No special action option in the final instance of "To Kill a God"

Got through the vast majority of the mission with no issues. When engaging Balth in the final battle, I was given no special action button when standing in Aurene's circle. Checkpointed four times, then checked a bunch of videos to make sure I was doing it correctly. Tried a few more times, no luck. Had to quit. Swallowing rage at over an hour wasted.

Happened tonight @ about 7:00 PM, Eastern Time. Lvl 80 Slyvari Thief, playing solo.

yeh mate, unfortunately, it's unclear your character saying stick close and coordinate our attacks means look for the blue circle on the opposite side of balthazars shield to the side aurene is on, not stand on top of aurene witch to be fair is what I did for the first 6 deaths or so thinking I was meant to do that and did not see the blue circle so wasn't sure if it just wasn't there or if I was being blind

Bear in mind that the blue circle might not trigger even if you step inside it - the special action key just doesn't appear (yes, I freed Aurene as well); I think it doesn't trigger if you step inside too quickly, but was fed up with the bugs already to discover why it's happening.

I also experienced this issue with the special action key not enabling when standing in the blue circles after freeing Aurene. The other issue I had was not having the Sohothin weapon back in my hand after dying and then either selecting 'retry from checkpoint' or after fully reviving from being downed. Most of the final fight was with my own weapons instead of Sohothin, making the fight drag out an exhaustively long time.

• 6 months later...

I had the button on screen, yet no shortcut '-' as indicated in Gw Wiki, so couldn't 'hide' weapons to get normal skillset back without losing sword skills.As for the blue circle to activate Aurene, worked once, then never again through over an hour solo'ing the instance.Died so many times I lost count and with Balth at only half health, the thought of another hour was too much.What's the point, giving super strength skills yet having a boss with insane HP? Just makes for another of many bugged, boring, slow and unskilled fights.Mind, personal stories have always been utterly boring.This one just takes it to a new level.Obviously I'm feeling very frustrated right now. >.<

Archived