bot crown in the all scourge meta.

Here is some light reading on that subject:

You're not blind, but everyone else is deaf...sure.

You main Mirage now, but you still are in the thief forums complaining about deadeye... sure.

@Zacchary.6183 said:You main Mirage now, but you still are in the thief forums complaining about deadeye... sure.

I didn't know that there was such a rule that prevented me from talking about a class and its flaws if I were playing another class more often currently.

If anything, I'm pretty sure it puts me in a better position to have balance discussions if I'm playing multiple classes, as opposed to a single class...because it allows me to avoid biases. Perhaps you should try it. While at it, try a different mode than sticking to only open world PvE, especially if you plan to continue discussing balance problems.

Archived