Jump to content
  • Sign Up

What are your thoughts about the incoming nerfs to the Longbow Auto?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First they nerfed unblockables, now they are nerfing ranged damage. Clearly rangers are not meant to be doing ranged damage.

Now if only they buffed our other weapons and traits to provide other play styles, instead of nerfing our ranged damage, which is basically all we can really do to be effective at wvw.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the complete lack of making any changes to make the class more worthwhile of a squad spot that really irks me. It's just a nerf. Great, we'll be a little worse off doing the one thing we can do; roaming.

Of course, everyone else applauds it, and a few wants some additional nerfs to the soulbeast mobility. Not one word of anything to buff other roles the class might have. Druid is still a dead pvp/wvw spec literally just waiting there if they want to shake up a stale meta, but noooooooo. SB stance sharing could be improved, closing down the distance to hammer herald, but nooooo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not the nerf I wanted.

I wanted the damage to increase only up to half its range, then decrease past that, and decreasing the lowest damage value, without reducing the maximum damage.
The maximum damage would only be at the middle of the range. Get close enough to them or move too far, and the damage would be half of the middle point.

I would have also wanted a minimum range for all ranged weapons, so bow can't hit without 120 units around the ranger, or making the longbow attacks easily interruptible when hit by very close p-close melee attacks, within 60 units.

I'm well aware of how people would dislike such changes, but one of the best ways to keep ranged attacks with high damage balanced is making it safer to get close to them so they can't hit as hard when you are up close, while not making them too effective when the range is too long, since those attacks are way safer.
A range indicator somewhere in the UI would help making the change more accepted, like a number showing the range units somewhere in or around the enemy HP bar..

Nevertheless, the cummulative modifiers will still be a problem, and the only real solution I'm seeing to deal with them would be even less accepted: changing how critical damage works.Rather than making critical hits change the base damage, then have all damage modifiers applied to that, critical damage would be applied as extra damage added to he base as another modifier, and have damage modifiers still affect only the base.
To compensate a bit for the damage loss, Ferocity could have its base ungeared stat increased from 0 to 1000.This would greatly reduce maximum damage across the board, and some raid bosses would probably have to have their stats adjusted to keep them reasonably doable, but it would definitely help keeping critical damage in check.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"GW2 Systems Team" said:
Ranger
  • Long Range Shot: Reduce the damage range of this skill from 0.7-0.9 to 0.65-0.75 in WvW only.Sincerely,GW2 Systems Team

Hot takes, shoot.

Long Range Shot doesn't +1 shot but hey, +1 shotting is ok

Unbelievable!!

Notice there is nothing about nerfing +1 shotting

--also notice that Thief Profession is exempt in their list--

--Thief being the sole longest running Toxic +1 shotting Profession in the game is excused from nerfs---

Yup!! Final Fantasy 14 and ESO just gained new increase of forner Guild Wars 2 players yesterday alone in guilds alone

Square Enix and ZeniMax Online Studios would never put up with it especially for 7 years with continuation

--don't want to put up with it either??-----join us---

--Rangers are much loved and appreciated there-- :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"GW2 Systems Team" said:
Ranger
  • Long Range Shot: Reduce the damage range of this skill from 0.7-0.9 to 0.65-0.75 in WvW only.Sincerely,GW2 Systems Team

Hot takes, shoot.

Long Range Shot doesn't +1 shot but hey, +1 shotting is ok

Unbelievable!!

Notice there is nothing about nerfing +1 shotting

--also notice that Thief Profession is exempt in their list--

--Thief being the sole longest running Toxic +1 shotting Profession in the game is excused from nerfs---

Yup!! Final Fantasy 14 and ESO just gained new increase of forner Guild Wars 2 players yesterday alone in guilds alone

Square Enix and ZeniMax Online Studios would never put up with it especially for 7 years with continuation

--don't want to put up with it either??-----join us---

--Rangers are much loved and appreciated there-- :)

Just to mention I play mostly eso these days and u may as well steer clear of it cuz seeing how u are with thief in this game ud really hate on my nightblade lmao. The rogue class in eso is also balanced around stealth except in eso the stealth is far less annoying to use than in gw2. Sure u can almost permastealth in gw2 but to do so is annoying seeing as how it requires constant upkeep of multiple utilities and blasting thru smoke fields where as in eso I press a button every 3 sec :) which actually allows me to play and enjoy other aspects of the game while stealthing :) so yeah u should probably stay away from eso burny Haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"GW2 Systems Team" said:
Ranger
  • Long Range Shot: Reduce the damage range of this skill from 0.7-0.9 to 0.65-0.75 in WvW only.Sincerely,GW2 Systems Team

Hot takes, shoot.

