3 warriors doing 100 blades on a down player and he still gets resurected by 1 ele just pressing f

Hitman.5829

@Teratus.2859 said:Necro has access to a lot of lifesteal even in downstate, if a competent support build/player is reviving them then I can totally see a downed Necro being able to withstand a lot of incoming damage.Necro and Ranger have the best downstate skills in the game if you ask me, Lifesteal and pet rez are extremely good.. specially compared to Warriors abysmal downstate skills which are bad when traited and utterly useless when not.

Eh, engis have a good amount of downstate CC, mesmers and thieves can teleport and stealth (thus preventing stomps), power memsers are probably the hardest hitters while in downstate and elementalists have a downstate skill that will prevent a stomp and let them move around while invulnerable for a while to relocate to a more favorable position. Necro and Ranger are 4,5 at best and I think people in this thread are placing too much value on necros in downstate. I would still place them above warrior in that department, mind.

~ Kovu

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Necro has access to a lot of lifesteal even in downstate, if a competent support build/player is reviving them then I can totally see a downed Necro being able to withstand a lot of incoming damage.Necro and Ranger have the best downstate skills in the game if you ask me, Lifesteal and pet rez are extremely good.. specially compared to Warriors abysmal downstate skills which are bad when traited and utterly useless when not.

Eh, engis have a good amount of downstate CC, mesmers and thieves can teleport and stealth (thus preventing stomps), power memsers are probably the hardest hitters while in downstate and elementalists have a downstate skill that will prevent a stomp and let them move around while invulnerable for a while to relocate to a more favorable position. Necro and Ranger are 4,5 at best and I think people in this thread are placing too much value on necros in downstate. I would still place them above warrior in that department, mind.

~ Kovu

It depends on the build I guess, from personal experience though the amount of sustain I can achieve as a necro in downstate is pretty ridiculous.I've gone down in massive enemy swarms and been able to outheal the incoming damage lolLikewise been able to pet rez in pvp underwater and outheal the incoming damage from 2 people at the same time which was insane.I believe the underwater pet rez ability was one of the main reasons why the Raid on the Capricorn map was originally removed, it was stupidly op.

Your 3 warriors were uplevels, your ele had permaboon reflect on, and his fresh air was giving him the ability to throw up his invulnerabilities faster than you can say Let Go of my Eggo. That and his nourishment that and boons that allow him to heal 2500 hp per second...….well.....sorry of course you weren't going to kill anything then.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:Your 3 warriors were uplevels, your ele had permaboon reflect on, and his fresh air was giving him the ability to throw up his invulnerabilities faster than you can say Let Go of my Eggo. That and his nourishment that and boons that allow him to heal 2500 hp per second...….well.....sorry of course you weren't going to kill anything then.

What does FA have to do with invulns and heals though?

What's a permaboon reflect and how do I get one? Actually, what are all of these?

@Fish.2769 said:

@Fish.2769 said:Did they Mistform by chance? As long as they've started an action, they can use Mistform to negate damage to themselves... But that sounds like a support Healing Tempest tbh.

No staff, no mistform.3 100 blades and the necro just went up like nothing happened. Like I said, I am a 100% pure berserker build. Those who know me from BG know that my build is a beast.That is why I was astounded by the fact that an ele by just pressing F was able to overcome 3 100 blades.At least one of those 100 blades was from an extreme berserk build (me). I don't know about the other warriors but they seemed like they were doing very decent damage with their skills.

Next time use one of your gazillions of cc on that ele and let a friendzerker stomp the necro. Dead necro..

Gazillions of CC? You mean the 2 that (most) Warriors run?

Hammer is pretty standard, bull rush almost a requirement, that's 3 by itself.

Actually the Warriors 100 Blades and the Rangers Axe#5...are simple Cuisinart's. It's meant to be a burst hand weapon skill that adds damage over a period of time. It's meant to do damage over a period of time to allow the recipient of the attack to have enough time to use a defensive skill of some sort, or a counter to deal with the attacker. If there were 3 warrior and they were all using the same skill....gonna say yah, the ele was just tanked up and healing up a storm. I've seen 15 level 80 HoT and PoF specialization go after a single engineer or even an ele , and not one person was catching him, when we did catch up, we were doing no damage. Or what damage we all did was negated by a single heal or what i'd call 1000 to 2500 health regeneration per second, in which case, NO, you'd need to bring in a damn zerg to kill him. I thought those sorts of builds were supposed to be nerfed, but players keep finding a new way to get around all that.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Fish.2769 said:Did they Mistform by chance? As long as they've started an action, they can use Mistform to negate damage to themselves... But that sounds like a support Healing Tempest tbh.

