Return to the Crystal , what are you hoping to see?

Eternal Is Sektor.9034

TBH, I'd like to see some of those giant skeletons from GW1. The ones we thought were giganticus lupicus bones (and were, based on dat entries but got retconned into... something unknown). I'd like to learn what they actually are.

Would like to see some remnant Abaddon tentacles from Nightfall. I think a god transforming the landscape shouldn't be so easily undone, and Kormir could easily overlook parts of the Desolation in cleaning up such a mess.

Also hoping the northern map reaches the Tombs of the Primeval Kings.

And lastly, I want to return to the Hidden City and visit our best young dragon: SHINY! And please bring skritt.

Based on leaks,

we will visit a Zephyrite village, Glint's outer lair (we went into her pocket dimension in Season 2, but not the mission outpost area where Destiny's Edge fought her), Augury Rock (we saw in trailer), Bone Palace, Garden of Sebodin.

@Killerbot.8645 said:I'm fairly sure the remains of the Lonely Vigil are in-game in PoF, in the Crystal Oasis you can find the helmet and hand half-buried in the sand.

That was a different giant statue. The Lonely Vigil would be in the map south of Crystal Oasis based on that_shaman's historical guide.

@Killerbot.8645 said:

Doesn't really say much, the placement of the Lonely Vigil was already inconsistent in GW: Prophecies and GW: Nightfall

There were dozens of giant statues throughout the Crystal Desert in Prophecies, and many near Amnoon and Destiny's Gorge. The one we see right outside of Amnoon is likely one of those, not the much further south Lonely Vigil.

As to inconsistent locations - debatable. Nothing actually said, other than gw.dat which is not always canon, that the standing female statue in Crystal Overlook was the same as the fallen female statue in The Arid Sea. People assumed such because from a distance you could see the Lonely Vigil in The Arid Sea standing, and the two maps were connected via Forgotten Teleporter.

I hope to return to some of the elonan starter mission areas, such as fahranur the first city and a lot of the areas of the desolation. We already saw that mastery point in the demo where those teleporters came back from guild wars 1 during the quest for ascension. Also I hope to see interactions during halloween between palawa joko and the mad king with the horse and throw backs. I hope a lot of jokos dark humor has been retained. Junundu worms too need i say more?

@"Eternal Is Sektor.9034" said:12 years ago I was mesmerized by a statue of a female warrior off in the distance. As you moved closer the statue disappeared like a mirage. I didn't know if this was intentional or not, but I stood there watching it phase in and out. I later found out it was called the Lonely Vigil.

I can't wait to see if the Lonely Vigil is a new POI with some lore explanation!https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lonely_Vigil

I hope it's there. There's an HP that's a giant stone hand, and by the look of Shaman's map, it's a possibility we'll go through where LV was.

One of the things I want to see is the return of the Scepter of Orr and its sister artifact the Staff of the Mists. (Yes I know we "Destroyed" it, but honestly, when has physically destroying an object really destroyed it. It's called the staff of the mists for the reason, it could return from the mists!)

Locations and things other than characters and CD only....

• The Tomb of the Primeval Kings (but doubtful as that location is north of our first zone, and we'll likely just be moving downward)
  • Seeing if any of the old ruins of sand structures or structures made of Margonite ships are still around.
  • The actual Loneyl Vigil statue (though another marked statue is the HP we saw).
  • A statue of Glint remaining (the one I remember in the Salt Flats sadly wasn't there)
  • The Hall & Temple of Ascension
  • The Vulture Drifts graveyard & the Lupicus Boneyard
  • The Mouth of Torment
  • Get to walk through the Dynastic Tombs (since I never could do the challenge missions)
  • The Margonite temple

Top of my list would be the Forgotten - if not actually finding some, finding out what happened to them and, perhaps, where they came from.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:TBH, I'd like to see some of those giant skeletons from GW1. The ones we thought were giganticus lupicus bones (and were, based on dat entries but got retconned into... something unknown). I'd like to learn what they actually are.

Didn't they say that the giant bones were also Giganticus Lupicus, and that there were multiple 'species' of GL, with the example in Arah being on the smaller end of the scale?

Archived