N/A Server Pairings - Constructive Feedback

Karza.8097

To the GW team, as a customer I'm providing constructive feedback that having two North American servers paired for more than one link cycle is not healthy for either servers active WvW communities. The YB / SoR pairing for four straight months has hurt both server's WvW community morale significantly and could very possibly lead to a significant number of players leaving Guild Wars completely if it was maintained for a third straight cycle. Switching pairings provides a healthy opportunity for a server's WvW community to refresh interest in the game, opportunities to join more organized guilds that can create more competitive experiences and even potential for a population refreshes with a positive server pairing. Pairings that persist over two cycles negatively impacts all of these in game experiences for both server populations.

I appreciate you may have systems in place that sets up pairing automatically but from an active customer's perspective feel that it is in the best interest of ArenaNet to manually intervene to prevent two servers being linked in consecutive cycles in North America. I especially recommend any means necessary to prevent YB and SoR from being paired again for a third cycle as, to reiterate my original point, that could have devastating consequences for both server's WvW communities.

Here are the actual links

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

Here are the worlds for NA:

• Anvil Rock, Stormbluff Isle
  • Blackgate
  • Crystal Desert, Borlis Pass
  • Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness
  • Ferguson's Crossing, Henge of Denravi
  • Fort Aspenwood, Sanctum of Rall
  • Maguuma, Isle of Janthir, Ehmry Bay
  • Northern Shiverpeaks, Kaineng
  • Sea of Sorrows, Jade Quarry
  • Sorrow's Furnace, Devona's Rest
  • Tarnished Coast, Darkhaven
  • Yak's Bend, Eredon Terrace

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Some interesting matchups. Fc gets hod who at least has some early morning presence with time. BG is alone but probably too late as that 2 day opening potentially stacked them beyond fixing. Mag gets 2 links. Will that become a bandwagon 500 gem destination. I bet it will. FA gets SoR could be interesting at NA prime. And poor NSP is just the owner of the prior BG link 2 times in a row gets hosed the most. Getting the server every single BG or bandwagoner gonna transfer off as we speak making PB forced to carry for 2 more months.

And I am surprised they listed the links BEFORE reset again. This limits the number of days people don’t get pips if they are gonna hop when the links are announced.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Some interesting matchups. Fc gets hod who at least has some early morning presence with time. BG is alone but probably too late as that 2 day opening potentially stacked them beyond fixing. Mag gets 2 links. Will that become a bandwagon 500 gem destination. I bet it will. FA gets SoR could be interesting at NA prime. And poor NSP is just the owner of the prior BG link 2 times in a row gets hosed the most. Getting the server every single BG or bandwagoner gonna transfer off as we speak making PB forced to carry for 2 more months.

It's not just the last two times, other than GoM and CD linkings NSP has had abysmally populated links for going on 18 months now. PB really is doing all we can, but the cycle has gotten tired.

Every pairing other than the BG one has suffered. Anet is not going to do manual pairings, they've just got some basic automatic one that gives every server an activity number, then links the 24 servers together to make the activity numbers for each pairing as close as possible. It works fairly badly since it doesn't take into account coverage, and hasn't reduced the NA matchups to 3 tiers.