No staff, no mistform.3 100 blades and the necro just went up like nothing happened. Like I said, I am a 100% pure berserker build. Those who know me from BG know that my build is a beast.That is why I was astounded by the fact that an ele by just pressing F was able to overcome 3 100 blades.At least one of those 100 blades was from an extreme berserk build (me). I don't know about the other warriors but they seemed like they were doing very decent damage with their skills.

Next time use one of your gazillions of cc on that ele and let a friendzerker stomp the necro. Dead necro..

The only Warriors i've ever seen running Hammer when roaming are the full CC lockdown ones and they're rarer than an ANet employee playing WvW outside their designated time-slot of 1 stream a week.

I was including Bull's Charge along with Shield Bash if you were curious btw.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I'm pretty sure this thread was made by OP to more highlight the fact that he believes 100 blades is underperforming than to actually get a answer as to how it occured if it did in fact even occur.

But also made it in the Warrior thread - I feel like this was more to vent and get people to legitimize the inability to do the stomps. 3 100 blades on a downed person should be more than enough - even 1. If you're running berserker you also have the classic "spin-to-win" option. Or CC - there are some faults with 100 blades, but the skill is far from underpowered, it is just situational. If used correctly it can actually hit for huge amouts.

@Fish.2769 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

The only Warriors i've ever seen running Hammer when roaming are the full CC lockdown ones and they're rarer than an ANet employee playing WvW outside their designated time-slot of 1 stream a week.

Rampage has 3 more CC's, which is also a staple.

@rng.1024 said:It's not just pressing F.

It's:

• Equipping a specific trait from a specific traitline
  • Casting skill 3 on staff while in water attunement on the body
  • Pressing F
  • Attune to earth in order to reduce downcleave by 33%

It lasts for 4 seconds so after that no way there is a ress, and anything condi (especially poison) is a hard counter and it can only be attempted once every 20 seconds.

For something that requires a specific trait with no other benefit, investment into a full traitline that bases itself on utility and a specific two-handed weapon that on a healing spec is only half useful and on top of that most likely sacrifice rune bonuses for mercy - it's just as balanced as mercy signet, but even with that you don't need to sacrifice half the things elementalists do.

whats this build?

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Read my previous post(s), already said about Rampage...

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

It's:
  • Pressing F

It lasts for 4 seconds so after that no way there is a ress, and anything condi (especially poison) is a hard counter and it can only be attempted once every 20 seconds.

For something that requires a specific trait with no other benefit, investment into a full traitline that bases itself on utility and a specific two-handed weapon that on a healing spec is only half useful and on top of that most likely sacrifice rune bonuses for mercy - it's just as balanced as mercy signet, but even with that you don't need to sacrifice half the things elementalists do.

whats this build?

Any build that runs Arcane Ressurection trait and staff really, for 2x Geyser resulting in double the ressing power.

@rng.1024 said:

It's:
  • Pressing F

whats this build?

Any build that runs Arcane Ressurection trait and staff really, for 2x Geyser resulting in double the ressing power.

thanks. I am interested in playing Elementalist now

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@rng.1024 said:

It's:
  • Pressing F

whats this build?

thanks. I am interested in playing Elementalist now

Yeah it allows you to ress through alot of cleave, however picking the trait that make it possible leaves out two great defensive options. Therefore you should invest some in other areas, and I suggest Water/Arcane/Tempest which allow you to use arcane skills for immobilize, use Rune of Antitoxin for a ton of cleanse, and a recharge reduction for the trait and skill allowing ressing more often.

@Fish.2769 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

None of them in the quoted thread of posts mention Rampage...

However, if you are referring to the separate standalone post you made with your opinion that "more warriors than you realize have gone to signet of rage" then I disagree, which can be extrapolated from my post claiming that rampage is a staple. I do not see any change in what roaming warriors pick - rampage still seems very much the majority used elite.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

None of them in the quoted thread of posts mention Rampage...

However, if you are referring to the separate standalone post you made with your opinion that "more warriors than you realize have gone to signet of rage" then I disagree, which can be extrapolated from my post claiming that rampage is a staple. I do not see any change in what roaming warriors pick - rampage still seems very much the majority used elite.

Which still brings around the other point i made about there's no info on how long the fight was going on, CDs, etc, etc...

Ele focus 5 in earth attunement. Take a look at it. There's a few tempests on FA running around in nomad gear with extremely high invuln uptime. They do no damage and contribute pretty much nothing to their team, but they do bait out enemy cooldowns. This probably was what Hitman encountered. If he ever played anything but warrior, he might know that.