Long Range Shot doesn't +1 shot but hey, +1 shotting is ok

Unbelievable!!

Notice there is nothing about nerfing +1 shotting

--also notice that Thief Profession is exempt in their list--

--Thief being the sole longest running Toxic +1 shotting Profession in the game is excused from nerfs---

Yup!! Final Fantasy 14 and ESO just gained new increase of forner Guild Wars 2 players yesterday alone in guilds alone

Square Enix and ZeniMax Online Studios would never put up with it especially for 7 years with continuation

--don't want to put up with it either??-----join us---

--Rangers are much loved and appreciated there-- :)

Just to mention I play mostly eso these days and u may as well steer clear of it cuz seeing how u are with thief in this game ud really hate on my nightblade lmao. The rogue class in eso is also balanced around stealth except in eso the stealth is far less annoying to use than in gw2. Sure u can almost permastealth in gw2 but do do so is annoying seeing as how it requires constant upkeep of multiple utilities and blasting thru smoke fields where as in eso I press a button every 3 sec :) which actually allows me to play and enjoy other aspects of the game while stealthing :) so yeah u should probably stay away from eso burny Haha.

QUGB2X1.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

I rather they nerf Maul than ranged autos.

Ranged autos do stupid damage, yes, but they are also screwed by terrain and anyone who doesn't use terrain in wvw dueling is an idiot.

On the other hand I am extremely unhappy with the fact that Rangers have more 1 shot potential than any profession in the game right now.

Maul still bursts really hard.

Winter's Bite still bursts really hard.

Wordly Impact still bursts really hard.

If yu are playing any profession without some form of Protection uptime, any of these skills landing will force a heal and allow them to whittle yur health down with ranged autos.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yasai.3549 said:I rather they nerf Maul than ranged autos.

Ranged autos do stupid damage, yes, but they are also screwed by terrain and anyone who doesn't use terrain in wvw dueling is an idiot.

On the other hand I am extremely unhappy with the fact that Rangers have more 1 shot potential than any profession in the game right now.

Maul still bursts really hard.

Winter's Bite still bursts really hard.

Wordly Impact still bursts really hard.

If yu are playing any profession without some form of Protection uptime, any of these skills landing will force a heal and allow them to whittle yur health down with ranged autos.

Well i agree with you there are a lot of skills in game that do hit extremely hard.

But i dont think nerfing the base damage a 15% will solve the issues. It will make hammer revenants even more prevalent in wvw. It will not make rangers to move away from the longbow anyway because there is not other choice from them.I feel like the balance team is just catering to the whiners thieves and mesmers taken down by an auto while they were running away with their teleports when the failed in the ganking attempt.

If @systemsteam wants the ranger to move away from longbow what imo they should do is to give the range back to shortbow (or ideally give it the same range as longbow) and improve the weapon giving it some utility or the splinter effect to the attacks. And then they can nerf that 15% off the LB and rev hammer AA.

Then the ranger may move to condi builds which will make the lb obsolete.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@anduriell.6280 said:

Well i agree with you there are a lot of skills in game that do hit extremely hard.

But i dont think nerfing the base damage a 15% will solve the issues. It will make hammer revenants even more prevalent in wvw. It will not make rangers to move away from the longbow anyway because there is not other choice from them.I feel like the balance team is just catering to the whiners thieves and mesmers taken down by an auto while they were running away with their teleports when the failed in the ganking attempt.

If @systemsteam wants the ranger to move away from longbow what imo they should do is to give the range back to shortbow (or ideally give it the same range as longbow) and improve the weapon giving it some utility or the splinter effect to the attacks. And then they can nerf that 15% off the LB and rev hammer AA.

Then the ranger may move to condi builds which will make the lb obsolete.

The reason why Hammer rev is not great in wvw roaming is because they are easily picked on by so many classes.

Hammer Rev may dish out the damage but they have extremely obvious tells and even worse cast time.

Coupled with the fact they severely lack any form of sustain, they are easily put down in a drawn out fight, which most if not all roam builds are designed to contend with.

I just feel that it is extremely disgusting that one of the best dueling sustain professions in the game also has the best burst capability.

Thieves and Mesmers pay for their burst through building very squishy stats, to the point a stray DH LB 2 can instantly drop them.

