If Scrapper can get -300 vitality, why not +stat?

Curennos.9307

Just a thought. Would be nice to see, for example, DD get +vit and/or toughness so they can run a more durable amulet, which would let anet adjust various other things about the spec (such as shifting durability a little bit, trimming evades for ex while still retaining overall brawliness).

Same for the others. Zerker got -toughness (for unfathomable reasons, but w/e) - it'd be fair to add some vit to the same trait. I still think scrapper's -300 vitality is horrendously stupid, but balancing it out with +300 toughness would be interesting

@Curennos.9307 said:Just a thought. Would be nice to see, for example, DD get +vit and/or toughness so they can run a more durable amulet, which would let anet adjust various other things about the spec (such as shifting durability a little bit, trimming evades for ex while still retaining overall brawliness).

Same for the others. Zerker got -toughness (for unfathomable reasons, but w/e) - it'd be fair to add some vit to the same trait. I still think scrapper's -300 vitality is horrendously stupid, but balancing it out with +300 toughness would be interesting

Scrapper has -Vit for the same reason Zerk has -toughness. Anet wants to encourage a certain playstyle with scrapper so that you generate barrier through doing constant damage to supplement your lost vitality. Zerk got -toughness to encourage it to play aggressively while in berserker mode, but also to make it easier to stop of it burns all of its attacks needlessly.

I'm fine with adding a way to restore that lost vitality for scrapper, just like Zerker has a way to get its toughness back. But, also like zerker, scrapper should be forced to take a hit to something else if it chooses to do so. Zerker, as a DPS spec, can get toughness restored if it gives up its damage boosting traits. Scrapper, as a defensive spec, should get its barrier gen reduced or give up access to something sustainy traitwise if it wants the vit back.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"Curennos.9307" said:Just a thought. Would be nice to see, for example, DD get +vit and/or toughness so they can run a more durable amulet, which would let anet adjust various other things about the spec (such as shifting durability a little bit, trimming evades for ex while still retaining overall brawliness).

Scrapper has -Vit for the same reason Zerk has -toughness. Anet wants to encourage a certain playstyle with scrapper so that you generate barrier through doing constant damage to supplement your lost vitality. Zerk got -toughness to encourage it to play aggressively while in berserker mode, but also to make it easier to stop of it burns all of its attacks needlessly.

I'm fine with adding a way to restore that lost vitality for scrapper, just like Zerker has a way to get its toughness back. But, also like zerker, scrapper should be forced to take a hit to something else if it chooses to do so. Zerker, as a DPS spec, can get toughness restored if it gives up its damage boosting traits. Scrapper, as a defensive spec, should get its barrier gen reduced or give up access to something sustainy traitwise if it wants the vit back.

You forgot that when bererk loses toughness he gain power and condition 300 of each stat. Its not like they have nothing in return.Meanwhile chrono lost everything for garbage 105s cd "shatter" that took over distortion.(and they made its dead in competitive game modes,u'm not saying berserk is fine either)Can we apply the same logic on photon forge,shades,fullcounter with a 105s cd on each?:D

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"Curennos.9307" said:Just a thought. Would be nice to see, for example, DD get +vit and/or toughness so they can run a more durable amulet, which would let anet adjust various other things about the spec (such as shifting durability a little bit, trimming evades for ex while still retaining overall brawliness).

You forgot that when bererk loses toughness he gain power and condition 300 of each stat. Its not like they have nothing in return.Meanwhile chrono lost everything for garbage 105s cd "shatter" that took over distortion.(and they made its dead in competitive game modes,u'm not saying berserk is fine either)Can we apply the same logic on photon forge,shades,fullcounter with a 105s cd on each?:D

Zerk also lost Adrenaline access unless in berserk mode/ access to burst skills outside of berserk and access to level 2 and 3 tiers of burst permanently, all of which were a large part of their sustain, so...

all the specs are getting shafted here, I wouldnt consider scrapper and chrono reworks to be any worse than zerker as it stands now.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Zerk also lost Adrenaline access unless in berserk mode and access to burst skills, both of which were a large part of their sustain, so...As I suggested once I believe, activating their berserk mode count as tier 3 level burst so running a defense procs AH. If you are talking about this kind of "sustain".I dont think berserk is fine either.Can you prove me chrono havent got double trade(one of things they took away was that made mesmer work in the first place and that any other class specific resource and be destroyed before you had a chance to make use of it) off while gained nothing ?