What do you want for GW2?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To actually answer the question, and ignoring the obvious troll poll:

What I want for Guild Wars 2 is: improvements on existing systems, expansions of existing mechanics, deeper exploration of existing stories, and innovation in new ones of each. In short: "more Guild Wars 2".

Now if option 1 actually were split in different options ...Raids, fractals, dungeons - already in the game. They can be repeated.

But WvW and PvP could need more improvements. Since they are the real end game content - and should not get boring if repeated and played endlessly while waiting for new living story.

I been playing elder scrolls online and miss the build making in guild wars 1. ESO lets me combine skill lines. I miss that from GW1.Also I miss capturing elite skills from enemies and having lots of elite skills to make builds with.I like quests that take me on adventures. GW2 feels like "hang out in the area and do chores." for prize tickets.

• 4 weeks later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Where is my third option? Namely, "Great story contents through expansions."

what's the expansion for?

This would be the third time I'd have to type this today, so I'll simply copy and paste from
:

• I'm excited about the topics the next LW season will deal with. :) The graphics and cinematics looked awesome!
  • That said, I would prefer it to be an expansion. I don't mind the wait. I prefer story content that you can play through at once instead of being spoon-fed over the course of 1.5 years, that has a conclusion at the end (not counting any cliffhangers for upcoming stories) and has
    one
    team that wraps up the whole thing and ensures it is well-rounded and - most importantly - consistent in terms of quality and coherence.
  • [...]

ah, but you don't know if the saga will be consistent in terms of quality and coherence or not, same as, even with a single team handling the expansion doesn't guarantee it will be workth playing.

which then, leads us to the second part: content that can be played at once and not being spoon fed. I see where you are going, but then all people are going to breeze past the content, ignoring 95% of it, only to complain the expansion is too short and there's not enough things to do. Been there, done that.

@Aenesthesia.1697 said:which then, leads us to the second part: content that can be played at once and not being spoon fed. I see where you are going, but then all people are going to breeze past the content, ignoring 95% of it, only to complain the expansion is too short and there's not enough things to do. Been there, done that.

Hence why it's best to have have engaging PvP content for the end, so players would have something interactive and dynamic to play at the end (while waiting for more PvE content). However this game barely has any PvP, and the population still promoting it with SoloQ/DuoQ is extremely low, indicating it's quality within teamwork and friendship.

Tbh I voted for LS as a knee-jerk reaction to the shortcomings of the poll. I am not a fan of the story. However, the only things in the first option I might care about are updates to Guild Missions and some WvW improvements. I don't see why those (and the other stuff I don't care about for that matter) cannot accompany LS. That said, a better choice on my part would have been to abstain and comment. So, ignore my "vote."

I'd like to see what ANet could do if they decided to offer more to do, and less to listen to. I get that the story is important to some players. However, I wonder just how much more ANet could provide if they weren't expending an unknown amount of resources to produce "movies" whose writing and implementation are uninspiring at best. I never watch a movie more than once, and my desire to "watch" an ANet "movie" is approaching nil.

It doesn't matter what we want. Anet is going to do whatever they want. Theyll continue to add content to pve through living story, and anything they think they can quickly rehash and push into wvw, even though players dont want it, theyll add. Theyll continue to talk about alliances and swiss while adding neither or posting a road map, and in between all of this there will be 400 updates with black lion gem items.

Mostly, I'd just like some mechanical changes. A lot of things have been added parallel to the main gameplay, but the actual combat hasn't evolved much.

I'd like to see them do something with the combo system to make it a more meaningful part of group gameplay.

I'd like to see an overhaul to the attributes so that effects are scaled to only one attribute, and toughness is more useful.

I'd like to see a smart aggro management system (not the ridiculous raid one) and other tanking mechanics.

I'd like to see a return to the counter-based gameplay of GW1 (possibly by replacing RNG criticals with more conditional "criticals"), so that the best builds will at least vary by encounter and require reaction rather than rotation.

Might be pie in the sky, but I'd like to see (unlimited) profession swapping, so they can worry less about balancing 9 jack-of-all-trade professions and feel free to focus them more on certain roles.

Funny poll.

Option 1: everything the OP wants.Option 2: the thing that the OP apparently is willing to give up to get what he wants.

Amazingly, there is not a single thing that he mentions in option 1 that I would want as a regular PvE player. It is all PvP related or team content. Obviously he tried to cover up the bias towards his own wishes by adding the remark at the at the top of the post later,("duh, so much content to remember" ) but alas, the poll itself could not be altered. Dude, just call your thread: "I want more PvP and teamstuff".

Well, I guess I will have to go with option 2 then. What a stupid poll.

I'm no doubt in the minority, but I just want fun or exciting changes for traits. There are so many that are too passive and boring! Also, maybe reworking weapon skills that people don't like using or that simply suck outright. You could also rework an entire weapon that is proven to be unpopular based on statistics.

The problem with gw2 is that 99% of the effort ANET put into the game is invested into the gamemode with less longevity, PVE, every new map they release gives you at much, 1 month of gameplay until you just get bored of the map and don't wanna touch it again, just loot at league of legends, people have been playing the same map for years, if only WvW and PvP received 20% of anet resources we would have a better game, right now there is nothing for me to log in into the game and i know there is a lot of people like me, that really want to play gw2 again, but once you log in, you realize that you are already burn out of all the content the game has to offer.