Maybe one day Engies would get a Dual weapon as a weapon

Rico.6873

One part would be 4 abilities on a short cooldown Short bow and Second part (ability 5 for the transform) would be 4 abilities with long cooldowns as a Crossbow

Ill be waiting here for hell freezing over for this to happen but Ive got a fishing rod with me so its K

What kind of weapons are you hoping the Engineer would one day get?

Anything you wish could be changed for the weapons we have now?

To plug the idea I've repeated many times:

The engineer should get a free weaponswap kit as additional class mechanic.

That way you can have for example rifle/flamethrower + 5 regular skills.

The difference would be that the "weaponswap kit" has standard 9s cd, while the "skill kits" work like now. Obviously cannot have sigils on it either.

In practice it free up 1 skill for all engies and allow everyone, even builds normally without a kit, to have a kit. Makes every engineer more engineery.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:To plug the idea I've repeated many times:

The difference would be that the "weaponswap kit" has standard 9s cd, while the "skill kits" work like now. Obviously cannot have sigils on it either.

In practice it free up 1 skill for all engies and allow everyone, even builds normally without a kit, to have a kit. Makes every engineer more engineery.

But only having 1 kit kills off a lot of Core Engineer's utility. Thats all they have. I'd advocate for "Tool Kit" to be Core Engie weapon swap, but leave the others as utility slots. That at least fixes at least 1 of 3 problems, short of redesigning all the kits and the tool belt functionality to make them interplay, rather then stack. Or they could even make it their F5 since they're practically getting rid of Elite tool belts as is.

I don't mind that we don't have a weapon swap, I really don't think we need it. But if Anet wants to take this approach, they should be careful to make sure that the new weapon compliments either the pistols or the rifle.

Engi needs a melee weapon. In fact I would like Anet to add a new melee weapon to engi without it being E-Spec locked, a core weapon, a weapon that you can use with any E-Spec. Could make for interesting build-crafting and it would certainly be reinvigorating.

@Eme.2018 said:I don't mind that we don't have a weapon swap, I really don't think we need it. But if Anet wants to take this approach, they should be careful to make sure that the new weapon compliments either the pistols or the rifle.

Engi needs a melee weapon. In fact I would like Anet to add a new melee weapon to engi without it being E-Spec locked, a core weapon, a weapon that you can use with any E-Spec. Could make for interesting build-crafting and it would certainly be reinvigorating.

A new melee weapon for Core and above, a new off handed weapon would also be quite welcome in my books, we now only have shield and pistol...Dual Forge shields would be quite the sight though xD

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:To plug the idea I've repeated many times:

But only having 1 kit kills off a lot of Core Engineer's utility. Thats all they have. I'd advocate for "Tool Kit" to be Core Engie weapon swap, but leave the others as utility slots. That at least fixes at least 1 of 3 problems, short of redesigning all the kits and the tool belt functionality to make them interplay, rather then stack. Or they could even make it their F5 since they're practically getting rid of Elite tool belts as is.

Never said anything about having only 1 kit. A weaponswap kit on 9s cd would be in
addition
to 0s cd skillkits - you just designate one kit you get "for free" without using up a skill slot. When having lets say a flamethrower out (weaponswap kit) you could skill flip between elixirgun or toolkit or whatever as much as you like... you just cant flip back to your rifle/pistols/etc for the 9s weaponswap duration. Any flip back from a skill slot would flip you into the weaponswap kit, until you weapon swap. TL;DR all engineer have
at least
one kit because its now a class mechanic. And you wouldnt even need to use it if you dont want to.

Hope that makes it clear.

It's hard to imagine how having a weapon like that wouldn't be the go to engineer weapon. On deadeye, all it does it upgrade the skills so to speak. I came up with an engineer weapon that has a special skill 5. I really want to see the next elite spec weapon (if we are even getting elite specs again, it's depressing Anet mentioned nothing of it in the announcement) be an electro/sticky bomb short bow. Auto shoots a mini lightning rod onto enemies, priming them for a plasma arc. Skill 5 shocks enemies in range for however many they have on them. 2 is a sticky bomb that counts as an explosion. Also detonates on skill 5. 3 overcharges the next rod with electricity for a massive stun, also inflicting weakness. 4 would have some synergy with whatever the spec is all about.