Rangers, on the other hand doesn't have this weakness at all, having very high Protection uptime, easy Vuln stacking, and hefty damage boosts, as well as ridiculously high Power scaling.

The only thing stopping them from playing in zergs and dominating is that they are countered very hard by multiple layers of projectile hate and aegis, which zergs tend to have an overabundance of.

A class with high sustain, unrivalled burst and sustain dps from ranged or melee, excellent escape, is obviously gonna be constantly on the radar for balance changes.

This category which ranger falls in is also shared by Holosmith and Warrior, but each for similar aspects, though not exactly like Ranger.

The only thing more toxic than cheesy 1 shot builds or disgusting Condi stacking tumors, are all rounders which do everything a little too well.

Imagine if Weaver had a seriously stupid scaling to all stats or have ridiculous base numbers.

They would be the most broken class in wvw roaming due to no wasted stats and extreme coverage of all aspects of combat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yasai.3549 said:

Well i agree with you there are a lot of skills in game that do hit extremely hard.

But i dont think nerfing the base damage a 15% will solve the issues. It will make hammer revenants even more prevalent in wvw. It will not make rangers to move away from the longbow anyway because there is not other choice from them.I feel like the balance team is just catering to the whiners thieves and mesmers taken down by an auto while they were running away with their teleports when the failed in the ganking attempt.

If @systemsteam wants the ranger to move away from longbow what imo they should do is to give the range back to shortbow (or ideally give it the same range as longbow) and improve the weapon giving it some utility or the splinter effect to the attacks. And then they can nerf that 15% off the LB and rev hammer AA.

Then the ranger may move to condi builds which will make the lb obsolete.

The reason why Hammer rev is not great in wvw roaming is because they are easily picked on by so many classes.

Hammer Rev may dish out the damage but they have extremely obvious tells and even worse cast time.

Coupled with the fact they severely lack any form of sustain, they are easily put down in a drawn out fight, which most if not all roam builds are designed to contend with.

I just feel that it is extremely disgusting that one of the best dueling sustain professions in the game also has the best burst capability.

Thieves and Mesmers pay for their burst through building very squishy stats, to the point a stray DH LB 2 can instantly drop them.

Rangers, on the other hand doesn't have this weakness at all, having very high Protection uptime, easy Vuln stacking, and hefty damage boosts, as well as ridiculously high Power scaling.

The only thing stopping them from playing in zergs and dominating is that they are countered very hard by multiple layers of projectile hate and aegis, which zergs tend to have an overabundance of.

A class with high sustain, unrivalled burst and sustain dps from ranged or melee, excellent escape, is obviously gonna be constantly on the radar for balance changes.

This category which ranger falls in is also shared by Holosmith and Warrior, but each for similar aspects, though not exactly like Ranger.

The only thing more toxic than cheesy 1 shot builds or disgusting Condi stacking tumors, are all rounders which do everything a little too well.

Imagine if Weaver had a seriously stupid scaling to all stats or have ridiculous base numbers.

They would be the most broken class in wvw roaming due to no wasted stats and extreme coverage of all aspects of combat.

I'm Happy if they nerf 1hit ranger. Ever since anet nerfed sicem and no unblockable, roaming has been much better. All the noob rangers went away. And that means anet isn't paying attention to my insanely overpowered build with no weakness except mobility ( not enough to escape people chasing me ). So I'm happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"bigo.9037" said:I'm Happy if they nerf 1hit ranger. Ever since anet nerfed sicem and no unblockable, roaming has been much better. All the noob rangers went away. And that means anet isn't paying attention to my insanely overpowered build with no weakness except mobility ( not enough to escape people chasing me ). So I'm happy.

You are joking, right?"insanely overpowered build with" ? lol ... sometimes, some of you just make me laugh ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lazze.9870 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:A class with high sustain, unrivalled burst and sustain dps from ranged or melee, excellent escape, is obviously gonna be constantly on the radar for balance changes.

Unrivaled
sustained melee
dps? That has never been true for ranger.

GS weapon is the weapon with.. probably most utility of any class except ele who can swap atunements.

Evade on AA chain with quickness hits very hard with high evade uptime, maul hits hard with very low cd, evade / leap for combo field or gap closing, block that doubles as a knockback, a stun that resets maul cd. Not to mention while merged you have most likely another stun, a dmg mitigation tool of some kind and another utility.

High protection uptime, regen, quickness, stab. Multiple sources of stealth if you have longbow. Did I mention dolyak stance? Oh boi.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...