Friendly reminder deadeye is trash in pvp

Urejt.5648

@Zlater.6789 said:Please don't listen to op.

Its also trash in PvE and WvW, don't get confused.

No, it is not. Trash would be something that does less then damage then a chrono, and we do more then damage then a chrono. I suppose haters are going to hate though. I recommend you just stick with DD since DE seems too good for you.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

No, it is not. Trash would be something that does less then damage then a chrono, and we do more then damage then a chrono. I suppose haters are going to hate though. I recommend you just stick with DD since DE seems too good for you.

If you build a chrono as a tank, then obviously your damage will be trash.

@Asur.9178 said:

Hence Deadeye doesn't have trash dps. It may not be the best, but it is certainly not trash level.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Asur.9178 said:

Hence Deadeye doesn't have trash dps. It may not be the best, but it is certainly not trash level.

A power chrono dishes out more burst damage than DE with nearly 0 set-up. Your argument is invalid.

Actually, I'm getting a troll feeling from you; so, I'm just gonna pretend I don't see your responses.

@Asur.9178 said:

@Asur.9178 said:

A power chrono dishes out more burst damage than DE with nearly 0 set-up. Your argument is invalid.

Actually, I'm getting a troll feeling from you; so, I'm just gonna pretend I don't see your responses.

I am not trolling you or anyone here. I should have specified chrono tank in my response since I use tank damage comparisons as baseline for bottom dps numbers. The DE is not at that level. Who I do find trolls though are people who are constantly hating on DE because they don't like it, and they don't see the value it can have.

@Bunnytown.7801 said:Do you remember how after HoT released everyone said daredevil and staff was trash? I have faith that after some tweaks deadeye will follow a similar trajectory as daredevil.

A lot of tweaks along with fixes and it might not be such a handicap. Just to get away from the crowd a bit go do an early boss in one of the old dungeons or something and try it with a staff build and then a rifle build. Much of what staff can do can happen in transit and will integrate with the core parts of your build. To get to where rifle can do anything you either have to root yourself and build up to it or you have to run away while not doing anything and reset letting anything that can sustain replenish or cycle through their stuff.

There might have been people who didn't want to admit staff was a good weapon and there were a few things to fix with it but it didn't have the glaring problems rifle has and pretty early on there were Daredevil and Staff builds that were immediately obvious as optimal. At this point there's not even one somewhat fundamental rifle or DE build that more than two people can agree on. I like DE and I'm having fun on the rifle in WvW, but when problems arise and they arise often, it can make me want to switch builds just to get over a hump. Staff is kind of like rifles older brother who helps him through the hard parts of a game and hands the controller back on the levels you can mess up on.

@Urejt.5648 said:Friendly reminder deadeye is trash in pvp, especially vs daredeviledit: becuase:

1. rifle cant atack enemies in mele range
  2. rifle 4 is trash
  3. easy pulmonaries deal 10k dmg

Who cares about your opinion? I've been making it work, and slaying players left and right . Also, if you're going to complain about rifle in melee range, why are you still using rifle when you can swap to a melee weapon? Mater of fact, why aren't you using 4 and 2? You get a 600 unit backstep, and a piercing cripple with a larger hitbox than you'd think.

Archived