7 years Anniversary - Core Events still bugged

@Hashberry.4510 said:

@Rasimir.6239 said:It might also be a case of bugs so obscure that tracking and fixing them takes an unproportionate amount of resources. Software can be complex to the point that stuff like that happens. Compared to the amount of events in this game it seems to me to be a very small subset of events that keep breaking, while I remember a lot of others fixed over the years. Would be interested to hear from a developer that tried to analyze the events in question, but then again I'm not even sure if explaining to us why they can't track those specific problems would really be a good use of their time.

Thats not the probleme here. bugs get found and reported by players but anet does not fix them. Why? i think because they have not the man power to fix them.

That's not really how it goes. You can know where something occurs, but that doesn't mean it's going to be easy to find out why. Since those events are core content, they likely exist for such a long time it simply isn't worth getting a dev to look into what might take a few hours just to fix a bug that may or may not be extremely rare. So yes, some things just aren't worth fixing.

This line of thinking has infected industry all over. Software engineering has gotten away with it for so long people just accept it everywhere.

You hit the nail on the head Hashberry!!!! And people excusing them only enable the devs to continue to the practice.

I don't mind broken events per se, it can happen, you cannot think of every single eventuality, and as the game changes (more features are added, etc), new eventualities do pop up. But I do hate it when it's an event that is needed for progress. Be it map progress, story progress or achievement progress. Right now, I cannot progress Meteorlogicus III as either https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Clear_the_field_of_wurms_and_wurm_mounds_for_the_cow_race or https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Put_on_a_cow_disguise_and_demonstrate_techniques_to_the_cows is "temporary turned off"

@Khisanth.2948 said:That might be the case but a lot of broken events fall under either 'X enemies or things needs to be killed or destroyed but one somehow goes missing' or 'X needs to be killed or destroyed but is nowhere to be found'. They also continue to pop up in new content as well which means they will probably continue to show up in future content as well. Seems like something worth fixing ... as in getting to the root of the problem as not patching holes as they appear.

And actually shouldn't even be too difficult to fix. Simply add a time, after which the event fails and resets... They have other events which will time out, so the mechanic is there...

• 5 months later...

@Maria Murtor.7253 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:It might also be a case of bugs so obscure that tracking and fixing them takes an unproportionate amount of resources. Software can be complex to the point that stuff like that happens.

Making new Outfits or the Warclaw (ony few people asked for) takes more resouces, I guess. Both makes money, someone maybe says, but rotten content in the core game is no good advertising for people who might be interested in the game. A good machine must get checked from time to time. A constantly changing game is no exception.

As I said before: Guild Wars 2 is celebrating it's 7th anniversary. We are speaking of a long time now. There were plenty of opportunities to clean the mess up. To let people report bugs like these and don't respond to them is like GameFreak telling the Fans of Pokémon with there latest games: "We know, but we give a kitten." Removing bugged content might be a poor decision, but still better as keep playing suffer in annoyance.

This is how MMO's work":

1. There are more bugs than people/time to fix them.
  2. They get ranked for priority to fix
  3. Obviously, this bug is not that high a priority. It's too old, it's too insignificant.

That's not only a GW2 thing. If anything, you should be LESS surprised that old content bugs exist than new content ones.