[Suggestion] Add "Wiki Item" to Item's Right Click menu

The gw2's wiki contains a lot of useful information which everyone including myself benefit from. It also extremely helpful to newbies who have questions about certain items. But, often a lot of newbies do not know it exist or do they know "/wiki" command exist. I think by adding a shortcut to the wiki page in the context menu will be extremely beneficial to the newbies and likewise convenient to the older players.

yes a thousand times yes I would however go more the route of bind it to a keybind so we could click on something and be taken to its page like say events, map titles, skills....

as a software engineer however depending on how things are setup in the backend of the ui I could see this being a real pita to implement

@Darkstar.4596 said:yes a thousand times yes I would however go more the route of bind it to a keybind so we could click on something and be taken to its page like say events, map titles, skills....

as a software engineer however depending on how things are setup in the backend of the ui I could see this being a real pita to implement

Why? I thought it will be rather easy to implement, unless they had to add a new item to the menu manually for each item, then it indeed be a pain. I doubt they coded it that way. ermm.................. .____.

@Darkstar.4596 said:yes a thousand times yes I would however go more the route of bind it to a keybind so we could click on something and be taken to its page like say events, map titles, skills....

they already have a system which allows gw2 to open a wiki, and they already have a system for click to send hex code to chat, and they have a system for parsing the hex into a name.

Combine the three and you can easily make the system without any new code (provided they each function can be called this way)

Either way possible or not, its a why not.. so yes.

Archived