Norn and Charr

I really like the desert maps and the jungle maps from the expansions, Tyria regions around the snowy mountains and Ascalon are not my favoriate areas, the landscapes and buildings are feeling boring... so a little disappointed cos i rather see more desert and jungle maps, but if this season they are reworking some of those snowy and bad land map and making them more interesting it could be a good thing.

Hope theres more model and styles available for Charr and Horn races, that charr's face in the CG they put up today (the one got slapped) looks like a new model...

It didn't slip by me that when he mentioned exploring the lore of races, he purposely left out the Asura.A small sentence like "We will explore the lore of the Asura in the future." would have been nice.But no, the small races seem to always get the short stick, like Goblins and Gnomes in WoW.

@"Fueki.4753" said:It didn't slip by me that when he mentioned exploring the lore of races, he purposely left out the Asura.A small sentence like "We will explore the lore of the Asura in the future." would have been nice.But no, the small races seem to always get the short stick, like Goblins and Gnomes in WoW.

I don't know about that. We've been exposed pretty heavily to Asura lore and culture all the way through seasons 3 and 4. Omadd's machine and our visions therein; discovering Rata Novus; recovering early Asura research into not only Primordus and Mordremoth, but the nature of magic itself; the secret Inquest labs subtly supporting Palawa Joko; Asura tech, and Taimi specifically, being the solution to literally every problem we've had so far... all the way back to Scarlet and her stolen and adapted Asura tech way back in seasons 1-2.

The Asura have hardly been "left out" or "neglected". In fact, we can't seem to get away from the little blighters. As it should be.

@"Trise.2865"The Asura have hardly been "left out" or "neglected". In fact, we can't seem to get away from the little blighters. As it should be.

But they weren't mentioned either when they told us threat humans and Sylvari had already been explored.I would also like to learn more about their lives before Primordus ruined their home"world".

@Trise.2865 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:It didn't slip by me that when he mentioned exploring the lore of races, he purposely left out the Asura.A small sentence like "We will explore the lore of the Asura in the future." would have been nice.But no, the small races seem to always get the short stick, like Goblins and Gnomes in WoW.

I don't know about that. We've been exposed pretty heavily to Asura lore and culture all the way through seasons 3 and 4. Omadd's machine and our visions therein; discovering Rata Novus; recovering early Asura research into not only Primordus and Mordremoth, but the nature of magic itself; the secret Inquest labs subtly supporting Palawa Joko; Asura tech, and Taimi specifically, being the solution to literally every problem we've had so far... all the way back to Scarlet and her stolen and adapted Asura tech way back in seasons 1-2.

The Asura have hardly been "left out" or "neglected". In fact, we can't seem to get away from the little blighters. As it should be.

Sure, the Asura had small tidbits from their past and their culture here and there, but then again, so did all of the races at one point or another. We got insight into the humans past with the white mantle, the charrs past from Ascalon, and even the Norns history. On the other hand, we know next to nothing about Asuran society or history prior to their emergence from the underground. Specifically, we know they had a city called Quora Sum that fell, and thats about it.